Operation: Scarlet Spear: Titania Prime 27.3.7

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

We made a hasty change in Hotfix 27.3.6 that removed Venari’s Heal aura from affecting Oplinks AND Defense Targets. Firstly, the terminology of calling Venari’s Defense Target healing a ‘fix’ was incorrect, so apologies there on my behalf. It’s correct to say it was a feature for Venari, considering it had its own Tip for it! The change stemmed from our desire to resolve Operation exploits as quickly as possible, and we didn't communicate this properly.

We’re doing a deeper review on abilities that heal Defense Targets that we can speak to in the coming days.

Apologies as well for the late reply on this topic. We’ll update everyone when we’ve dug deeper and have an action plan.

I don't get how its even an exploit, its not effective at all.

• Like 15

Healing an NPC defense target with a healing ability is not an "exploit". This is hypocritical sophistry as usual. The bottom line is that the miserable slogging grind of this terrible event was apparently *not miserable enough*, so you had to act fast.

Incidentally, how long have we been waiting for Zephyr Deluxe - and an actual, substantive Zephyr rework - now? Going on five years? Ah yeah, that's right.

• Like 19

We made a hasty change in Hotfix 27.3.6 that removed Venari’s Heal aura from affecting Oplinks AND Defense Targets. Firstly, the terminology of calling Venari’s Defense Target healing a ‘fix’ was incorrect, so apologies there on my behalf. It’s correct to say it was a feature for Venari, considering it had its own Tip for it! The change stemmed from our desire to resolve Operation exploits as quickly as possible, and we didn't communicate this properly.

We’re doing a deeper review on abilities that heal Defense Targets that we can speak to in the coming days.

Apologies as well for the late reply on this topic. We’ll update everyone when we’ve dug deeper and have an action plan.

Yeah, "incorrect"...sure, whatever.

When do you guys plan to fix the big SS event exploit? The one exploiting players' time and good will as your free beta testers in exchange for <checks notes> very few of the arcanes we were promised?

• Like 24

Its like when they tried to stealth nerf Dps arcane around Mesa Prime release. The problem Its not the weapons, Its not the frames. It's insanely boring grindfest. People opt for the less resistance path/less variable path. People want result, get it done, not have fun with the event. I hate DE Megan throw herself under the bus like it was a terminology issue. The Issue is the main issue I keep having with Warframe these days. It suck to be early Adopter and Beta test your content and call on your bullS**t; with oopsie Dev do like this. And an Apologies doesn't feel like an apologies when you hear the word BUT right in the same sentence.

Edited by Tromeo
  • Like 10

So much for venari but what about the nerf to ensnare? Not a word about it.

• Like 2

Translation: you losers can kiss Vazarin's Protective Dash goodbye just as soon as we figure out what our game actually does.

• Like 21

oh goodies
now they will nerf every healing ability.

1 minute ago, -Augustus- said:

Translation: you losers can kiss Vazarin's Protective Dash goodbye just as soon as we figure out what our game actually does.

yeap... Exactly what that says.

• Like 12

So healing defence targets is OP and needs a thorough review. Right.

Meanwhile, Limbo.

Seriously though, you just can't have challenge built around defending a fixed target while Limbo exists in his current form. Find a better way of creating challenge.

Edited by Llamatronian
  • Like 18

Can you please cut condrix eHP in half?  I'm having to solo because players have already moved passed Scarlet Spear.  The grind is currently insane. 

Or you can just send me like 10k so I can get the other BP and I'll move on.

Thanks.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Out of all the broken S#&amp;&#036; in this game, you decide that the most pressing matter is that people are earning credits to fast? What a #*!%ing joke of an event that you even need to remove ALL defense healing.

FIX THINGS THAT NEGATIVELY IMPACT PLAYERS. Maybe fix whatever issues is STILL stopping people from getting bonus credits. This Khora nerf better be fixed by the time her deluxe comes out, I wont spend money because your joke of an event is so S#&amp;&#036; that a frame got nerfed because of it.

