The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operation: Scarlet Spear: TennoGen 27.3.8 + 27.3.8.1 + 27.3.8.2

[DE]Megan

3 minutes ago, DeathHymnal said:
  • 2) Sentients by design have Adaptation - and the diminishing returns on recasting adheres to the adaptive nature of the enemy. 

Regarding this with Limbo, isn't the lore that we use void energy which is literally their only weakness? XD 

For clarification, Limbo doesn't use pure void energy. He uses his abilities to create a pocket realm ( called Rift ) in between material plane and Void.

4 hours ago, eboomer said:

cause this was the reason they held off putting the legendary arcanes in the store until now.

where the #*!% do you got that from? they said numerous times that they didn't put the gold and platinum one because they wanted to see first if there was possible exploits. not because they were scared of tanking the market. which is a good thing anyway.

5 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Second: Ground Assault and Murex Raid Scoring have been increased - which means Scarlet Credit earning has been increased! 

Before: Ground Assault missions started at 5 Points per Kill Code, reaching a possible 2295 points by round 17.
After: Ground Assault missions now start at 8 Points per Kill Code, reaching a possible 4104 points by round 17! 

Before: Murex Raids started at 10 Points per Kill Code, reaching a possible 1875 by Murex 5.
After: Murex Raids now start at 12 Points per Kill Code, reaching a possible 3888 by Murex 5!

well now i think less people will play now railjack missions as they did already. Im srs to say that you still can cheese the ground missions pretty easy wile the railjack ones are just.."eh".

1 hour ago, mikakor said:

where the #*!% do you got that from? they said numerous times that they didn't put the gold and platinum one because they wanted to see first if there was possible exploits. not because they were scared of tanking the market. which is a good thing anyway.

If they weren't concerned about tanking the market, why would they care about an exploit?

If they were concerning about the market, they wouldn't have released the arcanes in this event, period. they said officially that the reason why they did not put the other arcanes was to see if there was an exploit to fix. in their mind, limbo was the exploit, so now that it's fixed, they can release it.

1 hour ago, eboomer said:

If they weren't concerned about tanking the market, why would they care about an exploit?

because they wanted us to farm the way THEY intended us to. they don't like when players use the tools in a better way than what they imagine. probably some kind of complex which makes them think that we need to obey them or somethin

6 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

General Changes:

• Limbo’s Stasis duration now has diminishing returns on Sentients and Amalgams when the power is used repeatedly. This choice was made for 2 main reasons:
    • 1) Limbo’s Stasis usage makes the gameplay of the Scarlet Spear far too trivial.
    • 2) Sentients by design have Adaptation - and the diminishing returns on recasting adheres to the adaptive nature of the enemy. 
    • This is not intended to change the way Stasis interacts with other enemy factions.

While we are on the topic of Stasis, I should mention Octavia's Resonator (exactly the same problem for Scarlet Spear, the only battle is ability uptime), and all the bugs Octavia has to deal with (especially for Zenurik Tenno).

Firstly, Resonator taunts the Sentients and prevents almost all harm from coming to the Oplinks. There is only one window of danger on the recast where Sentients can activate a "battle mode" and start disco lights or whirlwinds etc.

Secondly, Octavia suffers a bug regarding Transference: as an ability is in mid air and travels towards its destination and later if you are an Operator when it lands, you will not get a timer on your HUD for the abilities duration. This is a bug that was added many patches ago, and Gara suffers her own variant (durations for Shatter Shield on allies reset on the HUD on Transference).

Thirdly, Octavia suffers a second bug regarding Transference: her animations appear to hitch when trying to Transfer immediately after using abilities in rapid sequence. This bug prevents Tennos from returning to their Warframe until their Operator is fragged (jumping off a cliff does not work, nor does dying as Octavia later, as the bug persists even if you are transitioned into your Warframe through Railjack's mechanics just on the next transference).

The only work around I've found for the above bugs is to be patient and not transfer until Octavia is done with her casting animations and the ability 'balls' have landed and activated with visible timers on the HUD. Otherwise I could be bugged for the entire mission.

DE, please, I beg you, do something about legs movement while melee combos. These lock us to their speed and movements which only makes it difficult to control and very unpleasant. Let us opt it out somehow and have a good feeling of our warframe's legs. The higher the attack speed the more crazy these animation locked movements.

My proposal:

E, E, E - combo 1, standing still
E+move - combo 2, moving to any direction, not only forward
E+aim/block - combo 3, standing still
E+aim/block+move - combo 4, catch-up-combo to any direction, not only forward (this combo may have a locked animation to jump/dash/slide)

3 minutes ago, DukeDublin said:

While we are on the topic of Stasis, I should mention Octavia's Resonator (exactly the same problem for Scarlet Spear, the only battle is ability uptime), and all the bugs Octavia has to deal with (especially for Zenurik Tenno).

Firstly, Resonator taunts the Sentients and prevents almost all harm from coming to the Oplinks. There is only one window of danger on the recast where Sentients can activate a "battle mode" and start disco lights or whirlwinds etc.

Secondly, Octavia suffers a bug regarding Transference: as an ability is in mid air and travels towards its destination and later if you are an Operator when it lands, you will not get a timer on your HUD for the abilities duration. This is a bug that was added many patches ago, and Gara suffers her own variant (durations for Shatter Shield on allies reset on the HUD on Transference).

