Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash- Your desired reworks/tweaks/changes

(XBOX)AMONGTHEWEAK

This thread is designed for all things Ash related in Warframe.

Whether you have a desire for a complete rework, a few small tweak/changes to abilities or stats, or visual changes to Ash, post them here! Or if you would just like to share with the community why you like Ash as is and how you like to play Ash. Share that too!

I will attach the links to other threads (as they are made) relating to other Warframes. I will also attach the Wiki links to each Warframe. Remember to keep this civil and constructive,  don’t just post up that a particular Warframe is trash or that they are terrible without giving reasons as to why they are to you and how you would fix them, and please keep on topic about the particular Warframe that the thread is about.

Ash WIki

Ash Wiki

To see the glossary of the "-Your desired reworks/tweaks/changes" threads, click down below. You can also post a list on there of the frames you think need to see some changes

CLICK HERE!

Threads started by fellow players for Ash (Posting threads by Player Name, click on name to go to thread)

Vexx757 

ES-Flinter

Edited by (XB1)AMONGTHEWEAK

He might not be on the top of the list, Ash needs to be looked at again.

The 1st ability is only good with its augment. Augments should be used as an option and not coz the ability on its own is bad, the 2nd ability could benefit by having better cc and even through ppl say that his invisible is too short I have no issue with it, the 3rd ability has potential to be so much better just of the concept of teleportation alone and the 4th ability is terrible when it comes to activation speed, it`s too slow and other ppl can take your kills (even in low levels) and even more things that make it bad.

Overall Ash is a contradiction to what DE wants ppl to do in this game.... PLAY AS A TEAM, that's why he needs to be looked at again. Here is a ling to my post explaining the probs and the solutions to fix them, tell me what you think. Also if you look in the comment section I mention more things about Ash including my version of improved augments based on my ideas.

People say that Ash is not in a need of a revisit but how I see it, if DE can give over 5 frames changes at the same time (back if feb 2018) then they can doing it again and include Ash in it and give him the revisit he deserves.

Edited by (PS4)Vexx757
  • Like 1

Ash is *fine* but not really outstanding. The problems with him are simply speed and convenience/QoL, because on a fundamental level, he works quite well.

1 - shuriken sucks. Plain and simple. It's damage is too little for the cost. Augment is no longer needed due to armor scaling changes. I only use it to speedrun spy vaults, as they auto hit cameras - that's it.

2 - invisibility. It's excellent, and halves the cost of most his abilities. Low duration, but between skiajati and arcane trickery, you can spam fatal teleport so its all good.

3 - teleport. On its own? Convenient. With augment? Insane. This is an ability that essentialy does "I would like to erase this specific guy. and only this one specific guy. RIGHT NOW." It's super cheap, quite fast, and if spammed, gives I frames. with zenurik you could literally complete an exterminate just by pressing 3. It isnt good against groups when it comes to killing, but it is very safe. With shield gating, it's hilarious: If anything goes wrong, you spam 3. If things go REAL wrong: Press 4 then 3.  Iframes for DAYS.

4 - very respectable damage, bleed procs ignore armor. Odd activation mechanics; not good nor bad, as it is versatile yet easy to use in a hurry. Quite energy efficient in general. Pressing 3 makes you unkiklable for the duration. can kill very hardcore enemies... SLOWLY. It is great in every regard except speed.

thing is... Ash's kit is more an illusion tank than as assassin. He has holograms, goes invisible, goes invulnerable, evades death nonstop. But single target damage (the point of an assassin)... It's bad, really. AMD from nova outclasses his 1, his 3, and his 4.faster, spammable, massive range, higher damage. teleport isn't exclusive to him - though I consider it on par with Nova's far as offense goes - but he otherwise brings little to the game. Gauss, harrow, mesa can obliterate his damage, Loki is like an Ash that sacrifices offense for always-useful utility and team support when ash's offense wasn't stellar to begin with. He offers laughable CC. No team buffs. No objective support. 

if his theme is "Assassin" I would change things in a way that guarantees individual target one hit kills, faster than fatal teleport works. Maybe a "death mark" mechanic, where marked enemies are guaranteed to receive % finisher damage on next hit, where high enough power strength could rise the % to 100%. Or just give the shuriken augment this mechanic. So what if it one hit kills one dude? We're competing with mirage+bramna, vex Chroma + rubico prime. Heck. Trinity has % damage, for crying out loud.

he could also do with more support. Unless his support role is "I kill mooks reeeal fast" which would have to compete with Mesa Prime and Saryn.

I do agree Ash could be better, but I don't see a whole lot of ways you could rework him without losing his identity in the process.

• Like 1