Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Change Corinth Prime reload

T-Shark69

Please do not remove my favorite weapon's cool factor in the Prime version. Not only did it get just a status and fr buff as a one-tap crit based weapon, but the alt fire is wonkier too. On top of that it lost the unique reload animation that was great for being topped up and usable in a pinch., It got replaced with a horrendous 3s reload and unlike the Chakkhurr the animation is not worth that time. (Edit : Im not saying to keep the 20 mag size with the reload change, jesus)

Zo2qKJD.jpg

Please make that be replaced by Corinth Prime.

Edited by T-Shark69
  • Like 37

33 minutes ago, Netrialis said:

Yeah, nice joke DE! You got me here. Now, make Corinth PRIME, not some new ordinary shotgun with Corinth's name 

Very much this sentiment. DE, when you make an improved version of a weapon, WE DON'T WANT A BRAND NEW WEAPON! How many times do we have to go through this?

• Like 15

For real? They replaced a badass pump-action reload you can interrupt in the moment of need with that? What a bummer... This is exactly what I didn't like about the Pyrana Prime as well. I liked the regular one, which is a singular variant, and didn't ask for or wanted a timed gimmick Akimbo feature at all. And there's no way to disable it, hence me ranking it up, putting on a shelf and never bothering with it again :sad:

• Like 13

I got back into Warframe after 9 months away from the game because one of my friends that plays the game sent me a picture of the upcoming prime (Titania) a couple weeks ago. I saw her holding the Corinth and got excited to play the game again. This prime was a huge disappointment for me. The Corinth is my second favorite weapon and I don’t even want to use its prime. The reload was so cool and made the gun feel good to use. I see the boring 20 round magazine that reloads like normal guns as a nerf. The status buff is laughable. The only real buff the primary fire got was a fire rate increase.

Edited by (PS4)GallonOfSkimMilk
  • Like 12

Ya the Primed Corinth suck. Reload animation/method is wrong. The alt fire is harder to use in its manual form and the stats upgrade over the normal is abysmal/not justifying all the downgrades previously mention.

• Like 11

I agree i prefer vanilla reload that's why i love and still keeping this shotgun, making it to just switch mag now its like any other shotgun totally killed this weapon. Such wasted potential you could have made animation to pack 2-3 shells at the time instead we got a poo like this. Im DEappointed.

• Like 11

Il y a 3 heures, Iamabearlulz a dit :

Very much this sentiment. DE, when you make an improved version of a weapon, WE DON'T WANT A BRAND NEW WEAPON! How many times do we have to go through this?

Feel the same...
Please DE :c

• Like 5

Yeah the animation doesn't look nearly as smooth now. The increased mag size as welll is actually a facade of a buff in compensating the slow reload, coz the alt-fire eats 4 ammo per shot which results in it still being a total of 5 like the original.

Overall I find this to be quite reminiscent to the Opticor vs Vandal thing we had ages back, but inverted. Regular Corinth having potentially faster DPS despite the niche alt-fire, while the Prime cranks up said alt-fire to bigger numbers but kills the QoL aspect for which the gun was originally praised. That aside, the buckshot's stats are literally the same and that doesn't leave much tangible incentive to switch to Prime.

At best, this prime is currently a side-grade rather than a full-on upgrade that most (if not all) primes are known to have been.

P.S: Fellow Corinth main here:

unknown.png

• Like 12

Please rethink the corinth prime gameplay, the secondary shot was horrible if you don’t reactivate before it hits the target you miss the shot, and especially the normal shots, the original mechanics were great you stopped the recharge in the middle and never fired she was left without bullets or in a difficult situation, a comb for her was terrible, please review this, I know there must be more unhappy people.

Por favor repensem o gameplay da corinth prime, o tiro secundario ficou horrivel caso voce nao reative antes que ele atinja o alvo voce perde o disparo, e principalmente os tiros normais, a mecanica original era otima voce parava a recarga no meio e atirava e nunca ficava sem balas ou em uma situação dificil, um pente pra ela ficou terrivel, por favor revejam isso, sei que deve haver mais pessoas descontentes.

• Like 2

I also don't appreciate the changes to Corinth's reload and magazine size, but sadly I don't think this is something that's going to be changing because I created a thread requesting for the changes to be reverted immediately after the devstream where it was showcased. If DE chose not to adjust the shotgun before release, I find it hard to imagine that they'd relent now that it's out and people have presumably purchased it and put multiple forma into it. If there's any hope that additional traction on the feedback forums would convince the devs to bring the primed variant closer to the original, by all means, but at this point I'm afraid that it's almost certainly a lost cause.

• Like 1

I agree to say that this weapon might be the first one where i actually say i love its normal version more than the prime version.

