Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scarlet Spear: 1-Week Later Top Items

[DE]Rebecca

9 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Scoring Calculation Issues:

Earlier today / we released a revised scoring post with the following details:
Ground Assault missions started at 8 Points per Kill Code, reaching a possible 4104 points by Round 17!
After: Murex Raids now start at 12 Points per Kill Code, reaching a possible 3888 by Murex 5!

However, players are receiving a 2820 and 3672 for Space and Ground respectively. While this is still an increase from before, it is not the amount we announced. 
The correct numbers in the next Hotfix will be:
After: Ground Assault missions will reach a possible 4131 points by Round 17!
After: Murex Raids missions will reach a possible 3960 by Murex 5!

We sincerely apologize for another day of unintended scoring results, and this will be fixed next Hotfix. We know this has been confusing and we regret that we’ve caused so many misunderstandings due to calculation errors. 

Providing my math did not betray me at 2 a.m.that should be the result

dHE9aSM.png

1 hour ago, MarrikBroom said:

I've now got a full stackof avenger because of this event and it drastically changes how the mutalist cernos plays. Before it was 'this is fun but OOF' now? heheheh i make toxic zones of death. come play with me grineer.'

Aegis and Barrier are good on shield frames. THere's a secondary arcane good to almsot manditory on mesa. Nullifier is a borderline requirement for eidolon farming. There are others but those stand out. 

Wait. Archane pulse. Slap that on Nekros, or nezha 

Exactly. Call me a snob, but I really can't see how anyone could say none of the other arcanes are worth using...

2 hours ago, _junguler said:

these cases you mentioned altho are true but are the exceptions and not the norm, even if they are not needed in these cases the other arcanes are far more niche and situational to even bother investing in.

i'm a casual player, i don't change loadouts or even warframes for different missions/situations, so energize and guardian are the best choices if you want to set it and forget as i usually do.

Oh, that's ok, then, but you can't say the arcanes aren't competitive, when you can get free base damage (150), by latching for less than a second in a wall, for 30secs, courtesy of Arachne. That's really, really strong.

2 hours ago, Rhyandra said:

I mean you can't deny that Limbo isn't vastly overpowered though. The only reason he is not being played a lot is simply because he is annoying and boring to plays as and with.

Which is why he doesn't need to be nerfed. It is a pve game you can choose to not play him.

boarding ships such as ram sleds and idk "splinters" is it? slivers i heard cy say at first... Are way too distracting for the space event in that they are a source of labor distribution contention No one kills them cept Maybe the owner of the ship... otherwise SS is great

oh oh have some one mention the vomatalysts are the ones that take away the ships abilities .. Like engines... plz remove that its feels bad

i just had a person harass me in chat for not putting down the oplink yet when im still killing 4 ramsleds and at least 1 splinter... fml

9 hours ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

Not when DE touted this as a solution to the increased Arcane grind.

Lets look at this a different way. Say you had one maxed copy of every arcane prior to the update that increased the max level on arcanes. You would still need to do just under 50 perfect waves to max out all of your arcanes again.

That's still insane, given how rare a perfect run is. More often than not, either the 100 murex are driven off before you get 5k, or the flotilla doesn't reach 100 and you get nothing. Neither of these problems have been addressed, either, even after a week of this event.

Plus I mean, when you think about it, the objective of any event / store, what have you is to obtain everything. I would say that is a fair base metric to base it on. Is it super realistic that a player with NO acanes at all will be able or willing to do this, no, probably  not, but saying this is a bad metric when we all strive to obtain everything anyways, is just wrong. Most players I would bet will be 1: (as you stated) in a position where they need to buy the rest of their arcanes to hit that R5 cap or 2: Be getting extras to sell which makes prices go down due to such easy availability making it easier to obtain them in another method for those players that dont mind going the plat route or can, plus having the opportunity on the other side of the coin to make plat.

