Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we remove Ironclad Flight?

3 minutes ago, vegetosayajin said:

My guess is on survivals you need only a certain amount of life support at any given time but vacuum sucks it all up no matter if you want it or not.
In short - to be able to decide what you want to pick up and when, because with a maxed up build energy is never a problem.

That's still pretty dumb, we get a lot of capsules already, heck if someone is having trouble with that just use life support

I say we leave it in because clearly someone out there likes it and the benefit of that mod can be added without the detriment of losing vacuum. In fact, I hope all Warframes get an augment like that and a slot we can put it in that's dedicated. Sure, make me grind out another 30 ranks for it, I don't care really. Let's not let the originator (who apparently is a horrible person) tarnish the fact that removing passives can actually be a good thing in this game. Because truth be told, most passives are just plain bad.

And while we're on that topic, how about mods that allow you to SWAP passives entirely? Now there's some interesting food for thought!

13 hours ago, Raqiya said:

I understand it in Zephyr's case since her passive was a detriment to gameplay but to make it an augment is step too far, a simple toggle would of sufficed. I don't see how its a problem for Titania since she can actually fly (unlike zephyr) and avoid pickups.

Its only a detriment to gameplay if you dont even attempt to adjust to the frames traits. Its like saying that Gauss's speed burst is a detriment to gameplay because you can overshoot something you need to interact with by not paying attention when you use it.

As for being a problem with titania it would be hard to stay out of vaccum range for an orb in a corridor, not that I think the mod is any good but thats just what came to mind. A vast majority of warframe is still corridor shooting after all but I think the issue in question was massively overblown.

DE seems to have some sort of problem with the idea of some mechanic specific toggles, auto parrying for example or hold to heavy melee. Might be something back end related that they dont wanna deal with or they just dont wanna set a precedent for adding toggles for specific warframes, abilities or mechanics outside of general ones like the sniper scope toggle. As soon as they do it for one they'd be flooded by a million complaints about wanting X toggle for X thing. As much as I personally want a toggle that stops Volt from boosting my speed I can see how putting something like that in could lead to an untenable situation down the line in regards to bugs.

• Like 1

You guys need to certainly learn to play before making ignorant claims. What a strange community. If you don't understand the existence of a mod it isn't necesserily because that mod is useless. It is not because a partner YTuber makes a claim about a balance aspect of the game that he is right. Use your brain, maybe challenge yourself a bit more.

For that mod in particular Titania brings stable ttk on synovas without ruining the unairu wisps she is supposed to spawn for the rest of the team. She is now a definitely viable mid skill frame as she doesn't need aiming nor volt shield to kill synovas in 1second(still no "frame perfect" efficiency but competitve enough for 4x3 and mb even 5x3). I  invested on this frame because of that augment existence for instance, and if it is like that for me it is the same for dozen of other players who must facepalm hard while reading this nonsense thread.

About the "people want to save energy orbs or certain items in missions" idea, I don't get it either, but beeing offered a choice(vac or not) is not something bad inherently :). There is a growing amount of players who do not care at all about mission loots.

Edited by Galuf
  • Like 4

33 minutes ago, LordPantaloonsthe3rd said:

Its only a detriment to gameplay if you dont even attempt to adjust to the frames traits. Its like saying that Gauss's speed burst is a detriment to gameplay because you can overshoot something you need to interact with by not paying attention when you use it.

I understand what you're saying but [DE] themselves set low gravity as a possible negative modifier for nightmare missions, so you can say that [DE] considers it a detriment to game play.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Yes it is necessary for Titania because she gets zero benefit from her companion. That is why the mod is there aswell, so she can turn it off like others can by not equipping vaccuum on their companion.

And since you have no use for ammo on Titania and her e/sec is low in Razorwing, opting out of vaccuum can be a very beneficial thing. And with the way Energize works now it is even more beneficial on her, since she wont waste CDs, that is if you use energize on her instead of 2x dps pistol arcanes.

Still I prefer companions over then her for it isn't like everyone is going run whole squad of Titania or either the primed version.

3 hours ago, Galuf said:

You guys need to certainly learn to play before making ignorant claims. What a strange community. If you don't understand the existence of a mod it isn't necesserily because that mod is useless. It is not because a partner YTuber makes a claim about a balance aspect of the game that he is right. Use your brain, maybe challenge yourself a bit more.

For that mod in particular Titania brings stable ttk on synovas without ruining the unairu wisps she is supposed to spawn for the rest of the team. She is now a definitely viable mid skill frame as she doesn't need aiming nor volt shield to kill synovas in 1second(still no "frame perfect" efficiency but competitve enough for 4x3 and mb even 5x3). I  invested on this frame because of that augment existence for instance, and if it is like that for me it is the same for dozen of other players who must facepalm hard while reading this nonsense thread.

About the "people want to save energy orbs or certain items in missions" idea, I don't get it either, but beeing offered a choice(vac or not) is not something bad inherently :). There is a growing amount of players who do not care at all about mission loots.

Ironic how you lump us all into the same category of us assuming some dumb warframe partner caused this, using your brain ey?

Titania has always been viable in eidolons, upset about wisp being taken up get put of razorwing and wait for the sheilds to be stripped and then go back in. 🤷‍♂️Maybe YOU should take your own advice and go back to your nonsense augment.

