The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scarlet Spear: 1-Week Later Top Items

[DE]Rebecca

1 minute ago, An8rchy said:

-No decrease on the overpriced arcanes (bronze are 1k per arcane....)

To be fair, with the new Credit scalings 1k is not too much any more. Play twice to 17 in two different Flotilla that finish and you have a max rank Arcane and still credits to spare. That's less then 1hour.

14 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Additionally, we wanted to provide notice that we are tweaking the way Limbo’s Stasis works with Sentients to account for the numerous reports we’ve seen on how much the event is trivialized by this power.
Limbo’s Stasis duration now has diminishing returns on Sentients and Amalgams when the power is used repeatedly. This choice was made for 2 main reasons:

1) Limbo’s Stasis usage makes the gameplay of the Scarlet Spear far too trivial.

2) Sentients by design have Adaptation - and the diminishing returns on recasting adheres to the adaptive nature of the enemy. 

I've only been using Limbo for the Grineer anyway, that ain't gonna change nothing.

Anyway, are the codes from ground uploading these days or is it still not worth the time to log in?

10 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Additionally, we wanted to provide notice that we are tweaking the way Limbo’s Stasis works with Sentients to account for the numerous reports we’ve seen on how much the event is trivialized by this power.
Limbo’s Stasis duration now has diminishing returns on Sentients and Amalgams when the power is used repeatedly.

Will you also be fixing Sentient attacks (namely the two spinning ones, from what I recall) so that they're properly halted by stasis?

more points is cool and all, but that's not going to change that the Ground Mission is objectively more 'difficult', takes longer, Et Cetera - while the other is the opposite.

i recommend adjusting things to to something about that. perhaps slightly increasing the Credits/Condrix further, and reducing how long the Ground Mission lasts. to make it a bit less slow.

the way the Event is setup still feels very fragmented and no very Co-Operative at all, as well. there is little feeling of Community on an Event that is supposed to be creating those exact feelings.

The prices for rare and legendary arcanes are ridiculously grindy. If rares were at 1750, a player would need 35k which is about 8 or 9 perfect murex runs; likewise if legendaries were at 2250, a player would need 45k which is about 11-12 perfect murex runs. When you consider the time for this, it clocks at about 4.5 hours for rares and 5.5 hours for legendaries; instead of the 5.5 hours for rares and 7.5 for legendaries.

I thought the point of this event was to give access to arcanes without doing trade nor eidolons, but seems I was mistaken, its becoming an actual incentive to do those things...

13 minutes ago, RandomTrollz said:

So nerf everything eh? Not even limbo stasis is safe.

yeah glad I'm done with this S#&$ty event already, only sorry for everyone who will have to grind trough this S#&$ without limbos help now

8 minutes ago, devildevil21 said:

Diminishing return, if that means lower time the enemies are frozen, then fine by me, I kill every sentient the moment they get in the bubble. The stasis is mostly to keep them from 2-shotting the oplinks. This won't really affect limbo players that much, just bring a paracesis and eat the enemies alive.

nerf that too  

9 minutes ago, Cyloss said:

84,000 Points for a Max arcane?... REALLY???

Pretty BS if you ask me, ALL Arcane's should be 1,000 (regardless) of it's status in-game. 20 runs (wave 17). To "farm" the Arcanes.

Now the Limbo nerf alone is quite stupidly unnecessary, as of actual once, Limbo is actuality being used as he should be and the only excuse was that it was making the event "too farmable/exploit" as stated. Sure there might be other frames that can help, Forst and god knows what else, but STILL the issue of being Scaling. (Still not fixed).

I don't know about others but unless you have a legit "Meta" Weapon, then you're doing little to nothing damage to, even the Sentients and alone with that other hostile, that has an "RD" stage, where you can't even damage it. There is a few other weapons that are "only" being used, due to that very reason, Limbo got this "Nerf". Gonna nerf them next are we?.

The event is still and yet not gonna be played by meny (and still today and even after this hotfix) will still be the flopped mess. Cuz once this thing ends, it's gonna be back to the old Cetus Fight (that barley anyone does now). To try farm an "RNG/Roll the dice" game. (Let alone market players, scamming you out of plat and hell, real money at this point).

