Jump to content
Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Bosses Only Dropping 1 Of The Same Blueprint Always? (Not A Bug, Figured The New Drop Rates)


Xan3
 Share

Recommended Posts

I am missing Ember's Systems right? I have killed Sargas Ruk 10 times and he has dropped in all 10 attempts a Ember Helmet blueprint. Which is odd... Unless the drop rate is like 80% now ? In the past he varied now nothing...

 

I am going to test other Bosses to see if I  see the same trend. 

 

This is after the blueprint reward at the end of the mission change. 

Edited by Xan3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

try a bit more. 10 is a meh number where it could just be you're a bit unlucky. Hope you find it soon.

 

Nope. It has to be a bug, killed Hek twice now and two Trinity Helmets only... Going to spice it up with another boss. It has to be a bug, why only drop helmets? Try it yourself :) and thanks for the wishes though :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When was that new loot system supposed to be implemented again? The one which follows what you get and tries to give you stuff you haven't gotten in a long time...

 

Anyways I would say double the kills at the minimum and if all of those are helmet, 10 or 12 times are... well... "meh" as it was previously stated.

I would say, it's more than likely that the helmet is simply the most "common" part of the frame so any time your Random Number Generator throws a "miss" you get that. Since that's how random numbers are, it's easily possible to get the same stuff out of 3 possible drops (or even out of 4 if you count the "no bp" situation) 10 or 12 times.

That's what they wish to fix later but you have to check on the update topics if you want to know the exact data. Not that I don't feel for you or it's right to kill some boss a dozen times and get effectively nothing useful. It would be nice if apart from BPs, the bosses would drop some guaranteed drop, like some consumables so even if you don't get the bp you want it's not a waste of time. As of now the current consumables are pretty damn forgettable though - I mean an ammo box that gives roughly 1 or 2 pickups worth of ammo? Sorry but it's a joke - and I'm talking about the medium one, you get from clan research... and there is so much possibility in that system! Just think about it, every boss would give something like a grenade pack or some stationary auto-turret, invisibility... etc.

 

Anyways while I think it might be simply a problem instead of a bug I agree that 10 or more times getting nothing useful is depressing and would greatly improve gaming experience or the feelings of joy at least, if you would get some little guaranteed reward for killing bosses... and not credits, that would be the same as void - I mean that's kinda the same, as you frequently get something useless (the money reward is top notch though).

____________  _ _  ____________

 

WotV_logo_gold_small.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When was that new loot system supposed to be implemented again? The one which follows what you get and tries to give you stuff you haven't gotten in a long time...

 

Anyways I would say double the kills at the minimum and if all of those are helmet, 10 or 12 times are... well... "meh" as it was previously stated.

I would say, it's more than likely that the helmet is simply the most "common" part of the frame so any time your Random Number Generator throws a "miss" you get that. Since that's how random numbers are, it's easily possible to get the same stuff out of 3 possible drops (or even out of 4 if you count the "no bp" situation) 10 or 12 times.

That's what they wish to fix later but you have to check on the update topics if you want to know the exact data. Not that I don't feel for you or it's right to kill some boss a dozen times and get effectively nothing useful. It would be nice if apart from BPs, the bosses would drop some guaranteed drop, like some consumables so even if you don't get the bp you want it's not a waste of time. As of now the current consumables are pretty damn forgettable though - I mean an ammo box that gives roughly 1 or 2 pickups worth of ammo? Sorry but it's a joke - and I'm talking about the medium one, you get from clan research... and there is so much possibility in that system! Just think about it, every boss would give something like a grenade pack or some stationary auto-turret, invisibility... etc.

 

Anyways while I think it might be simply a problem instead of a bug I agree that 10 or more times getting nothing useful is depressing and would greatly improve gaming experience or the feelings of joy at least, if you would get some little guaranteed reward for killing bosses... and not credits, that would be the same as void - I mean that's kinda the same, as you frequently get something useless (the money reward is top notch though).

____________  _ _  ____________

 

WotV_logo_gold_small.png

 

Thanks for the post. The loot system was now introduced with this update. Bosses won't drop Blueprints, they will be awareded at the end of the mission like Void rewards and Lephantis.

 

Regarding your post, I really have to agree with you. It would at least nice to be given a feeling of progress. I'l be sincere and say I have gotten my past frames  really easy, and usually takes killing the boss 10-20 times. Nekros with this new reward system (when it was introudced in U10 with Lephantis), I got all of his part in 4 tries. In the past there was a chance for no BP but it varied, it was really rare to see 5 helmets in a row.

 

Now... I went and killed Sargas ruk 5 more times in this hour and here are the drops:

 

4x Ember Chassis Blueprints

1x Ember Chassis Blueprint

 

Between those kills, I took the liberty and killed other bosses to test their drops as well:

 

J3-Golem: (Killed him 3 times)

 

2x Volt Chassis Blueprints

1x Volt Helmet Blueprint

 

Counciler Hek: (Killed him 3 times)

 

2x Trinty Helmet Blueprints

1x Trinity Chassis Blueprint.

 

So my trend here is like you guys said before, 10 kills is a "meh". I've grinded before (Got Frost Prime, Mag Prime, Nekros, Nova, Banshee, Rhino, Loki) and I have to say they were easy, probably a few hours to max two days. 

 

At first since they had released the update, 10x Helmet struck me as a "hey seems like a bug" but now I'm seeing the same pattern. I'll keep grinding a little more but if it is how it seems, I'll say that:

 

Helmet now have around 60% Drop Rate

Chassis Have Around 35% Drop Rate

Systems have around 5% Drop Rate (Even as of this moment I haven't recieved a single drop from any of the bosses)

 

So I'm pretty sure it won't be a bug but at least I'll keep checking and see if I get the systems unless someone datamines the drop rates in the Wiki. If I don't then there's a chance it even has a 1.01% Drop rate like Frost Prime Systems in T2 Exterminate (Which I got it there in 6 tries looking for other weapons and I played like 10 T3 Ext and it has a 10% Drop rate here and never got it lol) or in the end, systems are glitched. 

 

Thanks though! And if anyone gets systems and read this post, please let me know. 

Edited by Xan3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, I mananged to kill Ruk 2 more times and I finally got the systems so Apparently the new loot system works and it's not bugged. However it does not give prioirty to parts you are missing.

 

So yeah it seems like Helmets have a 60% Chance, Chasis a 30% and systems a 10%. 

 

Killed Sargas Ruk a total of 17 times in 1 hour to get Ember. Hmm.... :)

 

Sorry if I alerted anyone :). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...