Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scarlet Spear: 1-Week Later Top Items

[DE]Rebecca

2 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

Not when DE touted this as a solution to the increased Arcane grind.

Lets look at this a different way. Say you had one maxed copy of every arcane prior to the update that increased the max level on arcanes. You would still need to do just under 50 perfect waves to max out all of your arcanes again.

That's still insane, given how rare a perfect run is. More often than not, either the 100 murex are driven off before you get 5k, or the flotilla doesn't reach 100 and you get nothing. Neither of these problems have been addressed, either, even after a week of this event.

There's absolutely no logical reason that you need every arcane maxed. 

On top of that, there's absolutely no reason you need to get every arcane maxed from this specific event when there's other ways to get arcanes in the game.

On top of all that, there's absolutely no reason to look at the numbers assuming people are starting from a point of having 0 arcanes, like it's a bunch of MR 1 players flying in to fight off the murex. 

The event is decently generous. I won't get everything I want, but I'll get some stuff I want, and that's okay. Prioritize the items you think will benefit you most. That's how games should work: make choices that matter. 

Just now, Huggalump said:

There's absolutely no logical reason that you need every arcane maxed. 

On top of that, there's absolutely no reason you need to get every arcane maxed from this specific event when there's other ways to get arcanes in the game.

On top of all that, there's absolutely no reason to look at the numbers assuming people are starting from a point of having 0 arcanes, like it's a bunch of MR 1 players flying in to fight off the murex. 

The event is decently generous. I won't get everything I want, but I'll get some stuff I want, and that's okay. Prioritize the items you think will benefit you most. That's how games should work: make choices that matter. 

And had this existed in a vacuum, I would be fine with it.

But DE clearly stated that this event was to make up for them reworking Arcanes, and the way they are handling it makes it feel worse than the eidolon grind.

If a further reality check for people in this thread is needed. 

In the time this thread has been live there are people playing who have earned enough scarlet credits to buy 5 arcane energizes , what would have been 500 plat worth of items on the market a month ago . 

Arcane energizes that were 100 plat on the market just over a month ago are selling for 20 plat a pop right now.  

20 plat. And we are a week into a month long event.  

This is a very clear representation of how much easier it is to get these arcanes than at any other point in the history of the game. 

2 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

And had this existed in a vacuum, I would be fine with it.

But DE clearly stated that this event was to make up for them reworking Arcanes, and the way they are handling it makes it feel worse than the eidolon grind.

What exactly did they say about this is to make up for reworking arcanes? Because there's multiple steps missing from "this is to make up for reworking arcanes" to "i need to max everything from this one event, starting from absolutely 0 arcanes"

Also, I'm not a numbers guy, but I don't think there's any way this is worse than the eidolon grind. Nevermind how quickly points will come in after the update, just the ability to choose the arcane you get is massive. Plus, this event will probably massively drive down the cost of buying arcanes on the market. 

15 minutes ago, Huggalump said:

I absolutely disagree with it. I like the limbo nerf. I don't play the game to afk farm snore fest. 

When there's a frame that can turn everything off, the game isn't a game anymore. Why even bother with loadouts or build diversity or any kind of thinking if limbo can just turn it all off. 

Balancing a game requires buffs, but it also requires nerfs. 

Please tell me in the past year or so, have you seen any worthwhile buffs? (please leave melee 2.99999 aside since it's an overhaul)

It's always been nerfs, they are making the game go through the path of "Frame abilities dont affect enemies and gameplay", why have frame diversities then?

Just now, destraudo said:

If a further reality check for people in this thread is needed. 

In the time this has been live there are people playing who have earned enough scarlet credits to buy 5 arcane energizes , what would have been 500 plat worth of items on the market a month ago . 

Arcane energizes that were 100 plat on the market just over a month ago are selling for 20 plat a pop right now.  

20 plat. And we are a week into a month long event.  

This is a very clear representation of how much easier it is to get these arcanes than at any other point in the history of the game. 

And in that time, other players have barely managed half that, not because of any lack of effort, but because of bugs and bad luck.

DE should never have added a mechanic that can, through no fault of either player, reward one player with 3x the rewards of the other player. However, they did, and now they are making it worse by pricing things based on the best-case scenarios. This is the Hema debacle, just re-skinned.

Just now, Huggalump said:

What exactly did they say about this is to make up for reworking arcanes? Because there's multiple steps missing from "this is to make up for reworking arcanes" to "i need to max everything from this one event, starting from absolutely 0 arcanes"

Also, I'm not a numbers guy, but I don't think there's any way this is worse than the eidolon grind. Nevermind how quickly points will come in after the update, just the ability to choose the arcane you get is massive. Plus, this event will probably massively drive down the cost of buying arcanes on the market. 

I re-did the numbers for someone coming from having every arcane maxed before the rework. That's the player that DE claimed this was for (I believe it was in the Devstream before the Arcane rework shipped). And even then, it takes just under 50 perfect runs (150 hrs), or ~150 flawed runs (~450 hrs).

