Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scarlet Spear: 1-Week Later Top Items

[DE]Rebecca

5 minutes ago, GodOfMisfortune said:

Can you remove the 100 Murex cap please? Some people aren't able to achieve 5000 points before all the Murex are gone, which means they need to go to another Flotilla. This could bug your progress on the first Flotilla so you don't get the rewards from it.

Nowadays the bonus rewards come almost immediately. Once you have the bonus, you move to another flotilla. If you're looking to get as many points as possible in the flotillas, join the ones that have a bit less progress.

3 minutes ago, Caramello said:

People that only play Limbo because of this event: Is the end of the world.

People that play limbo for about 2 years and know all his gimmicks: Lol, this "nerf" changes nothing, nice try tho 🙂

It's meant to keep the gameplay from being a waiting snore fest, not to make limbo less powerful on the event.

The ONLY time where limbo is useful in something and is not a DIRECT HINDERENCE to the team, and he gets nerfed...

Time to step up your design team and ideas DE... If a single (forgotten) frame can make a whole new event design null at release, you seriously have a problem, and nerfing that frame is certainly not the right solution.

1 hour ago, Cyloss said:

84000 Points for a Max arcane?... REALLY???

...On second thought with the changes to points this seems rather reasonable.

still a bit strange that 1 full arcane is over 1,5x the points you need for the highest emblem you can earn in the event

84000 is literally nothing.

I got 50k in a few hours. Fully ranked arcane energize took weeks to get back in the day. Now they give it away for free basically, I'm pissed.
Angry Cat GIF by memecandy

8 minutes ago, destraudo said:

10 hours a day for 2-3 weeks?  you can do 3 space in an hour in your sleep. netting the bones of 12 k credits plus a 10 k bonus for 100 murex. so 20 k for an hour or 5 legendary arcanes in an hour. Which is comparable to the absolute height of speed for an elite eidolon tricap team. Except that tricap team does not get to pick their arcanes. So if you want a specific legendary there is a literally no comparison it is orders of magnitude faster to get legendary arcanes by this method than any other. So in 5 hours with abundant change you can max out an arcane energise. you would have to literally do hundreds of tricaps to achieve the same result. so with an hour a day you can max out 4-5 legendary arcanes over course of event.

I am sorry that that is not enough for you.  i really am, my heart bleeds for you as someone who dropped 1500 plat on energizes a few months ago because there was no universe i could put that much time into hunts on.  Im only going to be playing an hour or so a day but i plan to max out many rare and maybe 1-2 legendary arcanes. 

Uh-huh....
So wait...let me recap...it's 21 x 1000 x 6 bronze arcanes , 21 x 1500 x 13 silver arcanes , 21 x 2000 - 4000 x 13 gold arcanes , 20 k for one weapon , 15 k for the other one , 5 k per each stance forma you might want to get ,  5 k for the captura scene , 2 k x 3 sigils , 5 k x 2 cosmetic items .

Aka : 

126.000 for bronze arcanes 
409.000 for silver ones 
546.000 - 1.092.000 for gold ones 

---------

I am sure you can earn this many credits during the event , yes.

Oh, but of course you want everyone to get and max one arcane . During an event which was released to allow people to test out the new changes to arcanes themselves. Sounds right.
Then , yes. To answer your question you can get and max one or a few more arcanes...but you can't get and / or max all of them. You'll also have to deal with the grind for the weapons and any eventual cosmetic / utility items you might want . 
This event had hyped up a lot of people cause it finally meant a less tedious way to get arcanes compared to tridolons . The grind-wall , however...and the time wall between one murex session and another ( which you did not mention ) is a huge let down .

10 minutes ago, DebrisFlow said:

The event is trivialied by the trivial nature of the mission itself. After 7 years you should stop pretending that a mobile defense is a compelling design.

Regarding the arcane price, 4000 credits for a legendary is a fair price only considering the proposed increase in credit gain. I hope that all of us that playtested the first week of this event get their earned credits recounted accordingly.

The enemies are what changes. There's no mission design in Warframe that's particularly compelling asides from maybe spies, survivals and disruption. Everything else is very, very similar. The core of the gameplay lies in shooting the enemies, not in what you have to do in your mission.

Just now, (PS4)MahdeH232 said:

The ONLY time where limbo is useful in something and is not a DIRECT HINDERENCE to the team, and he gets nerfed...

