Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revert the Wise Razor Stance

ImNephix

2 minutes ago, Prexades said:

I don't care for opinions from people who never used the stance. It was absolutely made worse.

I don't see any signs of an uproar though. You're the only player on forums complaining about the change. I see a couple pre-update complaints about the spinning attack at the beginning of the combo though.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Prexades said:

Would you do me a favor and stop trolling?

Besides the stance really did work better before. It was also changed to how it was before the great failure of 29.5  with the first melee 2.0 updates.

Where do you see the trolling?

Look, there's no posts about it between the patchnotes and your topic:

HNJvYUU.png

And here are the pre-update complaints about the move:

tDawROM.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Prexades said:

I don't care for opinions from people who never used the stance. It was absolutely made worse.

Drop the attitude before you get your own thread locked.

You have absolutely no idea what stances i, or anyone else uses unless you're told otherwise. The stance has now been fixed. Grow up and deal with it.

With Threshing Gain as it is currently, the first part can very often miss 1 or 2 of the 3 hits. Its probably the single biggest reason why 2H Nikana isn't used that often anymore. With it being changed back it gives time to get the treble-hit lined up properly. Ironically, telling this to the person claiming to know more about this stance than everyone else, i now have to make it clear that the reason i said "changed back"  is because this is actually a previous change being Reverted. Wise Razor began with Threshing Gains treble-hit attack being the Last hit in its combo, and that was changed. Poorly. Now its fixed.

I know it may be odd to see your post of unnecessary assumption replied to with cold hard facts and real details, but you'll get used to it, especially  if you keep talking to/about people like that. Especially regarding subjects you clearly lack the knowledge or experience of yourself.

Bye :thumbup:

Edited by (PSN)MYKK678
  • Like 12

Woah now, don't need to get all aggressive at people just replying at your post.
Having different opinions is not a call for war neither a offence to your exsitence.

I myself stopped using Long Swords because the combos feels horrible. Sure, it can do damage, but the ammount of brain damage I get for not going foward with the foward combo or having myself halted in the neutral combo is just not for me.
I honoestly prefer the pre-Melee changes combos for this one, they felt easy to use and had more of a "flow" to them.

Edited by (NSW)Kokojo
typos
  • Like 3

Huh. It really became worse. What's the point of pressing Guard+Attack if it does the same thing with regular Attack?

Use to be one of my favorite stances pre-3.0, and it gets massacred again and again xD

Oh hey, the forward combo is still broken and flings you overshooting/missing your target! Wow.

I know im being kind of an ass, but damn, this is just...

I really, REALLY hope the new stance isnt like this. The spinning animation was it's only saving grace (imo), both visually and mechanically wise.

On 2020-12-08 at 7:44 PM, Prexades said:

"Moved the first attack of Threshing Gain to the last in Wise Razor Stance and adjusted the damage accordingly."

Why did you move the best thing of the Wise Razor stance back to the end of the combo maneuvers? There was plenty of feedback with melee 2.0 that the stance worked better with the attack at the beginning.

Thumbs down for this change.

Agreed 100%

This was 3 steps back, not even 1 forward.

Edited by Kaggelos

DE just listened to what a lot of player (including me) were asking: to revert the changes to threshing gain, by putting the spin attack at the end. 

I actually asked for Wise Razor to have a tactical combo and for that attack to be moved there, so that people could start with it if they wanted to; DE just decided to revert the change made months ago.

They actually did more than that, as the whole combo order is now reversed compared to what it was pre-arcana update.

I see many other people in this thread have explained the reason behind it and let me tell you, just outright ignoring them doesn't make your argument more valid or acceptable.

The change is good, deal with it. 

• Like 2

The issue is that a slow but powerful move at the beginning of a combo that people didn't like.

'Why is there no quick attack when I press E?'

Wise Razor was something different in this regard and when you get used to it, it made even mediocre weapons like the Tatsu good. Now it is broken, because people wanted every stance to be just the same.

Idk what your talking about, I tried it yesterday and it much better than it was before. I suggested this sometime ago, since it`s relevant I'll put this here.

This post is about some improvements and ides melee 3.0 can have.

This is an improvement, it might not be as good as when it 1st came out but it`s better than what it was before and as long as I like it that`s all that matters I hope we see more stance improvements in the future ;) 

• Like 1

It is a terrible downgrade, but I guess some players just want to see a weapon that has exactly one good thing saving them from absolute mediocricity removed.

The weapon is now on the garbage bin and I am sad to have wasted Forma and a Catalyst on it.

• 2 weeks later...

I gave it a test drive when the console Warframe update landed. It pretty much gave the same impression as the rework before: It still felt clunky unless you modded Attack Speed from 1.8-2+ (Berserker is inclusive).

The slight pause/stomp on the downward slash opener to Threshing Grain feels awkward, it only needed the downward slash without the stylistic stomp. Less animations would make it feel more fluid in execution.

Still, I feel that prior to Melee 2.9999~etc/3.0 Wise Razor was where the stance shined the most. The combos in the stance’s execution felt fluid and felt right. It was post rework where combos are dissected and reformulated into Neutral/N. Tactical and Forward/F. Tactical where things fell apart. It became too focused on confining certain movements to the aforementioned inputs that the form factor to the combos felt dull and awkward.

The unfortunate circumstance to all of this is that we have to bolster Attack Speed just to muscle through awkward animations, and in a way it doesn’t have to be like this. It’s weird how melee is remodeled this way for Wise Razor, similarly to how Sovereign Outcast suffered with its animations.

• Like 2

I still consider the stance unusable.

Treshing Grain is the main issue as the spinning attack is now at the end of the combo because some substandard players couldn't handle it. The strikes that were at the end of the combo are now in front and it is extremely clunky and awkward. It is not like this weapon class has another stance I could switch to.

I regret bying a 2hand Nikana Tennogen skin.

• Like 1

Equipped it recently, used the stationary combo - thought I forgot to put on an attack speed mod on it because of how #*!%ing slow it was. Not a fan of the change. But hey, perhaps it will put off so many people that its riven dispo won't tank for a long time lmfao

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Has anyone ever stopped to think that this game is like a living organism? It's been out for years, if DE never changed anything up it would get pretty boring...reworks force players to adapt and overcome. If mod reworks are causing you that much grief, I think maybe it's time to play a new game. I've been playing Warframe for years, and yes I get frustrated at things in this game but I don't let it get to me so much that I make a thread telling the Devs how to do their jobs and try to start a movement to get them to scrap all their work. Something to think about.