Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Banshee- Your desired reworks/tweaks/changes

(XBOX)AMONGTHEWEAK

This thread is designed for all things Banshee related in Warframe.

Whether you have a desire for a complete rework, a few small tweak/changes to abilities or stats, or visual changes to Banshee Prime and Banshee, post them here! Or if you would just like to share with the community why you like Banshee as is and how you like to play Banshee. Share that too!

I will attach the links to other threads (as they are made) relating to other Warframes. I will also attach the Wiki links to each Warframe. Remember to keep this civil and constructive,  don’t just post up that a particular Warframe is trash or that they are terrible without giving reasons as to why they are to you and how you would fix them, and please keep on topic about the particular Warframe that the thread is about.

Banshee WIki

Banshee Wiki

To see the glossary of the "-Your desired reworks/tweaks/changes" threads, click down below. You can also post a list on there of the frames you think need to see some changes

CLICK HERE!

Edited by (XB1)AMONGTHEWEAK

Given that her first 3 skills are all pretty great, there's not much that needs changing about them, I would prefer to see small-ish changes to them. Unless stated otherwise, all changes are additive and powers retain their current, on-live abilities.

Passive: Silences all weapons

• No changes

1. Sonic Boom

• Becomes an off-hand cast that no longer interrupts reload

2. Sonar

• Becomes an upper-body cast that allows one to retain mobility but interrupts reloads and prevents shooting while animating
  • Would like to see some utility for this skill in Eidolon/Profit Taker-esque missions/bossfights.

3. Silence

• Becomes an upper-body cast that allows one to retain mobility but interrupts reloads and prevents shooting while animating
  • Causes enemy homing projectiles to lose track on targets under its umbrella
  • Enemies within the Silence bubble have reduced accuracy
  • Allies within the Silence bubble have their weapons silenced and retain that effect after exiting the bubble for the duration of Silence

4. Soundquake

• I am unsure exactly what I want to happen to this skill, but it should continue to trade the speed, immediacy, and limited sustained CC of the rest of her kit for a strong local CC and denial ability. Thematically the skill already fits well within her kit, it's a tool you don't use often in its base form because we rarely have reason to CC an area for an extended period of time. Further, it's simply leaves Banshee far too vulnerable for the return on time spent in it. If she does get a damage resistance skill, it should be connected to this skill, trading the offensive capabilities of the rest of her kit for a sustained defensive skill.
Edited by TheGrimCorsair
  • Like 2

Needz new shoes 😛. More seriously, though...

Banshee is interesting in that for co-op her Abilities seem most useful in defensive-type missions as somewhat of a support, but in solo I find her better-suited for aggressive jobs like Sabotage and Exterminate. Solo blitzkrieg mass-murder Banshee being my preference.

I like Banshee because she requires some skill from the player. Sonar can greatly buff your damage... but only if you hit the weak points it makes. Silence will render the enemies helpless... but only very briefly, so you can't just wander around killing them at leisure. And she's squishy AF, so there's a real pressure to hit those weak spots and do it quick, 'cos you're toast if the enemies recover! This is great.

To some players I'm sure this makes her "worse" than 'frames whose Abilities effectively negate whole aspects of the game. But I think it's important for 'frames to exist which offer a more demanding experience. For sure her damage buff could be less conditional, her CC longer-lasting, and she could be given an Ability which makes her much more survivable... but then she'd be Rhino. And we don't need another Rhino. (Or some might say another another Rhino. 😆)

Banshee does not need a rework, but could benefit from some tweaks.

One change I would welcome would be for Sound Quake to propagate the same way Nova's Molecular Prime does (i.e. its radius increases with Duration, not Range). Reason being, Silence best does its job of keeping Banshee safe when Range is kept low and Duration high (to obviate frequent re-casting), but this limits the utility of Sound Quake as a wide-area CC. Such a change would plug the one real hole I find in Banshee's kit for solo play; how to deal with enemies spread out over a large tile. I can't find an elegant solution for that; to get Resonating Quake to cover a large tile, Range needs to be boosted... but that makes Silence take effect way to soon and wear off before it can be useful. I think it would also help Sound Quake's contribution to co-op squads.

Also, Banshee's pretty bad against Sentients, which now matters a lot more than it used to. Only Silence will CC them -- but not the damn Aerolyst!

Sound Quake cannot CC Sentients at all, and Sonic Boom sends them flying away into the distance, which can be counterproductive. This is presumably because Sentients can't be knocked down, but it really hurts Banshee's viablity against them at Veil proxima levels, let alone what we're seeing in Scarlet Spear 🙁.

I broadly support the QoL changes suggested by TheGrimCorsair above, except:

8 hours ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

Enemies within the Silence bubble have reduced accuracy

I don't like accuracy debuffs much anyway, but more importantly... how I view Banshee's kit is she gives the player the tools needed to get the enemies dead without giving them the opportunity to shoot at her in the first place. The onus is on the player to fulfil that potential. That's something I don't claim to be exceptionally gud at (and I'm still slotting Health Conversion to bail me out when I goof), but I can say for sure that I got a whole lot gudder pretty quickly. I went from getting my Banshee bugsplatted mutiple times in lvl.50-60 missions, to murderizing everything in Kuva Floods without have to spend a single revive.