Time to step up your design team and ideas DE... If a single (forgotten) frame can make a whole new event design null at release, you seriously have a problem, and nerfing that frame is certainly not the right solution.

So completely true, absolutely agree with this.

2 minutes ago, Radiofloyd said:

It's meant to keep the gameplay from being a waiting snore fest, not to make limbo less powerful on the event.

Yup, he still can stop the event to a halt, they nerfed 1 of the 3 ways he is capable of doing it 🙂

Simple math:

The game has:

• 6 common arcanes
  • 13 uncommon arcanes
  • 13 rare arcanes
  • 4 legendary arcanes

To buy max level of every arcane you need:

• 126000 Scarlet credits to buy all 6 common arcanes and max them out
  • 409500 Scarlet credits to buy all 13 uncommon arcanes and max them out
  • 546000 Scarlet credits to buy all 13 rare arcanes and max them out
  • 252000 Scarlet credits to buy all 4 legendary arcanes and max them out

In total you'll need 1333500 (over one million) Scarlet credits to buy all arcanes and max them out.

How long you need to farm Scarlet credits to get that amount?

Let's presume everything goes perfectly and every time you earn max rank and score 5k points per Murex wave and receive 10k bonus credits. It means you earn 15k Scarlet credits per 3 hours (because the wave repeats every 3 hours). Note: it happens in perfect conditions, not counting bugs, lags, host migration, bad luck and many other factors that can ruin your runs.

So. To earn 1333500 Scarlet credits you have to perfectly and flawlessly complete ~89 waves, scoring 15000 credits per wave.

The event will last for 26 days. This means a new player with no arcanes at all must perfectly complete 3-4 waves per day. PERFECTLY.

Of course the point of this event isn't about letting EVERYONE to have all arcanes maxed out. And most of warfame players already have some arcanes. Meaning people have to farm 2-3 times less than that. But still, with how much this event depends on LUCK... It feels just painful and frustrating, not rewarding at all.

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Before: Ground Assault missions started at 5 Points per Kill Code, reaching a possible 2295 points by round 17.
After: Ground Assault missions started at 8 Points per Kill Code, reaching a possible 4104 points by round 17!

Before: Murex Raids started at 10 Points per Kill Code, reaching a possible 1875 by Murex 5.
After: Murex Raids now start at 12 Points per Kill Code, reaching a possible 3888 by Murex 5!

Fixed issue here with incorrect starting point numbers, end results remain accurate. 

16 minutes ago, Tesla_Reloaded said:

Simple math:

The game has:

• 6 common arcanes
  • 13 uncommon arcanes
  • 13 rare arcanes
  • 4 legendary arcanes

In total you'll need 1333500 (over one million) Scarlet credits to buy all arcanes and max them out.

Let's presume everything goes perfectly and every time you earn max rank and score 5k points per Murex wave and receive 10k bonus credits. It means you earn 15k Scarlet credits per 3 hours (because the wave repeats every 3 hours). Note: it happens in perfect conditions, not counting bugs, lags, host migration, bad luck and many other factors that can ruin your runs.

So. To earn 1333500 Scarlet credits you have to perfectly and flawlessly complete ~89 waves, scoring 15000 credits per wave.

The event will last for 26 days. This means a new player with no arcanes at all must perfectly complete 3-4 waves per day. PERFECTLY.

Of course the point of this event isn't about letting EVERYONE to have all arcanes maxed out. And most of warfame players already have some arcanes. Meaning people have to farm 2-3 times less than that. But still, with how much this event depends on LUCK... It feels just painful and frustrating, not rewarding at all.

getting everything is a pretty insane metric to judge it by. 

24 minutes ago, Pendragon1951 said:

So completely true, absolutely agree with this.

I absolutely disagree with it. I like the limbo nerf. I don't play the game to afk farm snore fest. 

When there's a frame that can turn everything off, the game isn't a game anymore. Why even bother with loadouts or build diversity or any kind of thinking if limbo can just turn it all off. 

Balancing a game requires buffs, but it also requires nerfs. 

14 minutes ago, Elyann said:

Uh-huh....
So wait...let me recap...it's 21 x 1000 x 6 bronze arcanes , 21 x 1500 x 13 silver arcanes , 21 x 2000 - 4000 x 13 gold arcanes , 20 k for one weapon , 15 k for the other one , 5 k per each stance forma you might want to get ,  5 k for the captura scene , 2 k x 3 sigils , 5 k x 2 cosmetic items .

