Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let's design the most fun game mode

Been thinking of this topic for a while

I'd like your feedback as well as ideas of what you think contributes to a fun and interactive game mode that has emphasis on team work including team composition, optimisation and playing well in order to speed up the progression.

First of all I think it's important for such a game mode to have phases so you're not stuck doing the exact same thing on repeat. Having the next objective in mind keeps you staying engaged. Having multiple purposes throughout the mission can potentially shift your frames advantages.

Yes I realize this resembles the old Trials and or Bounties. It's not a coincidence. I want to condensed it and speed it up though.

So my idea is this:

An advancing objective that goes through 3 mission types in one arena/map - no loading screen or long travel between stages.

1. Hybrid between Excavation, Disruption and Interception

2. Puzzle

3. Boss

Let's talk about the 3 stages in detail.

1. Think of this as Interception 2.0 or Salvage.

So 4 towers. Control all of them in order to have maximum data transfer efficiency. All needing power cells to be charged and controlled. Can be lost to the enemy and regained by the tenno.

Managing your own tower requires you both to dominate it and locate the right enemy around the map and kill it to gain power cells leaving you open to losing the tower.

The manner in which the enemy gains back the tower is tricky. But I think the emphasis on protecting it like with excavation is wrong. I think simply playing for transmission efficiency is enough..

2. Puzzle. This is a tricky one. Maybe some of the veteran trial runners can pitch in here. What were the good aspects of those puzzles? What makes it engaging and unpredictable?

Im thinking aspects of pattern recognition, spy missions and push plates (2 people stand on plates to open door, another set of 2 plates inside the door)  

3. The Boss

Im personally a big fan of the eidolons so cannot help wishing for the final boss to be an eidolon type fight were you use your operator to deal damage to its shields before warframe abilities and weapons can hurt it.

Having a lure like mechanic in place as well requiring team effort to setup properly before the fight begins.

Im not saying the eidolon boss or the lures is the anwer. But something along those lines that requires team effort once again and can be played well. 

Incentive:

To me endgame should not be a mean to farming but moreso a place to put your gear and performance to the test, and so something as simple as a trophy or an evolving emblem cosmetic as well as a scoreboard should be enough bragging rights for people to want to play it. If you disagree I'd like to hear your thoughts on that as well.

Thank you for reading