Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operation: Scarlet Spear: TennoGen 27.3.8 + 27.3.8.1 + 27.3.8.2

[DE]Megan

So... Managed to log in for a few SS runs with the boys for a bit last night... Well, tried to.

Instances a PITA, not receiving kill codes, and for some strange reason, Frost's bubble doesn't exist.

Tried another Flotilla, make 3 runs, and bug fest central.. Oh, and no credits of course.

Hmnn, you know, I may be old, but back in my day, we at least had the courtesy of offering dinner and a movie.

Oh. Wait. Social distancing and working remotely. My bad, carry on then.

The painful spear.

7c0jKnG.png0LIhGr3.png

" And then one day,i felt the wheels of space and time truly enmesh themselves with my cataclysm.
  It was like a beam of Light piercing the Void. It was truly a magnificent feeling. "

" I, LIMBO, had truly surpassed all forms of life and all warframes! "

On 2020-04-03 at 5:50 PM, Silescere said:

@CarnageBen Hmm, I see. Thanks for further explaining.
I thought: If one were to buy only as many as is needed for ranking an Arc to 3, then aquiring one of that quality is relatively quick. That's about what I'd do, since I'm not that interested in maxing everything out. I haven't checked the time investment with DE's newest fix (higher score) yet, but for me it would mean getting a total of 10 Arcs for 4000 each, making it 40k credits. That'd take me a few days. And that's only for ONE Arcane.
The rest of the methods of farming you mentioned don't lose their relevance though. This event is not permanent in strong comparison to the rest of the things you mentioned. Meaning, if someone misses out on this chance or starts playing after the event ends, they won't have an "easy" access to those arcanes at all.

And about ghost stuff or wondering what to do: After 800+ hours of gaming, I wouldn't expect ANY game to be able to sufficiently and quickly be able to supply me with new stuff tbh 😄 I didn't think there even was that much to see and do when I started^^

You get over 4000 from one ground mission and over 8000 bonus. So if you do four ground missions on different relays you have 48 000 creds. Giving an easy to achieve time of 25 minutes that's 1 hour and 40 minutes worth of gameplay to get 10.

1 hour ago, CarnageBen said:

You get over 4000 from one ground mission and over 8000 bonus. So if you do four ground missions on different relays you have 48 000 creds. Giving an easy to achieve time of 25 minutes that's 1 hour and 40 minutes worth of gameplay to get 10.

Except you only get that bonus if the flotilla finishes 100 Murexes. Heck, you only get rewards at all in space if the Kill Codes are supplied to you. Yesterday I spent 40 minutes waiting for Kill Codes, we got 6. The wave ended and we had "mission failed - you don't even get the Intrinsics you earned during the mission." This is ... how do I say this ... 'discouraging'?

I have a wish list sitting in front of me to finish off 5 arcanes that I already had several of. It's got about 200k worth of credits on it. Not even trying to get all of them maxxed, just the ones I'm interested in playing with.

There are a lot of fundamental issues, still present in this game mode.  The slight rebalance is nice, but come on.

Yes, ground missions can now reward more.  The problem is that everything is still bound to the space side.  Get 10 teams, and you've got 50 Murexes down.  They have to run twice, so realistically anyone going over 5000 points actively kills the event for everyone else.  Again, why not make it 100 minimum with some additional bonus offered at 200 and 400 killed?  This would give us a benefit to Murex killing, and encourage working together to keep railjack crews fed on ground crew codes.  Everyone can win.

But the rewards....Oh yeah, now I can farm.  4000 points for a single legendary arcane.  That's great.  1k, 1.5k, 2k, 4k.  It's almost like DE knows that the only reason to keep running the mission is for the arcanes.  It's not like we're supposed to be running this because it's fun, right?

The bugs.  20+ minutes watching kill codes get sent...to any other team.  Goodie.  Limbo and Khora have been nerfed...so Gara and Frost are waiting in the wings.  Let's have a satellite than can easily be destroyed at the front of the ship, so when you suddenly can't boost it also can't be protected.

I'm sorry, but this is just an insane amount of wasted potential.  I've managed to bag tons of intrinsics, but the level 9 and 10 intrinsics are generally so inconsequential that they aren't even worth upgrading for.  I've not got almost everything (yeah, still missing some of those avionics despite all the runs) fully upgraded, and 150k dirac simply sitting around as useless rewards.  The only interesting part is facing level 130+ enemies, and being rewarded with a lith relic.  Wow, it's almost like you did scaling but forgot about reward scaling.