Edited by (PS4)ChaosTheNerd

4 hours ago, ChaoticEdge said:

Still I prefer companions over then her for it isn't like everyone is going run whole squad of Titania or either the primed version.

What?

If you use Razorwing you cannot use companions, that is what the mod is for, so you can turn off her auto-vaccuum in Razorwing. She does not have auto-vaccuum outside of Razorwing and the mod wont turn of your companion vaccuum. The only companion she really benefits from if you play her around Razorwing (which most people do) is the newest Kavat, the vampire that can rezz, this mostly because it triggers incase she gets downed, getting her back on her feet.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, trst said:

Believe it or not not everyone likes using vacuum. And "not everyone" includes more than one person.

For those who use Aviator but hate her passive vacuum they can use the augment, for those who use Aviator and do like her vacuum you can stick with Aviator.

And besides would it have mattered if she got one like Nezha or Zephyr? +15% ability strength isn't worth losing improved bullet jumping or health regen after casting an ability. Especially considering Power Drift already exists.

I know some don’t like Vac, but honestly the few should be sacrificed so we can all save a pet mod slot and just make it universal.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

What?

If you use Razorwing you cannot use companions, that is what the mod is for, so you can turn off her auto-vaccuum in Razorwing. She does not have auto-vaccuum outside of Razorwing and the mod wont turn of your companion vaccuum. The only companion she really benefits from if you play her around Razorwing (which most people do) is the newest Kavat, the vampire that can rezz, this mostly because it triggers incase she gets downed, getting her back on her feet.

If you think she should have her auto vacuum then why not ask the dev to have auto vacuum for hlidryn, grendel and the other frames that use close to transformation to able to do vacuum.

12 minutes ago, BDMblue said:

I know some don’t like Vac, but honestly the few should be sacrificed so we can all save a pet mod slot and just make it universal.

Ok? This is a thread about something entirely different.

But as far as that discussion goes we did get a 3m uni-vac and if you know the history of DE combating afk/macro farming there are reasons they're overly cautious granting full vacuum as a passive. Plus Sentinel/Companion slots aren't that valuable.

7 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

If you think she should have her auto vacuum then why not ask the dev to have auto vacuum for hlidryn, grendel and the other frames that use close to transformation to able to do vacuum.

Because uhm... they have full access to their companion. So they always have vaccuum.

2 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Because uhm... they have full access to their companion. So they always have vaccuum.

no they don't for grendel can't vac when he tranform be meatball (it cancel the companion's ability), Hilydrin can't vac when she use her chopper mode (she also cancel her companion) then ask why shame the frames that can't vacuum themselves?

Edited by ChaoticEdge

16 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

no they don't for grendel can't vac when he tranform be meatball (it cancel the companion's ability), Hilydrin can't vac when she use her chopper mode (she also cancel her companion) then ask why shame the frames that can't vacuum themselves?

Then you have a broken Hildryn and Grendel because I just tested it and the companions attack, move, buff and everything else when I channel #4 on either of the two.

5 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Then you have a broken Hildryn and Grendel because I just tested it and the companions attack, move, buff and everything else when I channel #4 on either of the two.

Have you tested can they vacuum while Hildryn and Grendel is in their mode and can they even pick up the items? I know this in fact that I tried this before even thou it is vacuum they will not let the pick up active.

Edited by ChaoticEdge

Just now, ChaoticEdge said:

Have you tested can they vacuum while Hildryn and Grendel is in their mode?

Yes. I just tested it in sim. Piled up a bunch of mobs, wiped them out, made sure there were energy orbs. Spawned a new batch with Grendel, ate one, killed the rest, went meatball mode and slowly approached the energy orbs, they were vaccuumed as normal.

With Hildryn I just killed a bunch like with Grendel, when there were orbs up I toggled on #4, let it drain shields, slowly approached the orbs and they were vaccuumed as normal.

With Titania you completely lose the pet, it just goes grey and unattackable, making you lose everything it has.

3 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Yes. I just tested it in sim. Piled up a bunch of mobs, wiped them out, made sure there were energy orbs. Spawned a new batch with Grendel, ate one, killed the rest, went meatball mode and slowly approached the energy orbs, they were vaccuumed as normal.

With Hildryn I just killed a bunch like with Grendel, when there were orbs up I toggled on #4, let it drain shields, slowly approached the orbs and they were vaccuumed as normal.

With Titania you completely lose the pet, it just goes grey and unattackable, making you lose everything it has.

the question is why they don't do this to all frames then.

5 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

the question is why they don't do this to all frames then.

Because it is a "bonus" for Titania since she cannot use a pet. All other frames have access to pets 24/7, so have access to vaccuum and multitude of buffs that Titania needs to give up.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Because it is a "bonus" for Titania since she cannot use a pet. All other frames have access to pets 24/7, so have access to vaccuum and multitude of buffs that Titania needs to give up.

Now that, just think about it if they can do this then why it is consider as bonus but provide no help for all the frames.  Pets fall and die (the sentinel) then again you can save your kubrow and kavat including MOA but how many time players cannot save their pets for this is where vacuum pose give important roll and it was center of it all support rolls for yea I know kubrow and kavat has their own support but it doesn't mean the other one is for they are going view as chop meat if Titania view only one vacuum.  Now think about it even deeper just little and think this words "What could be possible anyone will think to go up and ask: Can we get vacuum for our frames?" then the argument increase higher if the dev said no.