17 minutes ago, _Akasha said:

down due to such easy availability making it easier to obtain them in another method for those players that dont mind going the plat route or can, plus having the opportunity on the other side of the coin to make plat.

ye this event has been a plat gold mine.  Made like 400 today

1 hour ago, Radiofloyd said:

Oh, that's ok, then, but you can't say the arcanes aren't competitive, when you can get free base damage (150), by latching for less than a second in a wall, for 30secs, courtesy of Arachne. That's really, really strong.

I don't see any /s quote. Please tell me you're being sarcastic.

12 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Hi Tenno!

Scarlet Spear has been live for just over 1 week now on PC, and we have mentioned some things on Livestreams or on the Forums that we wanted to consolidate into one location and go over what changes are still coming:

First: Scarlet Spear will be extended by 1 week due to the early launch issues. April 28 is the new End Date for Scarlet Spear on PC and it will be extended today.

Second: Ground Assault and Murex Raid Scoring will be increased - which means Scarlet Credit earning has been increased!

Before: Ground Assault missions started at 5 Points per Kill Code, reaching a possible 2295 points by round 17.
After: Ground Assault missions started at 8 Points per Kill Code, reaching a possible 4104 points by round 17!

Before: Murex Raids started at 10 Points per Kill Code, reaching a possible 1875 by Murex 5.
After: Murex Raids now start at 12 Points per Kill Code, reaching a possible 3888 by Murex 5!

Scoring Calculation Issues:

Earlier today / we released a revised scoring post with the following details:
Ground Assault missions started at 8 Points per Kill Code, reaching a possible 4104 points by Round 17!
After: Murex Raids now start at 12 Points per Kill Code, reaching a possible 3888 by Murex 5!

However, players are receiving a 2820 and 3672 for Space and Ground respectively. While this is still an increase from before, it is not the amount we announced. 
The correct numbers in the next Hotfix will be:
After: Ground Assault missions will reach a possible 4131 points by Round 17!
After: Murex Raids missions will reach a possible 3960 by Murex 5!

We sincerely apologize for another day of unintended scoring results, and this will be fixed next Hotfix. We know this has been confusing and we regret that we’ve caused so many misunderstandings due to calculation errors. 

Third: Rare and Legendary Arcanes coming this week!

We have added the Rare and Legendary Arcanes to Little Duck’s Trade for 2000 Credits Per Rare and 4000 Credits Per Legendary. This will launch in the next Hotfix with the above Scoring changes.

Fourth: More fixes in progress + Sentients + Limbo tweak!

The formatting of bug reports here is very helpful for us and we appreciate the continued reports as we work on more fixes: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1177822-operation-scarlet-spear-bug-reporting-megathread-read-first-post/page/35/#comments

Additionally, we wanted to provide notice that we are tweaking the way Limbo’s Stasis works with Sentients to account for the numerous reports we’ve seen on how much the event is trivialized by this power.
Limbo’s Stasis duration now has diminishing returns on Sentients and Amalgams when the power is used repeatedly. This choice was made for 2 main reasons:

1) Limbo’s Stasis usage makes the gameplay of the Scarlet Spear far too trivial.

2) Sentients by design have Adaptation - and the diminishing returns on recasting adheres to the adaptive nature of the enemy. 

This is not intended to change the way Stasis interacts with other enemy factions.

Fifth: For our Console Tenno, everything listed above will also be included in the launch of Operation: Scarlet Spear on PS4, XB1, and Switch. This means the following: 

• Operation: Scarlet Spear will run for a total of 5 weeks once live on consoles.
  • The Ground Assault and Murex Raid Scoring changes will be live on launch.
  • Rare and Legendary Arcanes will be available in Little Duck’s store in the Flotillas on launch. 
  • Fixes galore! 