DE, please make this game mode worth something.  I'm going to earn the arcanes, of which you've conveniently forgotten to include Arbitration arcanes, and then this event is done.  It isn't fun, it is rewarding only in the fact that RNG can be skipped with the eidolons, and at the end of all of this it's being propped up by a game mode still in at best alpha state.  The second people don't have arcanes to grind for is the second that this is not worth the effort.

I would just like to thank the developers for focusing on the things that matter.

Release possibly the worst most buggy event ever rather then fix it keep making it worse and even less fun to play while not even fixing half the bugs reported by the players or addressing the issue of how it feels and is just not rewarding given the time we spend playing it. Nerffing any way we come up with to try and make the event even a bit bearable ignoring there own established lore and game mechanics.

But look at all the new cosmetics you can give us money for now. Nice to see the developers have their priorities in the right places

18 hours ago, FoxSock said:

Yes, but he was overlooked because he wasnt a popular frame. Now that people are seeing his value as an easy cheese warframe, DE suddenly guts the stasis for sentients? Not only sentients doe, mind you. I was doing index yesterday and after 2 hits on enemies affected by stasis, they became unaffected by stasis. I really do hope i am tripping or smth, otherwise Stasis is gone.

No, he was not overlooked. He was the safe pick if you inteded to trivialize high lvl Grineer or Infested for years.

GAME BREAKING BUG!!!!!!

could you please look into this new game breaking bug, i loose all function on weapons and abilities, sometimes even jump aswell, only way to fix it is to "try" to die, cause when you want to die nothing wants to kill you, and when you dont want to die, they one shot you lol (and yes they still one shot you, new shield thing is also broken)

it happens alot in the new scarlet spear, ground and space missions, it also just happened to me in a mission were i was solo

i thought it was maybe due to lag, cause this last couple of days peoples pings are through the roof, joining pings from 400-1000, but in my solo mission i ruled out the lag or ping problem,

please fix this

oh and cautious shot mod, i think some one changed it around to what it should do? i get stagger 90% of the time and 10% not, it should be 90% not stagger and maybe 10% still, too much broken stuff in the game now, please fix this

Was in Scarlet Spear 87.

Did a ground assault and was in mission for about 50 minutes to completion. The whole time I'm looking at the Operation Link chat window and I see only 1, ONE, kill codes sent to someone doing railjack mission. 

You nerf anything as soon as you feel we're "exploiting" it when we're being effective with the ingame mechanics, but you either refuse, or is mind-numbingly slow in fixing everything that broke when you launched a half-ass, broken update of a game.

vor 15 Stunden schrieb MacIntoc:

You can make a 2nd or more relay.

dude I literally TOLD you in my comment that I couldn't.

Me: i can't get into a relay that's not already (mostly) done

You: Go create a new relay

Me: FACEPALM TO MARS

On 2020-04-04 at 1:21 PM, Khaos_Zand3r said:

Those of us that have been here since the beginning know DE is capable of far more than has been shown to us lately.

Are they?

Their recent performance makes me wonder whether this kind of blind faith is grounded in reality...

5 hours ago, ShortCat said:

No, he was not overlooked. He was the safe pick if you inteded to trivialize high lvl Grineer or Infested for years.

Yes, warframe abilities properly modded make high level play easier.  Shocking.  So do fully modded weapons, tanky frames, frames with scaling damage, being invisible, and nearly anything you spend weeks to months going through the most monotonous, grindy parts of this game to get.  Then you finally get an event that makes that work pay off, and the whining comes, and the devs go nerf crazy in absolute panic mode.

The fact remains that limbo is only this effective for this event because of how the event was designed.  If we could heal oplinks (or they regened), he would be overkill and a frame with better team synergy would be used.  As for limbo 'trivializing' content elsewhere...  I can tell you I always have to think twice as hard when playing Limbo then when playing someone like Nezha, Rhino, Inaros, or Nidus.  If you run out of energy at the wrong time, or collapse your bubble at the wrong moment...  limbo goes straight to the ground.  The reason he is not popular is the same reason old Wukong was not popular.  Simply staying alive is not enough most of the time.  Sure, those high level grineer and infested are helpless in your bubble...  but if you can't kill them fast enough it doesn't matter because eventually you are going to have to refresh stasis and they are going to tear you apart.  But if they screw this up, keep in these nerfs on other factions, or even just keep it on sentients and release more sentient content, they are going to make the one thing Limbo can do pointless.

