Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Change Corinth Prime reload

T-Shark69

20 hours ago, Robolaser said:

A 3s reload for 20 shells is totally fine in my opinion.

Yeah maybe if you never use the alt fire you praised so much which takes 4 ammo, and youre left with a 3s reload on an 8 mag weapon.

• Like 1

il y a une heure, T-Shark69 a dit :

Yeah maybe if you never use the alt fire you praised so much which takes 4 ammo,

I use the alt-fire often, and have no issue with the reloading time. Also yes it costs 4 ammo, but the mag is 4x larger, which means you still get to use the alt-fire 5 times per magazine. Also no matter how many times you use the alt-fire per magazine, you will always have as much or more primary shots left in the mag with corinth prime.

il y a une heure, T-Shark69 a dit :

and youre left with a 3s reload on an 8 mag weapon

Even then, it would still have a shorter overall reloading time per shell than the original corinth: 2.3s/5 shells=0.46s per shell, 3s/8 shells=0.37s per shell.

Edited by Robolaser

Counting solely reload time per shot is very short sighted and, frankly, quite stupid. Partly because the longer the reload time is, the harder it is to find a good opportunity for it. Would the weapon be better with a 8.5 second reload with a 60 shot magazine? No. Objectively not, even though the reload time per shot is lower. Warframe is a fast paced game with lots and lots of things that can interrupt a reload, so even a slight increase in reload time means a much higher risk of it being interrupted somehow, or alternatively interrupting your desired actions such as by stopping you from rolling when you would want to. And partly because the Corinth has a unique reload mechanism that allows you to reload only one shell at a time. That made it extremely convenient because you could reload whenever you had even a very small opening. A three second reload is objectively a massive downgrade when you consider that it is very likely to get in the way of something or get interrupted, whereas the original reload mechanism allows you to keep your weapon fully loaded by utilizing any short pause you find.
Also, I want to reiterate that the change in reload mechanism has a large effect on both convenience and uniqueness factor. Corinth fans clearly really liked its reload, so why the hell would it be changed? It takes away a huge part of what made the weapon unique and more importantly, enjoyable to use.

Anyway, I really love this. Corinth was one of my favorite weapons, so I was tempted to get back into the game again despite how utterly, incredibly incompetent DE have been for a long time now. Now that I know that my most liked weapon's prime version is strictly a downgrade in every way that matters, most of all in convenience and fun factor, I can happily continue to avoid the game. Thanks for making the worst possible decisions at practically every possible turn, guys. I mean, it's a shame that you didn't actually improve the game instead, but hey, this is the second best thing.

• Like 7

Mehbah put it well. Corinth reload =/= Corinth P reload, You're really missing the point if you're comparing them solely on reload time per shell.

2 hours ago, Robolaser said:

which means you still get to use the alt-fire 5 times per magazine.

If you really have no issue with a 3s reload time for 5 shots in magazine then I guess I won't waste my time anymore.

• Like 4

il y a une heure, Mehbah a dit :

Counting solely reload time per shot is very short sighted and, frankly, quite stupid.

Disagreeing is ok, being dismissive and insulting is not. Please don't do that again. Now about the rest of your reply: in my opinion, if one can't find a 3s opportunity to reload despite the many crowd control, cover or even plain invulnerability options available, a few tenths of a second won't make a difference, regardless of reloading mechanism. Using a 8.5 second counter-example as you did is fallacious.

il y a 45 minutes, T-Shark69 a dit :

If you really have no issue with a 3s reload time for 5 shots in magazine then I guess I won't waste my time anymore.

It was 8 shots in your previous comment, (instead of the 20 mag cap, but whatever), now it's 5... at least we can agree on something: there's no point spending more of our time in further discussion.

Edited by Robolaser

5 minutes ago, Robolaser said:

It was 8 shots in your previous comment, (instead of the 20 mag cap, but whatever), now it's 5...

I even quoted the context. You're asking people not to fling insults but you're really making it hard on them. 

10 minutes ago, Robolaser said:

at least we can agree on something: there's no point spending more of our time in further discussion.

10 minutes ago, Robolaser said:

Disagreeing is ok, being dismissive and insulting is not.

