Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Titania Tribute Tweak

(XBOX)KayAitch

Titania's Tribute is much more usable now, but quite clunky to set up and painfully slow.

With this in mind the buffs should be more useful, and one way to do this would be to make them much more shared, like Wisp's.

Currently only Titania can see the buff, and nearby allies get a proportion of her buff while they are close to her. But she's flying around so generally they aren't.

Instead remove the range and instead just make it so that each ally player can see and pick up the buff for themselves. Each player could only pick up each buff once, with their own timer starting from when they pick it up.

This would let Titania swoop in, recharge her Tribute and go back to flying around, while still supporting more grounded teammates.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zhellon said:

Maybe make Titania a flying reservoir?

That would be grand, but also give buffs like crazy, which may well be OP.

1 hour ago, zhellon said:

I would prefer to keep the mechanics of auras

That's grand, but don't you find they mostly don't reach your teammates? Outside defence I find I just rarely close enough for anyone to benefit.

I think if it's intended to be a solo buff then it needs to be cheaper and easier to cast, and if it's intended to have a support element it needs to not be cancelled out by you using your 4 (which it almost always is).

10 hours ago, (XB1)KayAitch said:

That's grand, but don't you find they mostly don't reach your teammates? Outside defence I find I just rarely close enough for anyone to benefit.

I think if it's intended to be a solo buff then it needs to be cheaper and easier to cast, and if it's intended to have a support element it needs to not be cancelled out by you using your 4 (which it almost always is).

The only buff that is needed by my allies is 50% DR. If they're running away from me, they don't need this buff. However, this buff also works on all allies, including stationary allied objects, unlike Wisp buffs, which only work on the warframe. And this is the reason why Titania's current auras are better than if they were like Wisp's.

But there is one problem with auras - they restrict my movement, because I need to be near the defense target. And that's why I'm obsessed with the idea of flying beacons with infinite duration that give auras instead of Titania, but which Titania can carry in her hands one at a time and place them in a way that is advantageous in the current situation, because all auras benefit from this, including +50% bullet spread for enemies where Titania will also benefit from the bonus, because she can keep her distance. This is both what WIsp does, but also what Titania fits in.

40 minutes ago, Hexsing said:

Simple fix to end the clunkiness.  Because tribute is annoying. 

Right now you "tap 2" to cycle and then "hold 2" to fire it off.

Reverse that.

Like Khora's Vinari. 

I think they should just make a setup to never go back to that. If they also make it possible to configure each frame separately, as is done in overwath, this will solve a lot of problems with specific abilities.

2 minutes ago, zhellon said:

I think they should just make a setup to never go back to that. If they also make it possible to configure each frame separately, as is done in overwath, this will solve a lot of problems with specific abilities.

Agreed.

I just find the Hold to Click really clunky.  Most specifically in Razor Wing

If her ability is going to remain the same way, I would fully support the change to allow your allies to pick up the Tribute buff "Souls".

I had actually made a similar thread over a year ago highlighting this change:

2 hours ago, TehGrief said:

I had actually made a similar thread over a year ago highlighting this change

Yeah, the old mechanic was flat busted. The companion buff at least makes it apply to razorflies.

I think they have a huge improvement in the new model, it's nearly there. It just feels a little awkward to use and range based buffs on a mobility frame feel off.

51 minutes ago, (XB1)KayAitch said:
I think they have a huge improvement in the new model, it's nearly there. It just feels a little awkward to use and range based buffs on a mobility frame feel off.

Keep in mind that you have debuffs.