The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Since Pilfering Strangledome is literally a dead mod vs Sentienrs because they 100% ignore strangledome.

Oreades

Sentients also ignore most of Vauban's abilities & yesterday I had many games where a random sentient ignored totaly Limbo's rift (killing members of the squad & even damaging the objective).

Things are weird when it comes to sentients.

vor 46 Minuten schrieb Umbriellan:

Sentients also ignore most of Vauban's abilities

Actually their are only two types which ignore Vaubans abilities. The Battalyst and Conculyst. If would be nice if they both would at least be slowed down from bastille just like in Conclave.

vor 49 Minuten schrieb Umbriellan:

yesterday I had many games where a random sentient ignored totaly Limbo's rift (killing members of the squad & even damaging the objective).

Battalyst. Once that guy starts spinning (and shooting his lasers) not even the rift can stop it.

Do you guys really want "DE" to look into Pilfering Strangledome? God knows what "fix" they will find this time. 

Honestly, every time I see people talking about bugs and fixes with something I play with, it terrifies me. Obviously its normal for you all to ask for improvements, but I can't stop thinking about how DE will act on those. Everytime I see chroma or saryn rework ideas, it makes me worried. Atleast now we have a chroma and saryn that gets the job done. Atleast you can still use Pilfering Strangledome properly against other 3 factions in the game. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, --Aegis--MR9 said:

Do you guys really want "DE" to look into Pilfering Strangledome? God knows what "fix" they will find this time. 

Well seeing as it as it stands does nothing for an entire faction that is going to become more and more relevant as the New War rolls out..... yeah I would kinda really like it to not be a literal dead mod. 

The simplest solution that covers the most bases would be to have it apply to both abilities but not stack. Change the worrding accordingly to convey that it applies to any mob that Khora restrains.

Perhapse a name change to reflect the increased generality, maybe something like

• Pilfering subjugation
  • Compliant Restraint.
  • Tithing Bonds.
  • Reticent Benefactor

It keeps people who like Strangledome as it is happy, it covers the issue of Strangledome being blanket ignored by Sentients and thus rendering Pilfering Strangledome a dead mod for a whole game faction by extending into Ensnare. 

I think the bigger issue is that Sentient immunity to status and CC removes half of what our weapons and frames do without replacing it with anything, and we just end up with less gameplay. In Scarlet Spear, I've only really been playing the ground side of the event, which means that my one Murex run is the literal only mission I've ever played in Warframe that was purely Sentient enemies. As long as there's at least some involvement from another faction, I think the dynamic can work, since we've had status and CC immune bosses and other units forever. 

But I don't see the point in worrying about Pilfering Strangledome not working when Strangledome itself doesn't work. You know, if an augment isn't any good for a mission type, switch builds, but when there are whole frames that are irrelevant to Sentients....

Edited by CopperBezel

18 hours ago, Umbriellan said:

Sentients also ignore most of Vauban's abilities & yesterday I had many games where a random sentient ignored totaly Limbo's rift (killing members of the squad & even damaging the objective).

Things are weird when it comes to sentients.

No thats just Limbos abilities not being well made as per usual. Same thing happens in a few areas most notably Fortuna.