• Like 18

Out of all the broken S#&amp;&#036; in this game, you decide that the most pressing matter is that people are earning credits to fast? What a #*!%ing joke of an event that you even need to remove ALL defense healing.

FIX THINGS THAT NEGATIVELY IMPACT PLAYERS. Maybe fix whatever issues is STILL stopping people from getting bonus credits. This Khora nerf better be fixed by the time her deluxe comes out, I wont spend money because your joke of an event is so S#&amp;&#036; that a frame got nerfed because of it.

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Oorel said:

I don't get how its even an exploit, its not effective at all.

They didn't plan for it. Its as simple as that. So now that a thing is happening that wasn't on the white board it needs to be eliminated in the most cumbersome and obfuscated fashion imaginable. 

Honestly I don't even have the negative view of this event that most people have. Initial bugs aside - I don't mind the runs, I find the new Sentients and weapons pretty cool,  and the payout grind isn't as terrible as many make it out to be. But this nerf to a 2nd tier ability on a non-meta frame that we barely see in the wild anyways is just absolute nonsense. The 75k credit payout for minor heals felt very exploitative from the jump, and this adjustment really cements that thinking. 

A fun ability on a lesser used frame was murdered because reasons. What an fantastic way to put an exclamation point on the Scarlet Spear launch.

• Like 13

Something working as intended is an exploit?

(X) to doubt.

• Like 18

Limbo can completely lol-nope the entire need to actively defend the OpLinks with his Cataclysm and Stasis.... But you decided "A healing ability shouldn't be allowed to heal things". You just started to decide that giving bosses complete immunity to all status procs was bogus. Can you continue doing what you did in "Warframe Revised" updates, and actually try and hammer out the issues with fundamental gameplay design, and then make more deliberations on how specific Warframe abilities should function in those new contexts?
If a Warframe ability is to heal things, it should be able to heal things. If you want specific things to effectively be healed less, then you should consider doing other things instead, like raising the armor for all intended healing recipients and lowering all the healing abilities by a proportionate amount, since it amounts to healing the same EHP (effective health pool) of everything but the defense targets that you don't want to abuse. You can call it an effective, indirect nerf to the ability to heal defense targets/objectives, on the grounds that "we're seeing so few OpLinks being destroyed, that we figured you guys needed to be challenged more", but you know what would be more fair to add alongside that? "Because of the raised difficulty, we're raising the credits reward across the board".

DE. Stop being tone-deaf to everyone's criticism of this event. Fix actual exploits. You know. Genuinely unintended features. Bugs. Abuses. We want this event fixed. And as it stands, we cannot stand for any effective nerfs to credit gain in this event. It is monotonous as hell and everyone thinks that we should be earning way more credits per run. You know what would be fair? Giving us credits for killing off more Sentients onboard the Murex. So that we have a reason to try to actively kill them to keep them off of the OpLinks, instead of Limbo Cataclysm and Stasis Chill. Reward the ground crews with time-bonuses, so there's incentive to actually work faster. And above all, go back to the ORIGINAL DESIGN FOR SQUAD-LINK. You know. Where teaming up meant BONUSES, not a FRIENDSHIP DOOR THAT BARS PROGRESS.

• Like 23
53 minutes ago, Llamatronian said:

So healing defence targets is OP and needs a thorough review. Right.

Meanwhile, Limbo.

Seriously though, you just can't have challenge built around defending a fixed target while Limbo exists in his current form. Find a better way of creating challenge.

Put a two meter nully buble around the oplink. Or even a meter bubble. Ther you go tophat b gone.

So we're going from a "fix" to an "exploit" now. Is it still April 1st in Canada?

• Like 16
6 minutes ago, MarrikBroom said:

Put a two meter nully buble around the oplink. Or even a meter bubble. Ther you go tophat b gone.

