Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operation: Scarlet Spear: TennoGen 27.3.8 + 27.3.8.1 + 27.3.8.2

[DE]Megan

11 minutes ago, iChem said:

Not really a nerf, more of a mistake correction. Every skill has diminishing returns against them because they adapt. Rhinos Stomp for example will CC for the full duration the first time but only 50 - 70% of it the 2nd time. They are just putting it on the same level as other frames.

I'm curious where you're finding this information? I looked at the individual sentient enemies on the wiki to see if there was any precedent to this nerf and all it talked about was how their damage reduction works, instead of cc reduction.

The Limbo changes only really affect the space portion of Scarlet Spear, The Ground Missions have Grineer units attacking the Oplinks so Limbo is still viable on the ground. You're only going to push people to do one side of the event and nothing else even more so than they already do.

After the hotfix i lost my Kuva Lich, it didn't show that i even had one active and the territories that he had claimed were no longer with the kuva lich mark.
The biggest problem is that, even though it says i don't have a Kuva Lich active, there's a Kuva Lich stealing stuff from me every mission (and it even isn't the same Kuva Lich i had before)

49 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Limbo’s Stasis duration now has diminishing returns on Sentients and Amalgams when the power is used repeatedly. This choice was made for 2 main reasons:

• 1) Limbo’s Stasis usage makes the gameplay of the Scarlet Spear far too trivial.
  • 2) Sentients by design have Adaptation - and the diminishing returns on recasting adheres to the adaptive nature of the enemy. 
  • This is not intended to change the way Stasis interacts with other enemy factions.

So... welcome to Octavia meta, I guess.

Also, what the hell is happening with Liches? I'm greeted by some guy I had never created, and his influence isn't even on Star Chart, but he for some reason steals my resources from Saturn nontheless.

il y a 8 minutes, vaisso a dit :

The reason that limbo was used was that it was necessary to repeat the same content many times.
The root cause is a mission content that does not change.
Why does limbo need to be nerf?

Nova slow. Volt for the stun. Mesa to kill them.Frost/Gara/Khora....

an limbo is less strong, but can still be use.

I hate to be this guy... but will those of us who farmed this event before scoring changes be compensated in any way

It would definitely be much more appriciated than Railjack refund for sure, but I imagine that running scaling compensation can very well be impossible at this point.

Sooo maybe an Early Defender emblem? 😁 

vor 10 Minuten schrieb vaisso:

The reason that limbo was used was that it was necessary to repeat the same content many times.
The root cause is a mission content that does not change.
Why does limbo need to be nerf?

THIS.

The reason people overused him is becasue of the repetetive behavior of this event, of course people will turn to cheese if they have to repeat it 200 times.

What did you expect DE? I slowly loose my trust in you, i seen you very hight back then but now you show more and more with each day that you have no idea where to take this game at all.

3 минуты назад, Vanpoid сказал:

After the hotfix i lost my Kuva Lich, it didn't show that i even had one active and the territories that he had claimed were no longer with the kuva lich mark.
The biggest problem is that, even though it says i don't have a Kuva Lich active, there's a Kuva Lich stealing stuff from me every mission (and it even isn't the same Kuva Lich i had before)

A similar problem, tried to create a new lich, found, killed, after completing the mission - nothing. At the same time, at the entrance to the game - the lich tells me that I am a corpse)

il y a 5 minutes, rachelthenerdfighter a dit :

I'm curious where you're finding this information? I looked at the individual sentient enemies on the wiki to see if there was any precedent to this nerf and all it talked about was how their damage reduction works, instead of cc reduction.

they have both, you can try it in simulacrum if you want.

31 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Second: Ground Assault and Murex Raid Scoring have been increased - which means Scarlet Credit earning has been increased! 

Before: Ground Assault missions started at 5 Points per Kill Code, reaching a possible 2295 points by round 17.
After: Ground Assault missions now start at 10 Points per Kill Code, reaching a possible 4104 points by round 17! 

Before: Murex Raids started at 10 Points per Kill Code, reaching a possible 1875 by Murex 5.
After: Murex Raids now start at 15 Points per Kill Code, reaching a possible 3888 by Murex 5!

This kind of changes are really bad if you dont recompensate the players that did the event from the start.

Because people will stop playing the events when it is release and wait until this kind of changes. So there will be no enough feedback to make the event good (all the bugs and problems).This is just a vicious cycle, event sucks, less people play and just wait, problems don't get fixed, more people wait... PLAYERS are not guinea pigs.🙂

I'm still trying to understand why Ivara is getting 2 new skins with the amount of skins she already has when there are other, who have a lot less attention given to them (Gara, Nezha, Hildryn and Gauss come to mind)... But hey, no question from me on that part, just finding it strange.

As for the nerf to Limbo, usual deal, we always find a strat to make content trivial and when somebody shares it somewhere and DE finds out, it then gets nerfed - usual deal. Thankfully I saw this coming from a mile away so I haven't touched Limbo.

I'ma be honest here, I'm freaking surprised the Kuva Bramma hasn't been nerfed yet too. I'm pretty sure it will eventually, not seeing what's the hold up.

14 minutes ago, iChem said:

Not really a nerf, more of a mistake correction. Every skill has diminishing returns against them because they adapt. Rhinos Stomp for example will CC for the full duration the first time but only 50 - 70% of it the 2nd time. They are just putting it on the same level as other frames.

It could be argued that Sentients adapting to Warframe abilities itself is a lore inconsistency,since warframes channel void energy,the "Sentient weakness" to cast abilities,so if they are correcting the mistake,they would remove sentient adaptation for abilities,rather than retroactively putting it on Stasis.

il y a 1 minute, Marine027 a dit :

THIS.

The reason people overused him is becasue of the repetetive behavior of this event, of course people will turn to cheese if they have to repeat it 200 times.

What did you expect DE? I slowly loose my trust in you, i seen you very hight back then but now you show more and more with each day that you have no idea where to take this game at all.

it is not a punishment for the players.

it is normal that the player use it if it is too strong. so they nerf it.

to make the mission more interesting. the goal is to make it less repetitive, with more good choice.

38 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Limbo’s Stasis duration now has diminishing returns on Sentients and Amalgams when the power is used repeatedly. This choice was made for 2 main reasons:

• 1) Limbo’s Stasis usage makes the gameplay of the Scarlet Spear far too trivial.
  • 2) Sentients by design have Adaptation - and the diminishing returns on recasting adheres to the adaptive nature of the enemy. 
  • This is not intended to change the way Stasis interacts with other enemy factions.

So I totally understand the change (even though it makes me GRRRR as a person who loves limbo and hates change). My only issue is why is Limbo the only CC frame hit? I understand he's the most popular pick since his rift freezes EVERYONE/freezes projectiles of enemies etc, but why isn't diminishing returns being added to people like Vauban or Gara etc, who have similar displacement abilities that effect Sentients/Amalgams similarly. It's not like Sentients haven't been able to hit him through the rift, or continue to deal damage with abilities despite being frozen (I'm looking at you Concylyst and Battlyst random red ball on the Murex raid). And obviously with these changes those frames will undoubtedly become more popular in Murex Raids. Frost over the Oplink and then Vauban/Gara what have you for control. Is the thought that you're using 2 frames instead of one and so it's okay? If that's the logic then fine but a little more clarity would be nice. For that matter what is the rate of these diminishing returns and how will we know when it's about to end on the Sentients/Amalgams after the initial freeze?

Archived