Limbo is one of the few frames that are 'different' from the current mold of tanky, power buff, fast clear frames.  He is fun to play sometimes because playing him is a totally different style of game.  If you ruin that over one event, then the game just further turns into bland frames that all pretty much play the same.  Buff your damage/attack speed (or strip enemy defenses), soak all the attacks, clear the room, repeat.  There is a reason so many frames can do this, and it's because outside events or missions that require some sort of niche objective, this is the most effective way to play the game.  Limbo will never be part of that club, and that is a good thing.  He needs to stay good at the one thing he does though.

Am 2.4.2020 um 18:33 schrieb [DE]Megan:
  • Limbo’s Stasis duration now has diminishing returns on Sentients and Amalgams when the power is used repeatedly. This choice was made for 2 main reasons:
    • 1) Limbo’s Stasis usage makes the gameplay of the Scarlet Spear far too trivial.
    • 2) Sentients by design have Adaptation - and the diminishing returns on recasting adheres to the adaptive nature of the enemy. 
    • This is not intended to change the way Stasis interacts with other enemy factions.
  • Removed Titania’s Exalted weapons appearing in the Codex Weapon section, as Exalted Weapons do not show here.

i do appreciate ur quick fixes, thanks for that as always, but ur so quick with such warfame/ability changes when theres something u dislike about them like in this case or venaris heal on uplinks...but where is the REAL nyx rework ? its understandable that u dont want a frame to easy-mode an event but on the flipside players want fun and good frames.

back then u announced a nyx rework and requested suggestions in the thread on how to change the abilities but no rework happened despite the fact that there were a lot and very creative ideas in that thread...nyx just got some tweaks instead which did not change anything at all - she is still the worst frame to date (imo) and tennogen/deluxe being her best "feature" is just showing the extent. she has nothing unique going for her thats ALSO good. everything she does is done better by other frames or just a waste of energy/time and thats very disappointing since theres so much potential if u were just willing to really rework her instead of just changing bits here and there, hoping that bandaid is fine.

there are several frames which struggle right now but nyx is probably (surely de facto ?) the one with the most issues. she needs a rework at least on the scale of ember. other frames got a bigger rework, like mentioned ember or wukong or or or and they never were in a spot as bad as nyx.

this issue wont go away if u keep ignoring it since the game will continue to change/evolve, but these struggling frames wont unless someone like @[DE]Pablo for example, who did good jobs in the past in my opinion, takes the time to give such problem frames some real love.

please take the time to fix warframes too....nyx is not just bad...shes also absolutely no fun at all. why not ask for community ideas again with a real rework in mind ? speaking for myself i would write an essay of a rework suggestion about her if i didnt think it was a waste of time and i cant be the only one considering how many player concepts/ideas we have on this forum.

greetings~

From reading the updates and all the hotfixes that are going on it seems that you guys plan to start consoles with the updated max scores of Ground Assault missions will reach a possible 4131 points by Round 17! and Murex Raids missions will reach a possible 3960 by Murex 5! as well as extending event to 5 weeks because of PC being extended; If the plan is to keep the event the same across all platforms, is there something being planned in regards to PC players to make up for the lower starting scores? 

I'm fully aware that you guys matched everyone's score in the first few days because of all the troubles caused by the bugs however many days passed since then before the updated scores were implemented which means that if we are trying to keep all platform the same the PC players have missed out on 1/2 the points up until the points increase during Hotfix 27.3.8/27.3.8.1

On 2020-04-05 at 2:17 PM, PhenomenalHero said:

first comment on the forums so hope this works properly..

Here is my feedback:

1.operator arcanes are disabled if i'm hosting and doing a second space run on the flotilla . every time its like this and its annoying as hell.

2. plenty of "network not responding" today

3.yesterday i had the issue of not receiving codes

4.zombie flotillas are still a thing. had a few today.

5.how about making a script that will purge your RJ from enemies and damage after you finish the mission? cause every time i do the second run i still have the first run enemies on board.

6.why some murex are spawning upside down? that's silly.

7.how come the floating red orb damage in the murex tile-set goes through warframe abilities? like frost bubble and limbo rift. honestly for high ranks its a mere inconvenience, but it doesn't suppose to happen.

8. upon starting a second run with the crew from the first one , 100% one of the teammates and even all of them get migrated every time. regardless of ping.

9.yesterday i had a funny glitch where a cruise ship was stuck between the flotilla window and my RJ, this prevented me to approach little duck and it basically threw me away through the flotilla walls into the pitch black void. i just couldn't get close to ducky.

10. obviously the UI disappearance of the event during missions. and players panicking they will lose rewards.

11. inconsistency in rewards in the following example : join a random space mission , they made about 260 points progress with codes , my screen shows 260 points acquired upon arrival, i finish the mission and i don't get the 260 points. (yeah i understand that logically i shouldn't get them cause i joined afterwards, but if it was any other mission i.e defence and a player would join on wave 4 , he would still get the 5 waves reward.) either fix it visually or fix the overall rewards.

