Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma- Your desired reworks/tweaks/changes

(XBOX)AMONGTHEWEAK

This thread is designed for all things Chroma related in Warframe.

Whether you have a desire for a complete rework, a few small tweak/changes to abilities or stats, or visual changes to Chroma Prime and Chroma, post them here! Or if you would just like to share with the community why you like Chroma as is and how you like to play Chroma. Share that too!

I will attach the links to other threads (as they are made) relating to other Warframes. I will also attach the Wiki links to each Warframe. Remember to keep this civil and constructive,  don’t just post up that a particular Warframe is trash or that they are terrible without giving reasons as to why they are to you and how you would fix them, and please keep on topic about the particular Warframe that the thread is about.

Chroma WIki

Chroma Wiki

To see the glossary of the "-Your desired reworks/tweaks/changes" threads, click down below. You can also post a list on there of the frames you think need to see some changes

CLICK HERE!

Threads started by fellow players for Chroma (Posting threads by Player Name, click on name to go to thread)

PanMatter

Endrian

HolyCrusader737

Shadew.exe

XG1anBl4derX

Edited by (XB1)AMONGTHEWEAK
  • Like 4

Chroma new passive: 

- Passive: Dragon Aspect - Everytime Chroma will get affected by status procs, he nullifies them and receives an armor debuff of 15% for 5s. Chroma also halves damage received, and the reduced damage goes back to enemies.

> You can now rotate between his elements mid-game.

Edited by (XB1)XG1anBl4derX
  • Like 1

-passive: for every ability active, chroma gain 10hp/s. Or energy/second, or things.

1.elemental ward: become 1st ability, use selection wheel like ivara, hold to cast. Recastable but in exchange, fire only increase max hp. 

2.spectral scream: a mini effigy roar that stun enemies and knockback enemies around you while also debuffing them with the element you're in.

3. Vex armor: idk

4.effigy: drain health instead of energy. Casting spectral scream also make effigy cast it too. Always gain vex armor buffs wherever chroma is.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, (XB1)XG1anBl4derX said:

They moved it to fan concepts, I think it's because it was simply too complex and had too many details. 

It's like it transcended the mortal condition of a mere feedback.

I remembered his rework sparked a lot of attention to the point his concept being spammed in DevStream twitch chat. Too bad 2018 DE doesn’t listen to feedback that much.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Ahoy, I have some ideas for improving Chroma.

1.) Spectral scream - It is weak, annoying to use. Instead of channeling, chroma could exhale a relatively quick blast of elemental energy dealing an initial burst of damage, and then leave an area of elemental energy on the ground which would continue inflicting elemental status on enemies. Then, perhaps you could hold down the ability button to breath deeper and exhale a MUCH stronger blast, consuming fury as below (see scorn and fury).

2.)  Elemental ward - Merge it's effects either with the vex armor buff, or with the Effigy, and add a new ability. Maintaining two static durational buffs is a waste of ability slots. This would make space for a new ability which could do anything, really, as long as it is fun and useful.

3.) Vex Armor - Scorn and Fury -  It would be better if taking ANY damage would increase both scorn AND fury (instead of shield/health damage affecting one or the other.) There are plenty of good reasons for this, such as shield gating making it harder to take direct damage to your health pool, and this would just make playing chroma a more enjoyable experience. Additionally, an elemental meter could be added to show how much scorn and especially fury that you have. Then, the more fury you have in your meter, the more damage spectral scream's aoe elemental blast would do when you unleash it, and the more damage that effigy would deal. Casting spectral scream would then consume a portion of your fury meter (but not scorn), which you would build up again by taking more damage. The scorn buff would just stack up like usual with the vex armor buff. 

Also the armor you gain from scorn seems a little lackluster and I think it could use a buff. The weapon damage from fury seems fine IMO. (though being additive with weapon damage mods makes for the case of people wanting to change their weapon builds to compensate for it (removal of +weapon damage mods) which seems a little stupid.

4.) Effigy - It should follow you around like a specter, so you can maintain mobility without recasting it constantly. The armor reduction should be removed because it disincentivizes people from using it by becoming "squishier" which is the opposite of  synergy. Effigy being a channeling ability is fine. Perhaps it's roar could taunt enemies to attack it, adding any damage it takes into scorn and fury. Perhaps the effigy could have a two second period after casting (like iron skin) where it becomes healthier from the damage it recieves, or perhaps it should be indestructible.