• Like 3

I think everything would be solved if they made the Corinth Prime a quadloader and you loaded 4 shells into the tube at a time.

I understand that DE didn't do this due to the time crunch of making an intricate reload mechanic like the regular Corinths, but it is something that people really desire.

Other than that, needing to manually trigger the alt-fire detonation on controller was obviously never tested. Or perhaps they have the data that shows that no one uses the Corinth alt-fire anyways and it was another time saving technique.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)Pummelegance said:

I understand that DE didn't do this due to the time crunch of making an intricate reload mechanic like the regular Corinths, but it is something that people really desire.

Were this the first time they were trying to implement this kind of reload, maybe I could understand this excuse. However, they've done this before on multiple weapons. There's no reason why they shouldn't be able to do the same here with zero effort.

im in the opposite corner and actually love the Corinth-prime much better.
The high clip would make single shell loading abysmal without any reload mods on (which my build does not run)

the alt fire is more preferable to me cause the set distance explosion sucked when i play Zephyr as her jet stream augment made it basically impossible to use in most indoor areas (would always hit walls before explosion) let alone having the flight speed mod in Pexilus slot.

I dont begrudge anyone for loving the original cause it is indeed great but im perfectly happy with the prime and would prefer it to NOT change unless it is compensated with good improvements to CC/SC and/or reload speed.

• Like 1

they should give Corinth Prime the old reload and change the alt fire back to it original 

have the alt fire function like the old version but have it use up all the shells it currently has into a single air burst grenade and the damage will depend on how many shells was used in the alt fire

i was actually hyped for this weapon and been suffering from burn out hoping this would make me want to play the game more often but sadly it turns out to be a huge disappointment making me play less...

• Like 4

3 hours ago, AnatharsWrath said:

The high clip would make single shell loading abysmal

For the record:Unlike people seem to assume, I'm not as retarded to ask for per shell reload and still keep the 20 shot mag.
Just so we're clear. Not retarded. Just thought it was implied.

• Like 2

fair enough,

in the event it was changed and mag was kept, im aware i can fire mid reload and resume reload but i'd still find it annoying due to being at risk of running out mid high hp enemy and be stuck in a reload/fire/reload loop if i get swarmed ( of course i can just switch to secondary or melee unless shotgun only sortie but just saying) 

If we go back to single shell reloading, we'd waste the new reload animation they made for it. 

Also, if we do, I'd be ok with 10 shell max. BUT I'd want airburst to go back down to 1 shell cost. At most 2.

Not a fan of the gun self cocking from the top too. The charm of a pump action shotgun is manually doing that with your hands from below IMO.

edit: I looked at it again in Captura. Apparently the pump action by hand is there, Just the top part moves too.

Edited by Teliko_Freedman
correction.

Yes, it needs to be Pump-action like Corinth. Maybe it can have a mag of 10 but load 2 rounds in at a time? That would be a good Prime improvement while keeping the bad ass pump-action reload.

Oh and please improve the textures on Corinth Prime, the gun looks fake.

But just like all of the feedback for Zhuge Prime they will ignore the feedback on Corinth Prime.

• Like 1

I am quite surprised that this weapon is hated, of course there is a lot of reason as above.
My only gripe with this weapon is the alt fire, which u have to self detonate rather than on impact and the explosion for it is rather hard to see(probably just me playing on a potato)
Reload animation was nice, kinda reminds me of Speedloader for shotguns and that pump action at the end is satisfying. Although the reload is 3 sec long, getting a 2.1 sec just by Chilling Reload is fine.

While on the field, Corinth strive better than its prime due to how effective the system of the Corinth, where you can control its magazines despite having a not so far of a margin in stats.
Regardless, I enjoy both, just I'm enjoyed more using the Prime as a Grenade Launcher instead :crylaugh:

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, T-Shark69 said:

> by Chilling Reload is fine.

No thats not fine. If i didnt have to use a mod as a bandaid in the base version I dont want to in the Prime one either.

But it's DE, and there's too much precedent for it. We all remember Vectis Prime. Come to think of it, both of those weapons had issues with losing their identity after a magazine size increase for the prime version.