Right even so since both are pretty much identical from its stats (next to the obvious changes):

(as for here, use the wiki if you dont belive, the damage output stats are minimal -

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Corinth

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Corinth_Prime  )

As from the wiki you can go there too but, as i had already a talk with a friend on discord, here is how i see it:

"okey here are some changes: Corith (normal)

- fires a bit slower (by 0.25)

- single reload (which is way better...)

- only a 5 shot mag but more max ammo (132 vs 120)

- does only need 1 ammo for alt fire (insteed of 4)

- damage is EQUAL (normal fire) with its prime version

- prime version is has only a higher status chance per pellet (6% vs 9%)

- the alt fire is weaker (404 damage vs 2200)

- alt fire explodes after some distance is traveld of its own

- else it fizzles

- alt fire has a lower status chance than its prime counter part (28% vs 50%)

so basicly, only the alt fire has a damage change but needs also 4 ammo at ones.

so it doesnt change anything if i use either the normal OR the prime version if you think about it. only the fact that you either like a #*!%ing reload time of 3 seconds or a quick single shell reload."

No im srs to say that the damage output from the normal version and prime version are pretty much the same. Sure, it fires a bit faster but the normal version let you reload way faster and single shells (which was T-H-E UNIQUE ABOUT THE CORINTH!).

And as for the alt fire, you have to explode it in the air ANYWAYS coz it also fizzles if you dont. so either they change that it explodes manualy AND explodes on contact with an enemy or wall. Else i can just go and use the standart version where the explosion might makes a bit less damage but also needs only 1 ammo insteed of 4 - so that the primes version should make more damage is here now of course sure a must by 4 ammo used vs just 1.

So yea...i guess i will stay with the normal one for now...what a waste tbh.

• Like 8

A 3s reload for 20 shells is totally fine in my opinion.

About the new alt fire, I like a lot more than the vanilla one. Easy to use, almost unlimited range, great damage and status. In itself it's enough for me to justify using the prime over the vanila corinth.

Anyway, going full hyperboles calling it "the biggest downgrade ever" might not be the best way to get the devs to take your feedback seriously.

Edited by Robolaser

12 minutes ago, Robolaser said:

About the new alt fire, I like a lot more than the vanilla one. Easy to use, almost unlimited range, great damage and status. In itself it's enough for me to justify using the prime over the vanila corinth.

Anyway, going full hyperboles calling it "the biggest downgrade ever" might not be the best way to get the devs to take your feedback seriously.

in moments of disappointment we speak what we really feel .... if it is too polite it will be forgotten.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Robolaser said:

May I introduce you to Boar Prime? It seems to me you like Boar Prime. Can you please go back to your Boar Prime and leave our Corinth alone?

• Like 4

Il y a 3 heures, Iamabearlulz a dit :

May I introduce you to Boar Prime? It seems to me you like Boar Prime. Can you please go back to your Boar Prime and leave our Corinth alone?

Yes, yes, no and no. The corinth is as much "yours" as it is mine or anyone's. This is a feedback thread. If you don't have any feedback to provide, please at least show some basic civility

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robolaser said:

Yes, yes, no and no. The corinth is as much "yours" as it is mine or anyone's. This is a feedback thread. If you don't have any feedback to provide, please at least show some basic civility

You seem to misunderstand. The Corinth Prime doesn't exist, in the same way that the Opticor Vandal doesn't exist. We have Boar Prime Mk II, now with 50% more Penta. That is my feedback. I thought I was quite civil, but I do know myself to come off as aggressive in arguments, especially when I truly care about my side.

• Like 1

I definitely like the way the original Corinth functioned.

Make it like before! But since it has a larger magazine, let each reload animation puts in 4 shots to match the original 1/5 ratio.

Also not a fan of the secondary fire not exploding on its own. I kno it's just an extra button press and you can time how far you want it to go, which sounds nice on paper, but I suck. Maybe it's not too bad just needs getting used to idk?

PLEASE CHANGE RELOAD STYLE!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Iamabearlulz said:

The Corinth Prime doesn't exist, in the same way that the Opticor Vandal doesn't exist.

Again, inverted comparison. Opticor Vandal is actually the better weapon now because in place of raw damage, it gave us increased reload, mag, CC, CD and fire rate. Thats several things for the price of one. While Corinth prime on the other hand after getting rid of its single pellet reload, only gave us increased raw damage of the alt-fire that STILL doesn't do much in endgame content as compared to the regular buckshot fire. (which again has unchanged stats from the vanilla version)

I've also been seeing plenty of folks argue that this gun doesn't NEED any further buffs towards being primed, saying that it would be considered "too much" or "redundant" in the spirit of keeping things balanced.........but is that REALLY a valid notion to have at this point in the game where explosive bows, beam sprayers and rapid-fire rocket launchers already exist with zero drawbacks?

Would a classic pump-action shotgun REALLY be that upsetting to this hierarchy of weapons we have and will continue to have?

Edited by Gashryo
  • Like 2