5.) Element Type - Chroma should be able to change his elemental type in mission, on the fly. Since he would be gaining a new ability in the place of Elemental Ward, perhaps it should have a toggle (like ivara's quiver) to swap your elemental type. Then, holding down the ability button would do the new ability's main function. Or perhaps Spectral scream would have the element toggle and hold the button to consume fury for an elemental blast.  Any currently active abilities would (probably but not necessarily) need to be recast to apply the new elemental type.

The changes above would make Chroma's current abilities more useful, more fun, and more synergistic while making him more engaging to play by building up and unleashing your dragon powers, and without losing anything that he currently has.

I don't really have an idea for a new ability but the sky is the limit. Perhaps an elemental wing buffet or something could be interesting.

• Like 2

Right now I'd take his 2 and 3 and combine them.

I'd move his Effigy to 3.

His fourth I would have effigy pelt become a summoned Kubrow/dragon like companion that acts as a crit/damage buff. If an actual Kubro companion is present then the pelt will act as an armored skin for that companion causing the enemy to aggro it transferring all taken damage so he can utilize his own self damage output. 

and with his 1 I'd change his fire breath to a straight up over powered Opticor laser so everyone can scream GODZILLLAAA every time they use it.

I want chroma to:

>switch between elements in combat using his first ability

>combine elemental ward and vex armor together

>give him new abilities: mainly a new 3 

AOE damage ability that changes damage types, animation is different each time

Miasma

Discharge

Inferno

Avalanche 

>effigy to be duration based and follow chroma around like a sentinel 

• Like 2

I like the idea of Effigy following you around like your sentinels do. 

I would also like to see an Effigy Augment that lets Chroma become the Effigy and makes him basically like Titania's Razerwing. Instead of Dex weapons, as Effigy Chroma the fire button would be the breath attack releasing it's knock-back attack when emptying the "magazine", similar to how Basmu functions. And it's melee attack would just be a Claw attack. Damage on these attacks could go off of Power Strength and maybe even Power Range. I think this would make a good "fun" augment as something like this shouldn't be part of Chroma's regular kit.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Maj-Cero said:

I like the idea of Effigy following you around like your sentinels do. 

I would also like to see an Effigy Augment that lets Chroma become the Effigy and makes him basically like Titania's Razerwing. Instead of Dex weapons, as Effigy Chroma the fire button would be the breath attack releasing it's knock-back attack when emptying the "magazine", similar to how Basmu functions. And it's melee attack would just be a Claw attack. Damage on these attacks could go off of Power Strength and maybe even Power Range. I think this would make a good "fun" augment as something like this shouldn't be part of Chroma's regular kit.

I have similar idea in my rework

• Like 1

I think there's a lot of good that could be done for Chroma with some relatively small tweaks -

1. Spectral Scream: Increase the base range of the effect to 15-18 meters.
  2. Afterburn augment: No damage cap outside Conclave, like Pyroclastic Flow.
  3. Elemental Ward: Toxin Ward damage ticks stack with other sources of Toxin status (but not itself) and heals allies for the damage it deals.
    • ... because holstering is gone and Toxin Ward needs a new effect.
  4. Vex Armor: Grants Chroma himself (and only Chroma!) status resistance while active.
  5. Effigy: Acts as a beacon for all of his skills, buffing allies in range of it with Elemental Ward/Vex Armor (even building Vex Armor, but not stacking the buff on allies) and copying his Spectral Scream when used.
    • Worth noting that Effigy literally says it "strengthens nearby allies" despite doing no such thing.
  6. New passive: When Effigy is inactive, Chroma can deploy his wings while airborne. When Effigy is active, Chroma instead has more powerful leaps.

Of course that's also a very conservative rework.

If I were to go for a full-on rework, I'd start with everything above, except tweak Effigy so that Spectral Scream is completely replaced while it's active, rather than just being cloned. For example -

While Effigy is active, Spectral Scream transforms into Spectral Spear, a gunspear unique to Chroma. Primary fire shoots elemental blasts that attract fire from his Effigy, while Secondary fire launches Chroma himself at the destination.

Largely because, frankly, Effigy doesn't really feel very... ultimate. But also, it makes less sense for Chroma to continue to have a dragon attack when he casts off his dragon nature. If the Effigy itself is a trophy from some defeated enemy, he should have some tool to show how he got it -- and since Effigy already has a very high cost to keep up, adding the cost of a simultaneous "second ultimate" (which I hesitate to give credence to, since Hildryn has an Exalted first attack too) can't be kept up for long.

Edited by Archwizard