As a follow up to our last status update, the Console team continues to grab fixes and changes from PC to address important issues with Operation: Scarlet Spear before we send it to Cert. You can stay up to date with where the team is at with the Update by visiting our Status threads: 

PS4: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1178097-ps4-operation-scarlet-spear-2730-status-in-development/

XB1: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1178099-xb1-operation-scarlet-spear-2730-status-in-development/

Switch: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1178098-switch-operation-scarlet-spear-2730-status-in-development/

Thanks everyone - we have a Hotfix in the oven with the changes listed here and are aiming to deploy today at 12:30 ET on PC!

Cheers!

1. I faced-rolled everything for 4 days, to reach the 50K goal. At least those who come after me, will have an easier time...

2. I'll take a look at the added arcanes. 

3. Now that Limbo is screwed, everyone switch to Slo-va (let's see how quickly DE figures this out).

:facepalm::crylaugh:

7 hours ago, -CSN-Yuheri said:

Everyone who says the Arcanes are too expensive / too grindy

Did you ever played Eidolon Hunt?

The prices are WAY too cheap,  if you have a good farm squad you can get a guarantied Energize for 10 min of play time that's insanely cheap and not grindy at all

Why the f are you all expecting to get ALL Arcanes to max rank but with little to no effort in like a week; if anything these prices devalue all the time players invested into hunting Eidolons

I've been constantly facepalming since this event started, reading these posts here on the forums or on reddit about people just jumping the gun and complaining about how much they'd need to grind without bothering to make proper runs on this event. I was expecting legendary arcanes to be priced at 10k a piece at least due to how fast credits could be amassed, and this before these new scoring changes. My reasoning on that was that I thought DE would want to stop people from hoarding dozens of Energizes to sell later, as the intention was to let the average player get a decent amount of coveted arcanes for themselves. Now it's a joke.

EDIT: Just checked warframe market, and yup. Energize down from 100 to 30, gg. Also check Statistics, and the price chart from 48 hours ago to have a good laugh.

6 hours ago, (PS4)MahdeH232 said:

I stand corrected about the buffs but I kinda meant buffs in a way that a frame that is barely used, being buffed because he is really struggling, the only frame which was that is wukong but he needed a whole rework not just buff.

I just had enough of DE's incompetence, everything that remotely excels in a way and is somehow fun gets nerfed to S#&$, it's a PvE game for gods sake.

The game isn't fun anymore, frames barely have an effect on content being released because the content is being design to nullify all frame abilities and rely on brute force and bullet sponges, instead of being fun and engaging and requiring work and diversity in frame choices.

"everything that remotely excels in a way and is somehow fun gets nerfed"

This is the opposite of Limbo turning the game off around defense objectives. It doesn't remotely excel, it's blatantly overpowered. And it's not somehow fun at all, it leads to literal afk farming. 

5 hours ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

By nerfing Limbo you just made the event infinitely worse. There were no people playing as it was, I can't see it being any more popular after the patch.

There was almost always a limbo in murex, I've even joined a murex with 3 of them (I was mesa).

However this isn't a nerf, it's a fix. Sentients adapt a lot of other abilities reducing their duration so why shouldn't they adapt to limbo's stasis.

Regardless, if you actually kill the sentients and not just afk then it's still quite fine.

4 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Hey DE when are you releasing an update that makes your event "not crap"? Face it, it's a boring grind. Grind is fine if you make it interesting but when it's repetitive and un-interesting it falls flat.

I think what they want is CONSTRUCTIVE criticisms. Got any ideas on how to make it, in your words "not crap"? I for one think even with all the problems (and there were many) that they did a stellar job at what must have been a logistical nightmare, to get off the ground how they did. Launching a new system, Which requires tons of communication across the server(s) They had to try to balance 2 game modes that could again communicate with each other. They had to make the relay hosting system work for an operation in which players done with a run could reliably return to the same instance every damn time, plus reward algorithms and score tracking of the same, and they did all that or most of it from home. Im sure none of that was an easy process

2 hours ago, HunterDigi said:

There was almost always a limbo in murex, I've even joined a murex with 3 of them (I was mesa).

