Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Inaros- Your desired reworks/tweaks/changes

(XBOX)AMONGTHEWEAK

This thread is designed for all things Inaros related in Warframe.

Whether you have a desire for a complete rework, a few small tweak/changes to abilities or stats, or visual changes to Inaros, post them here! Or if you would just like to share with the community why you like Inaros as is and how you like to play Inaros. Share that too!

I will attach the links to other threads (as they are made) relating to other Warframes. I will also attach the Wiki links to each Warframe. Remember to keep this civil and constructive,  don’t just post up that a particular Warframe is trash or that they are terrible without giving reasons as to why they are to you and how you would fix them, and please keep on topic about the particular Warframe that the thread is about.

Inaros WIki

Inaros Wiki

To see the glossary of the "-Your desired reworks/tweaks/changes" threads, click down below. You can also post a list on there of the frames you think need to see some changes

CLICK HERE!

Threads started by fellow players for Inaros (Posting threads by Player Name, click on name to go to thread)

White_Matter

Edited by (XB1)AMONGTHEWEAK

Cast speed and input buffering to allow you to ready or cast abilities during others. (1 during all, 2 during 3 & 4, 4 during 3)
Passive can be legitimately impossible to use with a low Str build. Doesn't need to do more damage, just gain counter dramatically faster.. enemies effected by your abilities while you are down should also aid recovery.
Reduce cost of 3

This may just be me, but I feel 4 does too much damage per tick. You can't really leave up affected enemies to heal the party, as they die too rapidly from this skill. If they're going to die rapidly either way, might as well use the gun, rather than fumbling with slow cast times and risking your armor.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

This may just be me, but I feel 4 does too much damage per tick. You can't really leave up affected enemies to heal the party, as they die too rapidly from this skill.

That is way too stupid, considering 100% of the damage done is returned as healing for everyone.

Well, here's the sandy boy. I might discuss others when I have more free time.

Inaros Changes

A lot of Inaros' abilities fall off when it comes to passive healing since Armor and other DR mechanics reduce the damage they deal. Inaros does have Devour, but standing completely still while eating a single guy and dealing abysmal damage isn't exactly desirable most of the time. It'd be much more preferable for Desiccation and Scarab Swarm to completely ignore Armor and Shields (while changing Scarab's damage to Viral) so their healing is always consistent despite enemy level. 

His Passive also has some serious issues, wherein it's capable of affecting allies (for whatever reason) and doesn't have any actual damage so Inaros can revive himself without a teammate's aid. I understand Inaros dying isn't a very common occurrence, but as levels rise, Inaros very quickly becomes an easy target with only his panic CC and tiny amounts of Ability Damage. Yes, you can easily spam his 1 and get out of most situations, but that starts to happen less and less when you bring in Nullifying units. Making it so his Passive couldn't affect allies but now stole a percentage of enemy Health per second (scaling up to 25% per second if an enemy is right next to the Sarcophagus) makes far more sense, and wouldn't be ridiculous considering that Inaros still needs two kills to Revive and will be forcibly ejected from his Sarcophagus after said kills. If DE's afraid of this making Inaros too effective, you can even make it so enemies have to be affected by his other abilities to really allow Sarcophagus to scale.

How about Sandstorm? Who actively uses that ability? Its damage is downright awful and doesn't scale with the amount of enemies in it or their level, so even with its Augment it's terrible as Inaros' one source of strong ability damage. It doesn't help that it makes all enemies in it almost impossible to hit, and then proceeds to throw everyone and everything across the room in all directions. Thankfully its healing synergy with Devour is still quite strong, but that doesn't justify the massive energy drain over the whole Dessication + Stab Passive mechanic. If its going to stay as an ability that absolutely throttles Inaros' energy bar, I'd expect it to actually do something outside of an Augment and Devour. Making it so its damage ramps up with the amount of enemies picked up (or with enemy level,as it may even require both to be functional) should make Sandstorm more of an option, and it will of course be balanced out by you moving at a snails pace.

