Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

the worst in game Economy

ArkThanatos

for the truth I hated they "Nerf" the Cetus Wisp, they were pose to be droping frequency instead of less.  I still find less Cetus Wisp out the field for why make them rare of type of bs for the whole goal point make it less farming on the AMP YET THEY WANT MAKE IT HELL *rant deleted*.

Edited by ChaoticEdge

14 minutes ago, ArkThanatos said:

not a issue.the Intrinsic system, thats something they should use. its a better system then "here is 30 more materials to farm in a already dead economy" 

And when you run out of intrinsics to level? 

14 minutes ago, Oreades said:

And when you run out of intrinsics to level? 

no im saying use intrinsic rather then add new resources. just have things behind a progression system. no new materials required. 

or alternatively. make replayable gameplay. so doesn't matter if you rush to the end, its replayable an enjoyable. 

1 hour ago, ArkThanatos said:

no im saying use intrinsic rather then add new resources. just have things behind a progression system. no new materials required. 

And the difference between slowly adding new intrinsics and slowly adding new currency? 

if it was me, i'd have a way tor trade resources in. All they would need to do is balance conversion rates. Newer resources of course would have ridiculous conversion rates, but some is better than none. It would reward vets for farming, while not allowing them to completely skip the grind.  

I would also allow trading resources for plat. Not much plat though. Like a 3 year vet could probably trade the bulk of all of their unneeded resources for like 5-10 plat. Not enough to break economy, but enough to make it feel like our resources are worth something. 

Just do away with all the resources and just use our in-game profile time as a currency. What's the difference? It takes time to farm all these things, so just accrue the time playing the game and allow us to spend it directly on things we want to build.

Oh man, the wording would be so confusing! For example, forma costs 20 minutes of profile play time resource to build (but builds in 23 hours).

10 hours ago, ArkThanatos said:

an again, this is because there is nothing to put materials into, trade for. they built a house on bad foundations. an they just keep adding rooms. 

an they dont want people to blitz thru their content. well for 1, its not hard content. 2 half the time it wouldn't matter because its time gated anyways. 3. they only just figured out a progression system. an Etc. 

materials hording stems from the bad economy design, dev fault not players. players blitzing content. Dev fault not players. 
they constantly move the blame to the players as to why they have to do this and bandaid that, 1 new material every now an then wouldn't be bad. adding 20 new materials that have a shelf life. for a game mode with a shelf life... thats bad. 

if content had replayability then the stock piling wouldn't be a issue, if we had something to spend materials on consistently. not a issue.
the Intrinsic system, thats something they should use. its a better system then "here is 30 more materials to farm in a already dead economy" 

if we had stuff to spend it on that gave something back in return, done something for game play. then people would spend the materials. 

DE is constantly blaming players for blitzing content or hording materials.. thats all a by product of their short comings.

as for the stupidity that is the Hema and Sibear. ill sum it up like i did easlier. non scaling resource thats only obtained from 1 game mode. an the other is a very low drop item (1-2) of a rare item that had drop issues after 15 minutes was a pure $&*^ head move. thats also a 1 of resource sink. you dont need to sink rare materials that you have bugger all of into something overly expensive. a resource sink should be for abundant resources, like nano spores. no one would have cared if the hema needed 500k spores. but 5k mutagen samples, when at beast you might get 2-4 (depending on booster an loot frame). hell if i saw the Hema had 800k ferrite, 500k spores and 500 mutagen samples. it be keen as to do that. hell id rank up my clan to make it more challenging. you dont resource sink rare low drop an non scaling stuff. thats not only a resource sink but a time sink. that was just bone headed. 

It’s crazy how they are putting more effort in slowing players down with grind than making quality time worry content. I just did the season 1 and warlords dlc to the division 2. That game has such a good and understandable implementation of modes, resources and systems. I’m as never too lost making builds or changes to core attributes like forma. Killing magus lockdown, venari all while the community waits in dread for the next patch or like me for the Scarlett stain to land is just adding to a running list of DE taking away fun more than adding to it. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Currilicious said:

Last thing we need is consumables that boost stats. I really don't want to open up the can of worms of "rebalancing existing gear to facilitate this game changing mechanics".

if DE had a iota of sense they wouldn't re-balance anything. you just have the costs balanced. an not like 5k mutagen DE grand #*!%wit idea. you take common place items. make it so we sink those in larger amounts into these things, with the lesser resources still be a cost but at a lower amount. having the top tier Dmg power up could take 30k salvage. 15k nano spores, and 10k rubedo, something like that. you aren't going to miss these resources, and they a now sunk into something.  it would make the mid tier power ups common place, cheap enough to run on the regular, and something people are spending alot of materials on. 

alternatively, have a Relic vending machine where we can put in mates an pull out a relic. 
down for this as well. 

The reason we have so many materials is because we dont have other gates in place when new things are released. We dont have ever increasing levels that requires us to grind further to reach a point where we grind gear yet another time and so on. So they do what they can to keep some form of gate, like new materials and rep ladders.

I think I've only felt the "oh no I need to go grind materials!" one time and that was with the drydock release when tellurium was needed. The rest kinda comes in passively or is needed in very small and trivial amounts.

I dont think a power up system would be good, we just dont need any more damn power creep. The game is already in a state where it is in need to be toned down. Imagine that they add power ups, now you are even stronger and now suddenly the rewards are even smaller or you are in need for even more resources next time.