Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Titania Deluxe: Emissive Wings & Rework

Nine

I want to start off by saying Titania Prime is stunning, her wings are wonderful, her floating motion is satisfying, and I am thrilled by my favourite Warframe getting her time to shine (I remember meeting Reb in Boston and sharing in our mutual appreciation for fairies (my name being Fae)). 

However, while I do adore her as always, I would desperately urge you to consider adding a "Prime Toggle" esq. switch to allow her base and Deluxe skins to utilize these beautiful new wings. So long as they are on Titania Prime. The two are too beautiful to be kept apart, and... perhaps consider a gliding dodge animation akin to Wisp?

I appreciate your consideration, and while I'm sure it's been addressed elsewhere, I might suggest adding a small set of ability synergies? Secondary to my original point that is;
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Use Spellbind on an Enemy trapped by Lantern to untether them from the ground.
 Note: This mobilizes the enemy, but they maintain the same distance from the ground.

While in Razorwing Form, draw Untethered Enemies toward Titania slowly, so that she can lure enemies into danger, as a mischievous Fairy should.
 Note: Similar to companions, the target would maintain some distance from Titania unless she deliberately flies into it (melee). Her proximity to the lure's radius of attraction easily outpaced by her boosted speed.

Use Tribute on an Enemy trapped by Lantern to Detonate them, deploying the buff/debuff radially* and momentarily stunning those nearby.

Lastly, three potential augments;

• Spellbind resets enemy alert levels, after a short stun.
  • Lantern Detonation has a knockdown, and a chance to disarm.
  • While in Razorwing form, killing enemies affected by Spellbind has a chance to replenish your razorflies*.

I really appreciate you taking the time to read through this, and thank you so much for working on all this during a really difficult time in the world. You've made my quarantine a lot more tolerable. Stay safe Tenno!

*Titania's buffs would affect her innately, regardless of proximity.
*See Nova's Nullstar Augment: Neutron Star

Additional Concerns:
Razorwing's Emissive wings currently impair vision while aiming, and should be adjusted to offer an un-obscured view when strafing.
(Comment submitted by: (PS4)TheBugThatsSnug)

Also, feedback from zhellon on clarification of abilities.

Edited by Nine
Clarification and additions
  • Like 12

While this is on topic and if you are able to edit this post, her emmisive wings in razorwing absoluetly need to fade away when aiming down sights, it gives me such a headache trying to aim while flying left only for the wings to get in the way. They look really nice, but I would rather they not get in the way of the game when I need to see.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nine said:
Use

Spellbind on an Enemy trapped by Lantern to untether them from the ground.

While in Razorwing Form, draw Untethered Enemies toward Titania slowly, so that she can lure enemies into danger, as a mischievous Fairy should.

This is not a good idea.

Without razorwing: In fact, spellbind activates the mechanics of the old Lantern that annoyed people because it was flying away. In other words, you will have to reject spellbind in normal form. 

In a razorwing: It all depends on the attraction power of Titania. You can adjust the repulsive force of Dex Pixia air targets and the attraction will compensate for the repulsion, which actually solves the problem of difficult killing spellbind enemies. Yes? No. Your allies, specters, and other enemies also exist and can affect captured spellbind and lantern (which is now an ally, which means it will be attacked) enemys, which actually gives a function that will work under very specific conditions.

There will also be a problem that if the force of attraction is large enough, it will look like this:

Spoiler

eMgxhB7.jpg

IG6yukF.jpg

This is the Vauban vertex center. If you do something like this, then Titania should not be the center all the time and it should be useful for both forms.

Hey there, zhellon!

I appreciate your taking the time to contribute, and you helped me realize I was unclear in my explanation, which I will rectify. In my mind I was operating under the assumption untethered enemies would become mobilized rather than released entirely, maintaining perhaps a slightly expanded proximity to the ground.

We have a similar misunderstanding relevant to Titania's allure, she would not be the epicenter of any drawn force, rather there would be a drawing force that slowly drew the untethered enemy in her general direction while she's within a certain proximity. I felt this would be a fun way to reel in her normal 'need for speed' for those who want to play with crowd control. 

Similar to how Companions will keep some space between you unless you deliberately walk up to them, and she could easily boost her speed to reach "escape velocity" with a tap and ditch the target.

I hadn't been clear enough in expressing my vision, and I will try to adjust that accordingly. Thank you for your input!