I will say this again, Corinth Prime is a more of a sidegrade, not a completely new variant that powercreeped the original. If you can’t stand the reload and alt fire, go back to normal corinth and dump the prime through the airlock after you master it. 

• Like 2

I just want to add to this thread so they know people really want the old animation back.

the normal corinth reload animation was so cool, made me feel like a badass. Shooting some shots, quickly reloading 2-3 shells in and shot some more, it was great. 
This new reload animation makes it feel really slow and the animation itself and the sound is boring. Please, please give us some version of the old reload animation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

I will say this again, Corinth Prime is a more of a sidegrade, not a completely new variant that powercreeped the original. If you can’t stand the reload and alt fire, go back to normal corinth and dump the prime through the airlock after you master it. 

I dumped this worthless suggestion in the airlock instead.

2 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

What you are saying here is that Corinth Prime is a weapon for people who didn't like Corinth. That makes 0 sense. Why even name it a Corinth at this point, other than to cash in on the love that people had for it and burn it to the ground?

• Like 5

On 2020-04-03 at 2:53 PM, Robolaser said:

I use the alt-fire often, and have no issue with the reloading time. Also yes it costs 4 ammo, but the mag is 4x larger, which means you still get to use the alt-fire 5 times per magazine. 

Have you used the alt-fire with 4 rounds left in the mag? You can shoot the round, but you can’t remote detonate because you’re forced to automatically reload during that time.

So basically you only have 4 situational instances in which you can remote detonate the explosive alt-fire round instead of 5, which is the purpose of the unique perk given to the Corinth Prime.

On 2020-04-04 at 1:28 AM, AnatharsWrath said:

the alt fire is more preferable to me cause the set distance explosion sucked when i play Zephyr as her jet stream augment made it basically impossible to use in most indoor areas (would always hit walls before explosion) let alone having the flight speed mod in Pexilus slot.

I’m almost feeling begrudgingly difficult to put to words how you can utilize Zephyr’s Jet Stream with Corinth Prime’s alt-fire when the explosive round’s projectile speed is really fast to begin with. Then again, I play a Blind Rage Zephyr with 200+ Power Strength so my articulation with Zephyr and Flight Speed is off the rails.

Not only that, you probably have alt-fire config’d somewhere comfortably to allow for a quick double-tap.

Il y a 4 heures, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 a dit :

Have you used the alt-fire with 4 rounds left in the mag? You can shoot the round, but you can’t remote detonate because you’re forced to automatically reload during that time.

So basically you only have 4 situational instances in which you can remote detonate the explosive alt-fire round instead of 5, which is the purpose of the unique perk given to the Corinth Prime

Yes but it's most likely a bug so i'm not taking that into account in my feedback.

Manual detonation remains available for the duration of the delay before reloading starts, which is at base very close if not equal to the delay before the grenade automatically explodes anyway. However, that bug becomes more glaring and problematic at long ranges when one uses firerate mods, and/or manual reload (which corinth users are used to), as these will shorten the relaod delay significantly.

-----------

I strongly recommand using "Lock and Load" with the corinth prime. That exilus mod will conveniently reload 4 ammo per second when the gun is holstered, which includes using quick melee. It'll give the same functional benefits as the original corinth (planned and interruptible reload), but at a considerably higher rate. That won't bring back the original corinth's reload aesthetics admitedly, but it's also a good way to circumvent the detonation bug for those affected, until it's fixed.

Edited by Robolaser

9 hours ago, Iamabearlulz said:

What you are saying here is that Corinth Prime is a weapon for people who didn't like Corinth. That makes 0 sense. Why even name it a Corinth at this point, other than to cash in on the love that people had for it and burn it to the ground?

I said it’s a sidegrade not a completely new variant that powercreeped the original. You can always go back to normal corinth if you don’t feel comfortable using it. It’s like Opticor Vandal, trading off damage for more CC, status, and fire rate. In Corinth Prime’s chase trading off old reload and fire rate on the alt fire for new reload, more damage on the alt fire, more status chance per pellet and on the alt fire.

• Like 1