However this isn't a nerf, it's a fix. Sentients adapt a lot of other abilities reducing their duration so why shouldn't they adapt to limbo's stasis.

Regardless, if you actually kill the sentients and not just afk then it's still quite fine.

Level 200+ Aerolysts flailing around in the air with the S#&$ty hitbox detection on their canisters that the game has is the biggest reason the change should not have been made yet. Making punch through properly pop multiple of them in a single shot should have been implemented first.

vor 9 Stunden schrieb Radiofloyd:

Arcanes are almost overwhelmingly better, unless you wanted to run 2 of the same thing, which was usually not good anyway. Khora is a really bad example of a nerf, but Limbo is a good nerf, as it keeps him relevant, just not trivializing levels of powerful.

Eh no. There litteraly no reason to use any different one as Energize, Grace, Guardian besides some niches like Nulli etc. Those will still be the fire and forget grail for 99% of the game and for most of the Frames. Their changes or "As they called it: We want more building diversity" were just poorly thoughtout. There was absolutely no reason to add additional ranks or internal cooldowns. The had one job, making bad things good. And the failed as usual to buff things instead of putting anything to the same bottom line.

My problem with these kind of changes to Frames etc. especially right now is that those could have been easily seen if DE would actually play their #*!%ing own game. And yes from my POV as a customer it does look like DE is running around like a headless chicken within the office if the players are using gameplay core mechanis DE brought into the game and suddenly recognizing "Oh what have we done". I dont want to be mean, but how could they run a business like that, if they have no clue about their own product and how it works?

8 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

So you want to screw over people’s investment to Arcanes before this event (be it grinding Eidolons or spending plat) dropped even further? More reason that this community can’t play nice with each other.

Ah, here we go

I don't intent to, but I do infact want to remove the types who (complain) due to they can't rip of players anymore, same goes for why people are so upset about the "Chroma nerf". Mafia can't make it's cash to put it bluntly, having such an grindy like experience and having drop-rates so small, it makes it outright redundant. If an new player comes along or someone who can't do the fight (for what ever reason) and wishes to buy them, they may as well, give up an liver.

So, in a way, yes, no one can't play nice with each other, cuz everyone wants to either scam/cheat everyone or feel like they are "Number #1"

Edit: But with that being said, does it really matter?, all the "god tier" Arcanes got nerfed into the ground, even more reducing their price and lately, with the event being so terrible to begin with, I think we have more worries then players not getting their dosh.

28 minutes ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

Level 200+ Aerolysts flailing around in the air with the S#&$ty hitbox detection on their canisters that the game has is the biggest reason the change should not have been made yet. Making punch through properly pop multiple of them in a single shot should have been implemented first.

The aerolysts are actually bugged with limbo, they can't be damaged AT ALL if they're in the rift.

Catchmoon does work quite nicely on them at least.

5 hours ago, Steelmark said:

I've been constantly facepalming since this event started, reading these posts here on the forums or on reddit about people just jumping the gun and complaining about how much they'd need to grind without bothering to make proper runs on this event. I was expecting legendary arcanes to be priced at 10k a piece at least due to how fast credits could be amassed, and this before these new scoring changes. My reasoning on that was that I thought DE would want to stop people from hoarding dozens of Energizes to sell later, as the intention was to let the average player get a decent amount of coveted arcanes for themselves. Now it's a joke.

EDIT: Just checked warframe market, and yup. Energize down from 100 to 30, gg. Also check Statistics, and the price chart from 48 hours ago to have a good laugh.

And now remember that you nowadays need 11 more aranes for a total of 21 total max an arcane...