Devour in and of itself just isn't worth the effort most of the time, especially considering that its single target and has some pretty long animations. Of course its healing is nice, but that doesn't matter much when you lock yourself in place and deal literal 0's to enemies half of the time. It does at least perform well as a prolonged heal, but again, there are other functions to the ability. Sand Shadows are also a section of the ability that at least offer some aggro draw for Inaros, but considering how hard they are to make (again, thanks to Inaros' poor ability damage), they should be doing more for Inaros, like giving raw DR based on how many are currently active. Then, if you make it so Sandstorm actually had decent damage and used it in conjunction with Devour, you could easily amass an army of Sand Shadows and some free DR to boot. If you made Devour slowly spread to nearby enemies as well (maybe through an Augment, who knows), that should also cut down on needing to spam it for Sandstorm DPS. Hopefully it'll also receive some quicker animations, or at least a quicker drag time for enemies.

Scarab Swarm of course just needs a few mechanic tweaks. Have it so the spread Range is increased to 8 or 10 meters, make it deal raw Viral damage and ignore enemy defenses, and then have enemies hit by Desiccation while being affected by Scarab Swarm incur Viral Procs from any source of damage they take for the remainder of Desiccation's duration. That should make all of Inaros' abilities deal decent damage and buff up all other forms of damage he can dish out, but only for a limited time. Since Viral acts as a raw damage buffer, it'd be great for the healing aspect of his 1 and 4 as well.

Edited by (XB1)Graysmog
  • Like 2

On 2020-04-02 at 1:10 PM, (XB1)XG1anBl4derX said:

That is way too stupid, considering 100% of the damage done is returned as healing for everyone.

Then perhaps the healing should be tied to something less self defeating.

Edited by kapn655321
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, kapn655321 said:

The perhaps the healing should be tied to something less self defeating.

Ahm? No? Seriously do your math homework, test the skills and then go back here. Your suggestion is a complete nerf because his 4th skill has 100% life steal, if you decrease the damage you decrease THE LIFE STEAL.

11 hours ago, kapn655321 said:

This may just be me, but I feel 4 does too much damage per tick. You can't really leave up affected enemies to heal the party, as they die too rapidly from this skill. If they're going to die rapidly either way, might as well use the gun, rather than fumbling with slow cast times and risking your armor.

Unless it had more than 100%, like 300% or 400% your suggestion was a straight up nerf. His skill would never work to heal allies anyways, even with 400% life steal because these same allies are generally too dumb to notice they're healing them so they just kill it anyways, I never even bother about it when I'm on coop.

Edited by (XB1)XG1anBl4derX
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, (XB1)XG1anBl4derX said:

Ahm? No? Seriously do your math homework, test the skills and then go back here. Your suggestion is a complete nerf because his 4th skill has 100% life steal, if you decrease the damage you decrease THE LIFE STEAL.

Unless it had more than 100%, like 300% or 400% your suggestion was a straight up nerf. His skill would never work to heal allies anyways, even with 400% life steal because these same allies are generally too dumb to notice they're healing them so they just kill it anyways, I never even bother about it when I'm on coop.

If it's gaining the party health, I don't care through which mechanism. Make sense? If currently, it's a percentage of life steal for damage dealt, then Not that.. because it's self defeating. What it currently does is completely CC enemies, heal, corrosive, and damage. The damage part makes it hard to build for that to be CC, Heal, and Corrosive.

But, you're welcome to disagree. I'm not interested in fighting with you over opinions and experiences.

• Like 2

I think Inaros should get some tweaks to his skills so that he can sacrifice his survivability in order to benefit the team.
And I think his health draining mechanics from his 4 is a great way to proceed this.

Inaros is great, he's one of the best solo frames to play that can go through any mission given he has the right weapon.

THAT SAID, Most of his power and potential comes from his base stat.
due to this problem he is quite uninteractive, and most importantly, doesn't benefit the team.

What I'd like to suggest is tweaking his more unpopular skills
Mainly sand shadow and sandstorm.