So I don't support Banshee getting any kind of damage reduction or accuracy debuffs or any of that. Banshee made me improve as a player because she's so unforgiving of errors. Lotsa 'frames I can play sloppy and get away with it (hek, Wukong's passive even rewards me with a buff if I play stoopidly enough!) but Banshee won't let me off so easy. I wouldn't say we need more 'frames like that, but I do say we should keep the ones we have.

(I normally try to be more succinct, but I couldn't prune this this one down much and still feel happy that it'd properly convey my perspective. Thanks for reading.)

• Like 1

Banshee is often been underrated at least from what I have drawn, she can require capable hands to be very effective in the midst of being a squishy frame. But she has a very good potential damage output and CC along with being able to prevent enemies from using their abilities through silence and the stagger through her quake ability. 

Passive- Leave as is

1- Make it off hand cast

2- Leave as is

3- Make it recast-able, or if she is hit by an enemy during the duration, the ability is automatically recast back out without the player having to cast it, and refreshing the duration at X percentage

4- Leave as is

So, i promised to share my ideas and here they are (WiP)

Passive - Is ok as is

Sonic Boom - Make it onehanded. Holdcast to make it cost 50 energy, but pushback all enemies in a 360 degree area (makes it similar to her current augmented Soundquake).

Sonar - Make it onehanded. Good amplifying debuff.

Silence Ghost Shroud - Creates a form of "bubble", stuck on Banshee. 75 energycost. A list of its effects and whatnot:

• Effects: Enemies who are outside the bubble can't hear nor see what goes on inside the bubble (pseudo-stealth). Enemies who enter the bubble are stunned, but can only be stunned once per ability cast.
  • Interaction: The size of the bubble is affected by Banshee's movements. Crouching or sliding shrinks the bubble very quickly down to its minimal size. Sprinting increases the size of the bubble very quickly to its maximum size (this max size can be modded by Ability Range mods too).
  • Castability: Can be turned off prematurely if recasted.
  • Modding: Range = Max bubble size. Duration = Bubble duration. Strength = N/A (at least for now)
  • Augment: Ghost's Touch = Enemies stunned by Ghost Shroud are opened to finishers, and Finisher damage is increased by 300% while Ghost Shroud is active (so, exactly the same as now, just renamed and clarified)

Soundquake Wailing Voice - Costs 100 energy, buffing Banshee with a mysterious sound-power for X duration. A list of its effects and whatnot:

• Effects: When Banshee is buffed by this ability, all attacks she land on enemies will cause damaging AoE-pulses to eminate from the attacked enemies, after a very brief delay. This damage is based on your damage dealt (!), and counts overkill damage (!). Note that this pulse-damage will not cascade into more pulse-damage (as that'd make infinite damage), and AoE weapons only cause this pulse-damage from max one enemy per projectile (Otherwise AoE-weapons would be ridiculously powerful). Also note; The pulsations will still appear even if the enemy has been killed.
  • Interaction: Nothing special, but focusing a heavy-health target means you'll easily kill nearby smallfry too.
  • Castability: Can be turned off prematurely if recasted.
  • Modding: Range = Enemy damage-splash size. Duration = Buff duration. Strength = Damage-splash effect
  • Augment: Wails of the Dead = Enemies killed by Banshee while Wailing Voice is active continue to pulsate X% of their damage taken from Banshee, for Y seconds after their deaths (WiP)

Synergies (all non-forced ones, btw):

* Sonic Boom and Ghost Shroud are your main surviability tools. Ghost Shroud keeps you generally quite well protected, but Sonic Boom makes sure enemies stay out of your pseudo-invisibility-bubble.

* Wailing Voice combines her already known targetted nuking power from Sonar and turns that into potent AoE damage, both of them related to weapon-damage (meaning they synergize tremendously). Add Sonic Boom's augment to strip all armor and well, she ought to be insanely destructive...

* Sonic Boom's knockback and/or Ghost Shroud's stun-bubble combined with Wailing Voice's AoE power, by potentially being able to group up enemies somewhat close to one another.

* Similarly to above; attacking/killing an enemy while buffed by Wailing Voice, then pushing them away with Sonic Boom onto another group, can make the delayed damage-pulsations affect the group.

* Ghost Shroud promotes stealthy play, and both Sonar and Wailing Voice deal no harm to enemies when cast (Wailing Voice only deals damage once you start attacking), meaning you can do some stealthy preparations with little risk.

* Sonar marks enemies on the minimap, which can allow you to scout ahead where you can sprint safely without risk of exposing you with Ghost Shroud's expanded size.

Edited by Azamagon
  • Like 1

I only want to change her 4. 

Idea 1: Sonic Shield- A chanelled passive ability like nekros desecrate. When tturned on, she produces high frequency sound waves that shatter enemy projectiles fired toward her. The ability consumes extra energy each for projectile destroyed; like with nyx's assimilate but its per attack instance than damage amount.

Idea 2 : Sonic thrusters- Banshee turns on small powerful thrusters fitted on the frame that give her instanenous reflexes. She dodges bullets and melee attacks just as easily.

The ability has a meter and too many attacks will cause her to overheat and reduce dodging efficiency. 

Both abilities improve her main weakness i.e. survivability while not making her into chroma or inaros facetank.

• Like 1