Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Removal Of Alternate Helmet Stats For Additional Mod Slot + Corrupted Mod

AuroraSonicBoom

I feel that with the release of corrupted mods, which mostly consist of the same advantage/drawback combos we see on alternate helmets, there is a window of opportunity to solve the inconsistency problem of alternate helmets with stats.

I would suggest doing one of two things:

A. Give players another polarized "helmet" mod slot together with those corrupted mods that closest resemble the stats of their owned alternate helmets, and remove stats from all alternate helmets.

B. Give players those corrupted mods that closest resemble the stats of their owned alternate helmets, and remove stats from all alternate helmets.

I'm posting this in GD because I'm not 100% convinced that it would work balance wise, so what do you guys think?

Not sure many people would appreciate a change in thier preferred stats combined with a loss of a mod slot to gain them back.

The first suggestion is probably better, although an awful lot of work for such a small change.

What they said they were going to do, is introduce entirely new helms, statless, for players to spend more money on.

Edited by Keltik0ne

It seems to me that it would be better to add more slots for our many useful mods to fit into. So I would love to see "A" as an option. But I have this feeling that it would makes things a little off balance. To me some frames need this. For other frames it would just make them way overpowered.

Regardless, I think this idea should be looked at.

Are you saying, basically, to take helmet stats and convert them into Corrupted Mods? If so, then I support it. I think helmets should be purely cosmetic, and it's probably an even better idea to do that rather than to toggle them.

I think they should add two Corrupted Mod slots, for Corrupted mods only. Similar to Auras, where you can only equip Auras to them, except that they do not add mod points.

Running speed the Rhino helm gives should not be sacrificed for this, so give corrupted mods their own slots or give the helmet stats their own mod slots.

That's right, give helm stats their own slots, just like auras. If slot is polarized, it gives added points.

And give weapons extra slot for faction specific mods.

And give warframes extra slots for resistance or defense mods.

Edited by XDeathCoreX

Are you saying, basically, to take helmet stats and convert them into Corrupted Mods? If so, then I support it. I think helmets should be purely cosmetic, and it's probably an even better idea to do that rather than to toggle them.

Sort of. Basically, replace the stats from all helmets with an additional(polarized or not, corrupted only or not) mod slot.

Alternatively, if the devs don't want to power creep warframes, they can just remove the stats on helmets altogether, since the corrupted mods have every possible stat combo the season 1 and 2 helmets have, as far as I can see.

Alternatively, if the devs don't want to power creep warframes, they can just remove the stats on helmets altogether, since the corrupted mods have every possible stat combo the season 1 and 2 helmets have, as far as I can see.

You didn't look very hard, did you? http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Helmet

There are 27 stat-modifying helmets, all or almost all with different stat combinations, and only 4 corrupted warframe mods. A lot of the helmets most people won't give a S#&$ about (see all the stamina-boosting ones), but there are some, perhaps most notably Vanguard, that people will definitely raise a stink over if the effect gets taken away without a way to replace it.

You didn't look very hard, did you? http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Helmet

There are 27 stat-modifying helmets, all or almost all with different stat combinations, and only 4 corrupted warframe mods. A lot of the helmets most people won't give a S#&$ about (see all the stamina-boosting ones), but there are some, perhaps most notably Vanguard, that people will definitely raise a stink over if the effect gets taken away without a way to replace it.

I honestly didn't even look up all stat combos, but you brought up a great point. The ones nobody gives a damn about wouldn't have a lot of people object anyway. It's all about the power altering mods, which the corrupted warframe mods more or less cover. The only helmet stats that don't have corrupted equivalents are the shield, speed, health, shield, energy and armor ones. However, while removing the helmet stats would lower the max values of some stats on some warframes that are frequently used, you'd get an additional mod slot you could put anything in.

The question here wouldn't be how many people will complained about it, because IMO they wouldn't be valid complaints. It'd be about finding faults in this hypothesis apart from "I don't like less max power/speed/health etc.", something that would break game balance.