Network not responding can be related to many things, not just from the DE server. your internet could be slow, or being used by another service,  I.E  Netflix, downloads, torrents, consoles updating,  background processes updating etc. or your service provider is experiencing lag due to over load of use in your area.  - this is becoming a common issue around the world as more people stay at home. 

I like your idea of some script that will clear the Railjack of enemies on returning to the flotilla. it ssuper annoying to fight lvl 100+ enemies as soon as i get on my railjack for the following attempts during then event. 

Also Have no idea why the red orb thing can do AOE damage even when protected by stuff like Limbos rift. its quite a random thing to have. 

anyway.  for the network errors,  the host migrations, the random stuff spawning inside the event flotilla. this is normally still a communication issue.  either by you, if your the host, or the host themselves. 

to double check that everything is in order at your end. do these 3 things to make sure its all correct. 

Verify your files ( by using verify game files on the launcher before pressing play) after, optimize cache, to remove any old cache files that may be causing loading errors, like what you experienced on the flotilla) 

then .. the most important.  make sure the correct ports for warframe are open for your PC  through both your firewall, and in your router / modem. 
Warframe will work even if those ports are not open, but communication is severely reduced, and as a result you wil lget alot of connection and communicaiton issues if those ports are not open. (Upnp is supposed to do this automatically - but sometimes on some routers it does not. so its best to manually add them)  you can PM me if you need further help on opening ports. 

The problem i have, is this 'game mode' does continue to not feel good.

Had it not:
 - broken, resulting in a ludicrously long loadtime that ultimately dumped us back in the relay, and cost us ~2+ murex in
 - stopped actually transmitting kill codes for a bit
it wouldn't have ended at 97 and it doesn't feel good to lose out on +10k points and 'fail' yet again, and get shafted on the reward for so little, that's pretty hard out of your control

Please, make the bonus:

Total Score (Space + Ground) of window x (2x% of Murex), max 10,000.

So in this situation, we'd have got the +10,000 (total score x 1.94) and our time is still rewarded and it's performance based rather than all or nothing.

3 hours ago, Patacakes said:

Network not responding can be related to many things, not just from the DE server. your internet could be slow, or being used by another service,  I.E  Netflix, downloads, torrents, consoles updating,  background processes updating etc. or your service provider is experiencing lag due to over load of use in your area.  - this is becoming a common issue around the world as more people stay at home. 

I like your idea of some script that will clear the Railjack of enemies on returning to the flotilla. it ssuper annoying to fight lvl 100+ enemies as soon as i get on my railjack for the following attempts during then event. 

Also Have no idea why the red orb thing can do AOE damage even when protected by stuff like Limbos rift. its quite a random thing to have. 

anyway.  for the network errors,  the host migrations, the random stuff spawning inside the event flotilla. this is normally still a communication issue.  either by you, if your the host, or the host themselves. 

to double check that everything is in order at your end. do these 3 things to make sure its all correct. 

Verify your files ( by using verify game files on the launcher before pressing play) after, optimize cache, to remove any old cache files that may be causing loading errors, like what you experienced on the flotilla) 

then .. the most important.  make sure the correct ports for warframe are open for your PC  through both your firewall, and in your router / modem. 
Warframe will work even if those ports are not open, but communication is severely reduced, and as a result you wil lget alot of connection and communicaiton issues if those ports are not open. (Upnp is supposed to do this automatically - but sometimes on some routers it does not. so its best to manually add them)  you can PM me if you need further help on opening ports. 

yeah , thing is it started only after last patch , and my network is pretty fast (if not the fastest available) and i had no connectivity issues before last patch .

all my previous network issues i ever had with this game were fixed by DE , meaning they were server sided.

thanks for the advice though .

i should also add another annoying point while im already here..

Make lil duck's dialogue skippable in the flotilla , i had to listen to her blab again due to a misclick and i couldnt skip whatsoever ..

Will Hildryn be getting a new passive? since shield gating is a universal and better system. perhaps something like her armour applies to her shields or something along those lines would be pretty sweet and simple. 

her base armour is 300 and with all umbral mods gives her 877, which isn't  a huge amount but will let her survive higher level content  and allow her kit to be used more freely, as it is now the animation time to go in and out of her 4 although looking cool can be fatal at higher levels. way i see it she would get tankier and it would make it more fluid gameplay because essentially her health is her energy and when you get low you basically have to scurry around till you have enough of a pool to play again.

Archived