Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we remove Ironclad Flight?

I'm honestly wondering why this exists at all in the first place. Why on EARTH would anyone want vaccum removed from a CHANNELED ability? Of all the augments we could have gotten for her especially with her new prime this is what she gets? A mod that quite literally hinders her own ability?

• Like 11

I think someone wants it because of Titania sucking up things like energy orbs or life support cappsules when they aren’t needed/would be used less efficiently. Although the question is exactly how necessary is it to micro manage your pickups that badly? Personally I think it’s pretty silly and at least should have been a secondary augment shipped along side a real one.

Edited by (PS4)sister-hawk
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, (PS4)sister-hawk said:

I think someone wants it because of Titania sucking up things like energy orbs or life support cappsules when they aren’t needed/would be used less efficiently. Although the question is exactly how necessary is it to micro manage your pickups that badly? Personally I think it’s pretty silly and at least should have been a secondary augment shipped along side a real one.

The question is "Is it really necessary to put a vacuum on that frame"?  I am having a flash back about old meme someone posted...

Spoiler

pvs6qgf.jpg?1

1st off the sentinel chooser become a big issues during that time and now all sentinel has vacuum but now she have sucking up stuff for why thou when you got companions to do that even the MOA can do it and they fall like pets (kubrow and kavat).  It just feel like we are going hit the loop bubble again when players are going try solo Titania again to actually going boast that "Titania is the best because she can vacuum and I can actually able to do it for real solo". I can hear their annoying boast now how intoxication they just got.  I hope the person who made it isn't really joking around and hopefully rethink it or other wise it is going be the next meme and the force of conflict all over again.

Believe it or not not everyone likes using vacuum. And "not everyone" includes more than one person.

For those who use Aviator but hate her passive vacuum they can use the augment, for those who use Aviator and do like her vacuum you can stick with Aviator.

And besides would it have mattered if she got one like Nezha or Zephyr? +15% ability strength isn't worth losing improved bullet jumping or health regen after casting an ability. Especially considering Power Drift already exists.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, (PS4)sister-hawk said:

it isnt necessary at all. 1 hr of kuva survival and i am still in razorwing. but whatever if they want to search for blue orbs and life support while i am pam poraming pew pewing kabooming everything they can go right ahead.

• Like 3

I understand it in Zephyr's case since her passive was a detriment to gameplay but to make it an augment is step too far, a simple toggle would of sufficed. I don't see how its a problem for Titania since she can actually fly (unlike zephyr) and avoid pickups.

• Like 3

Still really wish they had updated the game to respect your Sentinel loadout instead of saddling Titania with a mod that only makes sense IF you where already working Aviator into your build. But hey I literally don't have to use it because it's easy enough to manage your energy without it. 

1 hour ago, Raqiya said:

I understand it in Zephyr's case since her passive was a detriment to gameplay but to make it an augment is step too far, a simple toggle would of sufficed. I don't see how its a problem for Titania since she can actually fly (unlike zephyr) and avoid pickups.

Kind of Ironic because of that new(ish) sentinel mod that I have on my Helios that essentially gives Zephyrs passive to all my frames whenever I equip said Helios. 

Really good for that sly Ivara Nerf/fix/whatever that prevents her from bullet jumping strait up from a stationary position while stealthed without decloaking. It essentially gets you everywhere you need to go without having to decloak. 

Edited by Oreades

6 hours ago, (PS4)sister-hawk said:

People sometimes claim vacuum messes up their ability to manage their drops and decide when to pick up an ammo box or an energy orb because they don’t want to waste 6 points of energy or 5 rounds of ammo or some such nonsense.

I have never, and will never, believe any player making that argument. Warframe doesn’t work at that pace and we all know it. 

• Like 4

No we cant, we can quite easily not use something if its not what we personally want from a Mod. I know i was certainly capable of picking stuff off the ground while in fairy form before the change but im not sure i would mod to go back to that.

From what I understand, they wanted to give players an upgrade option to disable Razorwing's vacuum, mostly so as not to "waste" Energy pickups. (Titania missing 15 Energy, picks up an orb for 25 Energy, 10 of that is wasted, rather wait until missing at least 25.) But then we wouldn't want to sacrifice a whole Mod slot for this, so the ability was stacked onto a Mod we'd probably be using anyway, Aviator. (And then Aviator doesn't stack with this because that would make a non-vac Razorwing "mandatory".)

3 hours ago, (PS4)caoshen0625 said:

I don't think it's an augment mod. DE calls those Disable mods. So I believe we will get an aug for Titania 4 in the future.

Spoiler

latest?cb=20180126014255

Simple, Because Certain content creator finally was listened to, and was right.
Titania is a good frame, and the forced Vacuum made it really hard to use her in certain content:
Index being probably the worst of the set, as it FORCED you into picking up the shards, regardless of your consent. 
Another was fact as stated, It made her energy channel a lot less efficient with energy pickups, double that for Arcane Energize. 

Keep the mod in, Its great, and it fills out a slot just fine as 40% damage mitigation, that any sane person would use anyway, as its just a clone of another mod, but better in some scenarios.unknown.png

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ChaoticEdge said:

The question is "Is it really necessary to put a vacuum on that frame"?  I am having a flash back about old meme someone posted...

Reveal hidden contents

pvs6qgf.jpg?1

Yes it is necessary for Titania because she gets zero benefit from her companion. That is why the mod is there aswell, so she can turn it off like others can by not equipping vaccuum on their companion.

And since you have no use for ammo on Titania and her e/sec is low in Razorwing, opting out of vaccuum can be a very beneficial thing. And with the way Energize works now it is even more beneficial on her, since she wont waste CDs, that is if you use energize on her instead of 2x dps pistol arcanes.

On 2020-04-02 at 3:22 AM, (PS4)ChaosTheNerd said:

Why on EARTH would anyone want vaccum removed from a CHANNELED ability?

My guess is on survivals you need only a certain amount of life support at any given time but vacuum sucks it all up no matter if you want it or not.
In short - to be able to decide what you want to pick up and when, because with a maxed up build energy is never a problem.

Edited by vegetosayajin