Aka : 

126.000 for bronze arcanes 
409.000 for silver ones 
546.000 - 1.092.000 for gold ones 

---------

I am sure you can earn this many credits during the event , yes.

Oh, but of course you want everyone to get and max one arcane . During an event which was released to allow people to test out the new changes to arcanes themselves. Sounds right.
Then , yes. To answer your question you can get and max one or a few more arcanes...but you can't get and / or max all of them. You'll also have to deal with the grind for the weapons and any eventual cosmetic / utility items you might want . 
This event had hyped up a lot of people cause it finally meant a less tedious way to get arcanes compared to tridolons . The grind-wall , however...and the time wall between one murex session and another ( which you did not mention ) is a huge let down .

'Oh, but of course you want everyone to get and max one arcane .' i literally said you could do that in 5 hours.  and it assumes starting from a position of having 0 arcanes. i had 85 k since start of event and i spent them just now taking a bunch of arcanes from rank 3 to 5, including barrier.  ' again im sorry that they couldnt make it any easier for you. You might have to actually play the game, or god forbid, you wont have all the arcanes in the game to rank 5 by the end of the event, you might have to do some single eidolon kills to get the common ones. or buy the commons for like 1-2 plat a pop on the market.  god forbid you cant get most of the end game rewards maxed out from 0 from a 30 day event playing an hour a day. 

28 minutes ago, Tesla_Reloaded said:

Simple math:

The game has:

• 6 common arcanes
  • 13 uncommon arcanes
  • 13 rare arcanes
  • 4 legendary arcanes

Is it me or you based your math on legendary at the price of 3000 credits ? because if its the case well i have a bad news its 4000 so basicly the price for the legendary skyrock at 336 000 ( 84 000 per legendary arcane)

long story short its 1000 , 1500 , 2000 and 4000 

long math short 

6 common arcanes x 21 x 1000 = 126 000

13 uncommon arcanes x 21 x 1500 = 409 500

13 rare arcanes  x 21 x 2000 = 546 000

4 legendary arcanes x 21 x 4000 = 336000

total : 1 417 500

Now will a tenno farm all Arcanes in this event ? Wait this tenno never did nightwave and eidolon and on top of that he want all of them ?

2 minutes ago, Huggalump said:

I absolutely disagree with it. I like the limbo nerf. I don't play the game to afk farm snore fest. 

When there's a frame that can turn everything off, the game isn't a game anymore. Why even bother with loadouts or build diversity or any kind of thinking if limbo can just turn it all off. 

Balancing a game requires buffs, but it also requires nerfs. 

So you are saying you need to play limbo? Is the game forcing you to play limbo? You can just not play limbo.

Just now, RandomTrollz said:

So you are saying you need to play limbo? Is the game forcing you to play limbo? You can just not play limbo.

I don't know how public matchmaking works for you, but for me it doesn't let me choose the frame of people I'm matched with. 

3 minutes ago, Huggalump said:

getting everything is a pretty insane metric to judge it by. 

Not when DE touted this as a solution to the increased Arcane grind.

Lets look at this a different way. Say you had one maxed copy of every arcane prior to the update that increased the max level on arcanes. You would still need to do just under 50 perfect waves to max out all of your arcanes again.

That's still insane, given how rare a perfect run is. More often than not, either the 100 murex are driven off before you get 5k, or the flotilla doesn't reach 100 and you get nothing. Neither of these problems have been addressed, either, even after a week of this event.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb [DE]Rebecca:

4000 Credits Per Legendary

Really? After you #*!%ed us over with "dont worry, you dont have to grind so much" Arcane Rank Changes. Never thought the bottom line is even more sinking

vor 2 Stunden schrieb [DE]Rebecca:

1) Limbo’s Stasis usage makes the gameplay of the Scarlet Spear far too trivial.

Yeah Tweaks. We learned with the recent Khora Nerf how this will end. Right now its just disgusting.

Looking forward to the stronger arcanes.

The buff to points is nice. I already thought the event was pretty generous.

Limbo nerf is good, but I hope you continue looking at limbo. I want him to be good, but I also don't want a frame that can push a button to turn the game off around a defense objective. I can only imagine that it's impossible to balance good gameplay around abilities like that. 

Archived