Update: I have also added another component to the proposed kit enhancement in regard to Razorflies.
 (Going to put it under Augments for the sake of consistency)

Edited by Nine
Addition

13 hours ago, Nine said:

However, while I do adore her as always, I would desperately urge you to consider adding a "Prime Toggle" esq. switch to allow her base and Deluxe skins to utilize these beautiful new wings. So long as they are on Titania Prime. The two are too beautiful to be kept apart, and... perhaps consider a gliding dodge animation akin to Wisp?

Big big big yes on this one, I love the deluxe skin on Titania and it was a bit sad seeing that there were no wings on it after getting Prime. Additionally, I would love to see a new dodge animation to her. 

8 hours ago, Nine said:

Hey there, zhellon!

I appreciate your taking the time to contribute, and you helped me realize I was unclear in my explanation, which I will rectify. In my mind I was operating under the assumption untethered enemies would become mobilized rather than released entirely, maintaining perhaps a slightly expanded proximity to the ground.

We have a similar misunderstanding relevant to Titania's allure, she would not be the epicenter of any drawn force, rather there would be a drawing force that slowly drew the untethered enemy in her general direction while she's within a certain proximity. I felt this would be a fun way to reel in her normal 'need for speed' for those who want to play with crowd control.

Similar to how Companions will keep some space between you unless you deliberately walk up to them, and she could easily boost her speed to reach "escape velocity" with a tap and ditch the target.

I hadn't been clear enough in expressing my vision, and I will try to adjust that accordingly. Thank you for your input!

Update: I have also added another component to the proposed kit enhancement in regard to Razorflies.
(Going to put it under Augments for the sake of consistency)

That's better. But I would prefer the Lantern to be the center of attraction that holds flying enemies like vertex, while razorfly would get the ability to drag the Lantern behind Titania or flying enemies to the Lantern. I just feel like her set has so much, but is almost always a big loss of potential.

But I would prefer that there was a rework to free up a slot for the razorfly control system, because it's very important to point them to targets that should have priorities to attract.

Edited by zhellon

17 hours ago, Nine said:

However, while I do adore her as always, I would desperately urge you to consider adding a "Prime Toggle" esq. switch to allow her base and Deluxe skins to utilize these beautiful new wings.

That is how it works with Tennogen skins, but delux skins are usually something else.

I think Titania's delux skin's entire concept has some issues with Titania Prime...

The delux skin's concept is that when not in Razorwing the wings become the tails on a long coat, which is really cool. However, with Prime's new walking anim that means that neither her legs nor her wings move as she walks around, which feels janky.

It's a pity, as I loved the skin on base Titania.

I totally agree that you should be able to turn the energy wings on, or just maybe always have them on if the frame is prime, regardless of skin.

But I think we probably need additional options for the new walk anim, I love the feature, but would like to turn it off with her delux skin (and only with that skin).

I really wish they would convert her archwing to a syandana like khoras spikes, giving you a choice on rather you want to display them. Especially since she...you know, has... wings... in her prime version...

Especially since they have so many "wing" syandanas anyway. I also find it frustrating because it makes her body take up to much screen space which is distracting... So making it optional would help a lot.

• Like 1

But that's an interesting idea, actually. Some might say the same of Trinity's skirt/back thingies. However, I might suggest that instead of a syandana, these be recategorized (Khora's included) as Auxiliaries. Such as Valkyr, or Nekros.

Thank you so much for your input!
ps. You are three two(!) votes from having 1,234 rating and that pains me.

Edited by Nine

Some good suggestions you have for my main too. Some things that have remained untouched for three years:

• Tribute Auras not getting affected by mods. Aside from how the auras nearly don't function whatsoever, Octavia's Metronome makes it a joke and an apology for how bad Titania was at launch in August 2016.
  • Casting Animations: I'm baffled over how DE accepts the sluggish casting speed, which contradicts Titania's nimble nature. Sure they may have made it upper-body animation meaning it no longer halts movement, but it's too slow.

I have doubts DE will give Titania more changes considering how some things were left like this for three years. 

Hey Duality(52), thanks for your input! Your point about her nimble nature is actually pretty meaningful, but I might call it "lithe", I imagine her casting with a flick of the wrist or a snap. There's a lot of subtle characterization that could be included here, shy of blowing sparkles off her palm.

I do like the idea of mysticism as well though, almost druidic. Making a circle above her head with her hands before spinning up through the ring to transform, and in razorwing perhaps reaching out a hand when in motion to gracefully trace the buff symbol she wants in the air as a "rune" etc. Lots to think about here. 

Also, about your concern, I recognize the apprehension about it, but with her prime just released, there's probubbly no better time to try!