Those numbers are unacceptable for what DE themselves claimed this would be.

Just now, (PS4)MahdeH232 said:

Please tell me in the past year or so, have you seen any worthwhile buffs? (please leave melee 2.99999 aside since it's an overhaul)

It's always been nerfs, they are making the game go through the path of "Frame abilities dont affect enemies and gameplay", why have frame diversities then?

Ember: rework, much stronger now.

Gauss: buffed after introduction, much stronger and more playable.

Wukong: more playable? This one might be questionable if the criteria is just "buffs" haha, but he's certainly played much more

Bows: flat damage increase (I think it was something like 2x damage?)

Viral: much stronger.

Shields: shield gating, 25% dmg reduction

Enemy: different armor scaling, overall result is armor reduction. Also, accuracy reduction while we're in certain movements

Titania: vacuum, a couple minor reworks

I'm sure there's more, but this is off the top of my head.

The community asks for challenging content, so we can't also complain when overpowered abilities get nerfed. And yes, turning the game off around a defense objective is overpowered. 

3 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

I re-did the numbers for someone coming from having every arcane maxed before the rework. That's the player that DE claimed this was for (I believe it was in the Devstream before the Arcane rework shipped). And even then, it takes just under 50 perfect runs (150 hrs), or ~150 flawed runs (~450 hrs).

"I re-did the numbers for someone coming from having every arcane maxed before the rework"

o damn, sorry. I misread it then. That's my bad.

Even so, I guess we're just reading the situation differently. I have not heard or seen anything that's led me to believe that the event means you absolutely will get everything maxed, and I see no reason for why you need to have everything maxed.

Besides, if you just had one arcane of everything maxed before, nothing was nerfed. Nothing about that became weaker. The only thing that was nerfed was if you had 2 of those arcanes maxed, because now you can't double up. But if you had two of them maxed, you could just split them apart and recombine them. 

I really don't see what the problem is. 

6 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

if you are defining a perfect run as 5000 score per run, does this account for fact a run is now like 4k score. Also, most successful servers have things wrapped up in just over an hour- 2 max, why is a run time listed as 3. 

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Huggalump:

and I see no reason for why you need to have everything maxed.

Because they were maxed before DE decided "Oh look we dont like how you're playing"?

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Huggalump:

Nothing about that became weaker.

Gutted Arcanes and Internal Cooldowns would take a word with you.

1 minute ago, Huggalump said:

Besides, if you just had one arcane of everything maxed before, nothing was nerfed. Nothing about that became weaker.

Arcane Aegis, Arcane Energize, Arcane Tanker, Arcane Guardian, and Arcane Grace at rank 3 all have reduced function compared to pre-rework.

20 minutes ago, destraudo said:

'Oh, but of course you want everyone to get and max one arcane .' i literally said you could do that in 5 hours.  and it assumes starting from a position of having 0 arcanes. i had 85 k since start of event and i spent them just now taking a bunch of arcanes from rank 3 to 5, including barrier.  ' again im sorry that they couldnt make it any easier for you. You might have to actually play the game, or god forbid, you wont have all the arcanes in the game to rank 5 by the end of the event, you might have to do some single eidolon kills to get the common ones. or buy the commons for like 1-2 plat a pop on the market.  god forbid you cant get most of the end game rewards maxed out from 0 from a 30 day event playing an hour a day. 

As if I hadn't been playing this game for the past 5+ years , dude. 
I know how to play Warframe , I know how to farm and grind in Warframe . The point is that the time per reward investment this time is just awful and that the grind kept growing worse and worse over the years ; the players are tired of it .
Playing the game is fun and fine , asking everyone to go hardcore on it for 5+ hours per arcane is not. 
I do have arcanes , quite a lot of them since I've been farming since raids days . I do however realize how annoying it is to farm tridolons for the players and I do remember how awful me and other people had it . The fact we went through something that was not fine to begin with doesn't mean that other players must have to. 
I am not asking DE for a script that gifts everyone all rank 5 arcanes , I am asking them for decent rates for an event that was advertised as one in which everyone could have obtained arcanes so that they could have tested the changes made to them. 

1 minute ago, destraudo said:

if you are defining a perfect run as 5000 score per run, does this account for fact a run is now like 4k score. Also, most successful servers have things wrapped up in just over an hour- 2 max, why is a run time listed as 3. 

Because getting more than 5k in a relay is wasted effort, and you can only get a bonus every 3 hrs max. Even if you do 5k points in 2 relays, you only get 1 10k bonus.

And while one might be able to do this even faster, DE clearly didn't want players getting more than 15k points every three hours, and many get less than that because the bonus doesn't get paid.

So who's doing the count for repeated Limbo stasis use? the sentients? The only sentient that doesn't die inside stasis is the Aerolyst. The rest usually got killed in a few seconds (i.e. by Mesa, Mirage, rubico, etc). So (if everything's done as intended), aerolyst that got trapped in Limbo's 4 and 2, would slowly be able to regain movement and starts attacking.

Archived