People would just use gara or frost or any other cc frame like nyx. Spamming CC is still easier than actually killing sentients

• Like 4
2 hours ago, HammerremmaH said:

This is hardly the first time that something has been "fixed" where the "fix" is in direct opposition to tooltips and widely understood ability synergies/functionality.  It always seems to coincide with it being something that allows enjoyable play of the newest game mode, or something that is removed in a bid to sell it back as a mtx transaction. Neither of these things is positive from a player relations standpoint. Being disingenuous about defining what has been done is just garnishing the poison cocktail.

This tbh

• Like 15

what about econ adjustments for SS, adding more arcanes to the shop, and fixing all the real bugs instead of nerfing powers when they are working as intended while calling it a bugfix?

• Like 14
8 minutes ago, zakaryx said:

People would just use gara or frost or any other cc frame like nyx. Spamming CC is still easier than actually killing sentients

Agreed, but if the problem is 'limbo can pause the AI WAAAAHHH' there you go easy fix that gives limbo use in the team *being able to cata-pause the waves leading up to the oplink deployment) 

I'm salty as hell over venari. What next? Oberon not allowed to heal? Not playing the game we intended. Nerf trinity Wednesdays again?  Seriously guys. I'm pissed because all these 'fixes' whenever they happen to years old 'exploits' quote un frakking quote... it's always 'WAAHH THE PLAYEWRS AREN'T DOING IT HOW WE INTENDED' See also nova getting past phase one of exploiter with her anti mater drop. WAAAHHH WAAHHH  Never frakking mind that wasn't even the worst most grindy part of the fight. DE still has to punish players for using the tools DE themselves handed out.  

NO YOU PLAY THE GAME IN THE MOST NOLIFE GRINDY WAY POSSIBLE OR ELSE! NO! NO YOU CAN'T DO THE THING! NO. BAD PLAYER BAD BAAAD! STOP HAVING FUN!

Seriously...

Megan. I realize you are just a community person so aren't charged with descision making. You literally have little to no call in this. I'm just aggravated at DE as a whole/entity on the seeming hate boner for out of the box thinking on tool use to get around the most unfun aspects of roadblocks shoved in our faces.

Here's a solution. Make it so people are REWARDED for engaging the grind instead of punished for skipping the grindwall  and NOT go 'NO BAD EXPLOITER! *fingerwag* BAD EXPLOITER FOR USING TOOLS WE GAVE YOU BAD!'

I'm sick to death of every update or change feeling like 'are we getting what we want while the monkey paw curls a finger?' I'm tired of being treated like the enemy.

• Like 22
3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Thank you so much for responding to this! Even if you make a decision that results in Khora being less useful, I am just happy to not be ignored. Though I would prefer it if Venari received her healing abilities again in full, especially since I would like an alternative to being limbo constantly in scarlet spear missions and it was not an unbalanced move (limbo is still objectively better).

Can you bookmark this post or something so that more people can see it?

• Like 2
3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

1) Apologies without an, at least, partial solution means nothing. Please, restore the ability to the intended use: Healing defense objectives. It doesnt matter if OPLINKS arent considered.

2) OPLINK heal was an exploit. Other defense objective wasn't and you sholud know it well.

3) The only healing ability besides venari, is Vazarin healing dash, at least from my knowledge. So vazarin will be affected too, even if doesn't work at all with OPLINKS?
_
As almsot everyone is saying, with this future changes probably we'll have to rely just on limbo. Also, please, consider giving at least 1 sec of inmortality to that OPLINK, most of the time I deploy it and before I could see the life it's already damaged by grineers.

Edited by xHeretic
typo
  • Like 9
hace 4 horas, Schritzophrenic dijo:

This. Guys, arca titron doesn't build charges anymore. Not a single one. The weapons entirely useless now and yall are ignoring us about it like you usually do.

Actually it seems it only works if you are the host (try in the simulacrum, it works there) however the new mechanics make you loose the charges accidentally all the time as all combos have some kind of slam. I would be usable again if they just let you decide when to discharge (IE: only on heavy ground slams, like before)

• Like 1
  • [DE]Megan unfeatured, locked and unpinned this topic