Thirdly, Octavia suffers a second bug regarding Transference: her animations appear to hitch when trying to Transfer immediately after using abilities in rapid sequence. This bug prevents Tennos from returning to their Warframe until their Operator is fragged (jumping off a cliff does not work, nor does dying, and the bug persists even if you are transitioned into your Warframe through Railjack's mechanics just on the next transference).

The only work around I've found for the above bugs is to be patient and not transfer until Octavia is done with her casting animations and the ability 'balls' have landed and activated with visible timers on the HUD. Otherwise I could be bugged for the entire mission.

It did not work that way in my experience.  Resonator was good, but it can wander off, and is not useful against long distance fire.  I had to use Snow Globe to keep the Oplinks from being damaged despite having an Octavia distracting most of them.

I personally wish the nerf to Limbo relied on power strength, so it required limbo players to adjust their builds and not purely maximize range.

So, you get over an arcane energize for 23 minutes of mild effort. Thanks DE 😄 happy I didn't go for rank 5 already. So once we're done with focus we can basically ignore tridolons permanently since they're strictly unprofitable to run.

Huge lolz at all the crybabies over Limbo. It's not even remotely an issue, guys. Limbo still works perfectly well. Hakuna your tatas, and start actually killing sentients in the Murex (you'll get intrinsics anyways, it's a win-win) ! You all knew this was coming, so don't pretend to be surprised and offended.

Still a discrepancy in the actual rewards vs. what was announced, though. But I also would argue for removing or increasing the cap on the battle bonus reward, I think everyone will agree that scouring the Scarlet Spear relays for a suitable instance is not engaging gameplay. Or perhaps allow for the battle to carry on to another 100 Murex if it finishes early for a higher rewards tier; and/or a separate Ground and Space reward pool ? Anything that encourages staying in a relay and actually doing a balance of Space and Ground missions.

Hey DE, please listen to me... I was hoping that with this hotfix/update you would have solved this issue, but it's still there. I have got 58.320 scarlet points, so I should have all three operations emblems right? Welp... i got Scarlet Spear Operations I and Scarlet Spear Operation III emblems but still no Scarlet Spear Operation II emblem... can you fix that? please? pretty pleeeeeease?

6 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Healing AOE Review

We made a hasty change in Hotfix 27.3.6 that removed Venari’s Heal aura from affecting Oplinks AND Defense Targets. Firstly, the terminology of calling Venari’s Defense Target healing a ‘fix’ was incorrect, so apologies there on my behalf. It’s correct to say it was a feature for Venari, considering it had its own Tip for it! The change stemmed from our desire to resolve Operation exploits as quickly as possible, and we didn't communicate this properly.

We’re doing a deeper review on abilities that heal Defense Targets that we can speak to in the coming days.

Apologies as well for the late reply on this topic. We’ll update everyone when we’ve dug deeper and have an action plan

Wait wait am I reading this wrong or something Venari's healing aura is a bug but an exploit? Not trying to be an ass but please someone explain to me why a in game ability that has a tip in game saying you can heal Defense Targets is now an exploit? I have been a bug tester in the past and as far as I can tell its a game mechanic not an exploit nor is it a bug. I know it sounds like a rant but I am just confused on this bit.

1 hour ago, mikakor said:

because they wanted us to farm the way THEY intended us to. they don't like when players use the tools in a better way than what they imagine.

I guess they don't intend for us to use Crowd Control in a Mobile Defense? Have I been doing Sorties wrong for 4 years now? 🤔

7 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Rare and Legendary Arcanes have been added to Little Duck’s Scarlet Spear Trade...

Yes, but only the old ones (already in the game for quite some time). 4k for legendary/platinum is quite a fair price btw, it is basically one full mission (earth or space) for a guaranteed top level arcane. Anyone who complains this is "too grindy" are welcome to collect them by hunting trids instead... 🙂 

But wasn't there supposed to be some new ones as well? So far the new stuff has been limited to two nice new weapons and stance forma (not counting scenes & fashion). It's the new stuff I've been farming Scarlet Credits for.

Finally, there have been so many bugs, fixes, changes, lost loot etc. etc. that my head is spinning, but rewarding your trusty bug-testers with LESS credits for a partly tougher effort (even disregarding bugs and sh*t) might not be the way to go. It is exactly the same ongoing event, after all, and I wouldn't be surprised if some (or most) of those who fought the tougher enemies and braved all the bugs feel screwed by getting less reward for the same effort (which was actually even "more effort", but we can handle that part).  Can't speak for DE of course, but from an outside perspective this could be considered a Tenno segment ("the insanely dedicated") you definitely would not want to lose or turn against the game.

Thanks for the fixes and update, tennogen looks incredible as always!!

Out of curiosity, has anyone been having an issues with the Fae Path Ephemera on Titania Prime? When crouching it works regularly with the effects trailing behind however with her regular walking no trail comes behind her as she floats majestically through the air for me. Didn't know if this was happening for everyone.

12 minutes ago, Voltage said:

I guess they don't intend for us to use Crowd Control in a Mobile Defense? Have I been doing Sorties wrong for 4 years now? 🤔

no, they don't. they want us to do it like in cinematic, when Excalibur use almost none of his powers and slash enemies one by one, like if we were some kind of actual logic based game.

also, you were using CC for mobile defense, you plebeian? everyone knows that the META ways of doing defense is pulling out your shawzin. the enemies just love your solo too much to stop it.

Archived