So, all in all, nothing changed.

4 minutes ago, Luthier_Marke said:

The prices for rare and legendary arcanes are ridiculously grindy. If rares were at 1750, a player would need 35k which is about 8 or 9 perfect murex runs; likewise if legendaries were at 2250, a player would need 45k which is about 11-12 perfect murex runs. When you consider the time for this, it clocks at about 4.5 hours for rares and 5.5 hours for legendaries; instead of the 5.5 hours for rares and 7.5 for legendaries.

I thought the point of this event was to give access to arcanes without doing trade nor eidolons, but seems I was mistaken, its becoming an actual incentive to do those things...

(Forgot to add this to the post, ah well)

21 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Hi Tenno!

Scarlet Spear has been live for just over 1 week now on PC, and we have mentioned some things on Livestreams or on the Forums that we wanted to consolidate into one location and go over what changes are still coming:

First: Scarlet Spear will be extended by 1 week due to the early launch issues. April 28 is the new End Date for Scarlet Spear on PC and it will be extended today.

Second: Ground Assault and Murex Raid Scoring will be increased - which means Scarlet Credit earning has been increased!

Before: Ground Assault missions started at 5 Points per Kill Code, reaching a possible 2295 points by round 17.
After: Ground Assault missions started at 10 Points per Kill Code, reaching a possible 4104 points by round 17!

Before: Murex Raids started at 10 Points per Kill Code, reaching a possible 1875 by Murex 5.
After: Murex Raids now start at 15 Points per Kill Code, reaching a possible 3888 by Murex 5!

Third: Rare and Legendary Arcanes coming this week!

We have added the Rare and Legendary Arcanes to Little Duck’s Trade for 2000 Credits Per Rare and 4000 Credits Per Legendary. This will launch in the next Hotfix with the above Scoring changes.

Fourth: More fixes in progress + Sentients + Limbo tweak!

The formatting of bug reports here is very helpful for us and we appreciate the continued reports as we work on more fixes: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1177822-operation-scarlet-spear-bug-reporting-megathread-read-first-post/page/35/#comments

Limbo’s Stasis duration now has diminishing returns on Sentients and Amalgams when the power is used repeatedly. This choice was made for 2 main reasons:

1) Limbo’s Stasis usage makes the gameplay of the Scarlet Spear far too trivial.

2) Sentients by design have Adaptation - and the diminishing returns on recasting adheres to the adaptive nature of the enemy. 

This is not intended to change the way Stasis interacts with other enemy factions.

Fifth: For our Console Tenno, everything listed above will also be included in the launch of Operation: Scarlet Spear on PS4, XB1, and Switch. This means the following: 

• Operation: Scarlet Spear will run for a total of 5 weeks once live on consoles.
  • The Ground Assault and Murex Raid Scoring changes will be live on launch.
  • Rare and Legendary Arcanes will be available in Little Duck’s store in the Flotillas on launch. 
  • Fixes galore! 

As a follow up to our last status update, the Console team continues to grab fixes and changes from PC to address important issues with Operation: Scarlet Spear before we send it to Cert. You can stay up to date with where the team is at with the Update by visiting our Status threads: 

PS4: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1178097-ps4-operation-scarlet-spear-2730-status-in-development/

XB1: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1178099-xb1-operation-scarlet-spear-2730-status-in-development/

Switch: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1178098-switch-operation-scarlet-spear-2730-status-in-development/

Thanks everyone - we have a Hotfix in the oven with the changes listed here and are aiming to deploy today at 12:30 ET on PC!

Cheers!

glad to see the arcanes being added finally; and considering how cheap they are based on how many creds we can earn now, that's great

33 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Scarlet Spear will be extended by 1 week due to the early launch issues.

Operation: Scarlet Spear will run for a total of 5 weeks once live on consoles.

Why is it extended on all platforms if it's extended because of early launch issues? Are consoles gonna get the same issues? (yes, I know they won't 😛)

Archived