5 hours ago, _Akasha said:

I think what they want is CONSTRUCTIVE criticisms. Got any ideas on how to make it, in your words "not crap"? I for one think even with all the problems (and there were many) that they did a stellar job at what must have been a logistical nightmare, to get off the ground how they did. Launching a new system, Which requires tons of communication across the server(s) They had to try to balance 2 game modes that could again communicate with each other. They had to make the relay hosting system work for an operation in which players done with a run could reliably return to the same instance every damn time, plus reward algorithms and score tracking of the same, and they did all that or most of it from home. Im sure none of that was an easy process

People have been giving constructive criticisms for quite a while now but it's been falling upon deaf ears. And no they didn't build this event at home, they started working on it long before the pandemic and they had to switch to wfh just before releasing it. While that understandably impacts their ability to work on fixes and changes, the event released as a mess and this mess was created while they were still working at their studio. And no, the systems they put in place barely function in the first place, case in point the oplink which fails to function for space teams and has in my specific case 2/3rds of the time. The space scaling is terrible, way beyond what fully decked out railjacks are capable of handling combat wise and not to mention that the event inherits all the bugs and connectivity issues that came with railjack in the first place. Multiple transitions in railjack frequently bugs out players to the point that progress has to be abandoned. All critical functions of the event - Consistent flotilla instances, player progress tracking, score tracking, scoring calculations, matchmaking, score display ui, reward distribution, oplink - had all been in either badly designed or untested state or bugged to high heavens and thus failed over and over again. A event that's supposed to go on for 4 weeks spent 1 whole week getting fixed to the point where it's reliable 1/3rds of the time. We just did unpaid and unwilling playtest for them so they can fix S#&$ on the fly. Without people putting up with all the bugs, they wouldn't have gotten even this done. So no, they haven't done a stellar job by any definition. And this is after a series of content that follows the same trend. I love DE and want them to find all the success but credit where it's due and where it's not and all that.

11 hours ago, ValinorAtani said:

Eh no. There litteraly no reason to use any different one as Energize, Grace, Guardian besides some niches like Nulli etc. Those will still be the fire and forget grail for 99% of the game and for most of the Frames. Their changes or "As they called it: We want more building diversity" were just poorly thoughtout. There was absolutely no reason to add additional ranks or internal cooldowns. The had one job, making bad things good. And the failed as usual to buff things instead of putting anything to the same bottom line.

My problem with these kind of changes to Frames etc. especially right now is that those could have been easily seen if DE would actually play their #*!%ing own game. And yes from my POV as a customer it does look like DE is running around like a headless chicken within the office if the players are using gameplay core mechanis DE brought into the game and suddenly recognizing "Oh what have we done". I dont want to be mean, but how could they run a business like that, if they have no clue about their own product and how it works?

I can agree that they should've seen the Limbo meta coming. As for arcanes, besides needing more of them (which I do find pretty iffy), they're all still powerful and useful. I disagree that you only run 2 arcanes all the time. As I've stated before, not all frames want or gain all that much from guardian (rhino, hyldrin, nezha and wukong are all excellent examples), grace is not all that good (though it's a fairly good heal) and energize can often be fairly unnecessary. If you want a "one size to rule them all" format, you're right, there's not a lot of arcanes needed. However, if you want the best possible version of your gear, you will use multiple arcanes, such as avenger, the attack speed/fire rate ones, Arachne, etc.

17 hours ago, RandomTrollz said:

Which is why he doesn't need to be nerfed. It is a pve game you can choose to not play him.

We can't choose not to play with him and the game shouldn't allow the player to do something that is largely going to destroy their fun. No one had fun playing Limbo in this event.

11 hours ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

Eh. Shotguns can hit multiple canisters at once, pinpoint accurate guns can easily pop all canisters... Only weapons I can see struggling to pop the canisters are bows and painfully slow semis.

14 minutes ago, Radiofloyd said:

We can't choose not to play with him and the game shouldn't allow the player to do something that is largely going to destroy their fun. No one had fun playing Limbo in this event.

Oh so you can't go into your arsenal and pick another warframe. And again if it is no fun then don't play him PVE game. It isn't even faster to use Limbo just less work. If you want more work then go into your arsenal and switch frames PVE GAME. Also you clearly do not speak for everyone.

Archived