Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hildryn with arcane energize?

Deshiel

Question

If I equip arcane energize on hildryn, whose ult spawns energy orbs A LOT, will the Arcane work when Hildryn steps on it? Since it says on Energy orb pickup which I understand as item pickup rather than energy intake. So it should essentialy make my Hildryn a highly effective energy supplier, is that correct?

22 answers to this question

Next hotfix:

Changed how Arcane Energize works to give double the amount of energy from an energy orb but only to the player with Arcane Energize.

This change is being made because the old way made any mission trivial with Hildryn and we want to make people stop playing Hildryn on missions like we did to Limbo for Scarlet Spear.

(NOTE: I am having too much fun with the whole Limbo Stasis 'fix'...forgive me...I find it funny)

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, GreyDeath789 said:

Next hotfix:

Changed how Arcane Energize works to give double the amount of energy from an energy orb but only to the player with Arcane Energize.

This change is being made because the old way made any mission trivial with Hildryn and we want to make people stop playing Hildryn on missions like we did to Limbo for Scarlet Spear.

(NOTE: I am having too much fun with the whole Limbo Stasis 'fix'...forgive me...I find it funny)

Ye, I wonder who they nerf next. Along with hildryn barrier build there are also mesas who can solo with endless energy from sentient drops

• Like 1

I thought Hildryn couldn't pick up energy orbs, because, with a zero tank, she never had space for them?

Like how it's hard for Rhino to use Health_Conversion.

Otherwise I'd use Arcane_Eruption on her, for the lols.

Edited by TheArcSet

31 minutes ago, TheArcSet said:

Thanks for explaining, I'll start using energise on her now.

(I claimed her last night and haven't wiki dived yet.)

I'm not sure what Energize does for her though. The orbs themselves restore her shields, but the effect of Energize might do nothing (I haven't tested).

4 hours ago, TheArcSet said:

Thanks for explaining, I'll start using energise on her now.

(I claimed her last night and haven't wiki dived yet.)

Energize doesn't boost Hildryn. It boosts her allies that are in range,   but not her.   The orbs give her shield energy and jump start her recharge,  but the arcane does not.   

Arcane Barrier and Arcane Grace are better for Hildryn herself.      Putting energize on her only makes sense if you want to refill teammates.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hyzmarca said:

Energize doesn't boost Hildryn. It boosts her allies that are in range,   but not her.   The orbs give her shield energy and jump start her recharge,  but the arcane does not.   

Arcane Barrier and Arcane Grace are better for Hildryn herself.      Putting energize on her only makes sense if you want to refill teammates.

thats my main reason for it, to refill teammates, to get that Mesa going, etc 🙂

• Like 1

On 2020-04-07 at 12:22 AM, Deshiel said:

Im running Hildryn with R5 Barrier + Energize combo and I am happy with it. My teammates stay safe and steadily supplied with 150energy per proc

You could use pink hat on your hildryn and equally be happy with it. point is,
you shouldn't be giving advises if you don't know enough about subject. It's about proportion - Energize is made for frames with energy pools of hundreds. Hildryns shield pool is massive. Using energize for purpose of protecting hildryn is like trying to put out burning house by glass of water. 

On 2020-04-03 at 6:43 AM, Deshiel said:

Ye, I wonder who they nerf next. Along with hildryn barrier build there are also mesas who can solo with endless energy from sentient drops

In before nerf, don't worry they'll nerf Mesa next so the 4th skill doesn't target sentients, just like capture targets. 😛 😛 

13 hours ago, ThorienKELL said:

You could use pink hat on your hildryn and equally be happy with it. point is,
you shouldn't be giving advises if you don't know enough about subject. It's about proportion - Energize is made for frames with energy pools of hundreds. Hildryns shield pool is massive. Using energize for purpose of protecting hildryn is like trying to put out burning house by glass of water. 

I'm not using energize for myself LOL, its for the squad.