Sandshadow is sadly a forgotten skill.
Not only is it hard to use, but it's so short, weak and flimsy.
I suggest that once Inaros uses devour, he can summon a sand shadow of that enemy without needing to kill him by Devour.
Summoning it will cost a percentage of health from Inaros, and when summoned it will become a taunting beacon, Enemies will focus their fire on these shadows until the shadow dies.
And once they die, they will explode and any enemy near them will become blinded. If Inaros has scarab armor active, then they will fall into a scarab storm state.
More power strength will allow more health to the shadows, more range will increase the range they affect enemies with their taunt and death blow

Sandstorm looks so awesome but is so lacking.
While the easiest solution would be to lower it's energy cost, I'd like a more interesting and lore friendly change. 
In lore, Inaros killed himself while using sandstorm to protect the people of mars(or phobos) but killed himself in the progress.
I suggest simultaneously, Sandstorm will drain Inaros' health. The lower health he has, the faster, stronger, larger sandstrom will be.(More range, speed, dmg reduction, strength)
Instead of flinging, any enemy within range will be sucked into the sandstorm and trapped as a ragdoll in the center of sandstorm.
Any ally who is within sandstorm will benefit from gaining Inaros' armor, dmg reduction and if Inaros has elemental sandstorm, then a flat 50% increase on status chance as well.
When Inaros stops sandstorm, all the clumped enemies will fling toward one direction. The direction Inaros is currently looking at.
More power strength will increase dmg & dmg reduction, more range will increase sandstorm's initial range, efficiency will lower the health cost per sec.

This way the immortal king will have to put his own life at risk in order to protect and benefit his subjects.
At the same time the base build is still intact. IMO Inaros only needs more diversity. Not more power.
Thus I don't really like the idea of turning him to another saryn, but I love the idea of turning him the actual protector

• Like 1

His 1 is perfect. No reason to change it.

His 2 needs work. It should bind an enemy and have them radiate health like dropping a squad health pad. Nobody is going to click on him and the sand drones are too weak to matter.

His 3 is good. It's great for clearing off an area and I enjoy the utility of it. You could buff it by giving status cleanse and immunity when in the 3, which would be great because it would shut down his damage to do so - a fair trade for a very strong frame.

I'd like the strength that Inaros is carrying as a buff from his 4 to give him a range bonus to all of his abilities. Give us a reason to keep it stocked up. Make it hurt when we spend it. And make it hurt even more if we don't spend it at all. He's too static, because he's completely invincible unless I literally fall asleep at the computer. This makes us make choices. It even introduces an additional cost to using Negation Swarm. I'd also like his 4 to recharge 25% with short tap and cast with a long hold, like the timing for Titania's 2. The long hold to build it up makes me reluctant to cast his 4 because it's a pain to recharge.

Just my 2 cents. Looking forward to Sand King Prime.

• Like 1

I agree that Sandstorm needs a little work, but the rest of his abilities are fine as they are.

1. Desiccation aka Pocket Sand does what is says: blinds enemies and open them to finishers. The little healing is just a bonus, no need for more. I used this ability a lot in my early days with a Covert Lethality dagger

2. Devour is like a panic ability. You're health is low and need a quick fill up? You can get that while being invulnerable. Sand clones are not needed.

3. Sandstorm is the one ability i never really used.

4. Scarab Armor is great. It gives you status immunity with the augment, it's a powerful heal (Scarab Swarm) and gives you a bit more survivability with the added armor.

On 2020-04-02 at 9:17 PM, (XB1)Graysmog said:

A lot of Inaros' abilities fall off when it comes to passive healing since Armor and other DR mechanics reduce the damage they deal. Inaros does have Devour, but standing completely still while eating a single guy and dealing abysmal damage isn't exactly desirable most of the time. It'd be much more preferable for Desiccation and Scarab Swarm to completely ignore Armor and Shields (while changing Scarab's damage to Viral) so their healing is always consistent despite enemy level.

Even against enemies lvl 160+, Scarab Swarm still does it's job and heals for ~ 4k hp over 3 seconds with just 4 enemies affected.

Here's a little demonstration:

I also showed you an easy way to deal with Nullifiers, since that was brought up a lot.

On 2020-04-02 at 11:55 PM, (XB1)Graysmog said:

Let's just rephrase that to "enemies with higher damage" then, as that's more what I'm specifically talking about. So Kuva units in Kuva Floods and beyond, for example. Since Inaros' healing starts to falter due to higher enemy Armor and Shields (Scarab Swarm deals Corrosive damage, so it's already at an inherent disadvantage against the Corpus), it becomes harder and harder to keep Inaros alive with his kit alone. Most other healing options do not decrease in strength as enemy levels rise, so I see no reason for Inaros' to do so.

Kuva Flood enemies are under 100 and they don't deal that much damage. They are more an annoyance with those knockdowns, but that's where Negation Swarm comes in.

Edited by Afte3rDark
  • Like 1