Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Avoid Arbi

I just wanna preface that this isn't me asking for help or so, I'm just wanting to get this off my chest. If I get some 2 cents from others, it's appreciated.

Not too long ago, I've unlocked Arbitrations, but I've never tried them, even though I think they have some nice rewards.

Thing is, I don't really feel up for it. I've done some parts of the game that are similar in terms of enemy level, but I never did it alone, usually going for PUGs for this. Because I do struggle with enemies on those levels and upwards.

I simply don't trust myself with Arbis without faceplanting a few seconds after coming into the mission.

I know I have some issues with the game in certain areas (some of them I'm not talking about in an open post)

And again, this is not meant as aking for help, just to let this out.

I know you're not asking for help but hear me out.

While you can trade for most Arbi stuff, you can't trade for all of them and it's a great source of Endo.

Lemme give you a tip.

Set yourself to Solo and only do Defence. This makes you able to pause the game and the Defence Operative will follow you, so you can position him in easy to defend locations.

Next, craft yourself Trinity Spectre and give her Arca Plasmor or Exergis. She will cast heals and give you energy, while doing some decent damage. Next, get the Infested Ancient Spectre from New Loka. It gives everyone damage reduction.

You can easily stay for 30+ waves with any frame like this.

• Like 8

If you can handle sorties, you're squared away for Arbitrations already. Doubly so if you're already using frames that buff themselves to deal with incoming damage rather than debuffing enemies to the same ends.

Even if you take a few lumps, chin up, it's just a game and you're not losin' anything by giving it a shot.

That said, as above, you can choose to skip it and still reap the most mechanically valuable rewards through other means, though it does mean forgoing some of the flashier bits.

vor 1 Minute schrieb (PS4)Sentiel:

I know you're not asking for help but hear me out.

While you can trade for most Arbi stuff, you can't trade for all of them and it's a great source of Endo.

Lemme give you a tip.

Set yourself to Solo and only do Defence. This makes you able to pause the game and the Defence Operative will follow you, so you can position him in easy to defend locations.

Next, craft yourself Trinity Spectre and give her Arca Plasmor or Exergis. She will cast heals and give you energy, while doing some decent damage. Next, get the Infested Ancient Spectre from New Loka. It gives everyone damage reduction.

You can easily stay for 30+ waves with any frame like this.

Thanks. I think I still have some of those ancients in my gear wheel.

It's just that the mode looks so daunting and even with a PUB, I feel I will either hold them back or at best just get dragged along.

I know that sounds kinda pathetic, but past level 60, I get problems with enemies rather fast (I know what people will suggest in that case, but I really don't wanna talk about that topic).

But overall, thanks for the advice. I may not have asked for it, but I appreciate it.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb TheGrimCorsair:

If you can handle sorties, you're squared away for Arbitrations already. Doubly so if you're already using frames that buff themselves to deal with incoming damage rather than debuffing enemies to the same ends.

Even if you take a few lumps, chin up, it's just a game and you're not losin' anything by giving it a shot.

That said, as above, you can choose to skip it and still reap the most mechanically valuable rewards through other means, though it does mean forgoing some of the flashier bits.

Honestly, the rewards I'm most interested in are the flashy ones, the cosmetics and stuff.

And me "handling" sorties is usually getting dragged along by the PUBs I join. I'm not doing this that often anyway; I only joi a sortie on occasion, mostly for Nightwave.

1 minute ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

I know that sounds kinda pathetic, but past level 60,

No need to qualify that to us, your experience is your own. There's a lot about the weapon and mod balance in this game that doesn't come close to doing the job we expect it to do post starchart.

• Like 1

Arbitrations with randoms are alright. As any PUG sometimes it can be bad, you can just use "Ignore" function in chat or /i command, after accumulating long enough ignore list they tend to become better. Most of the time no one cares how you perform, it's a game with randoms, people go there prepared to solo and no one gives a S#&$ or expect anything from anyone. If you happen to match up with stinky - again, just use "Ignore" feature, works every time.

When you get used to arbitrations, they are actually very easy and boring. I don't even play them past 20 waves anymore because Adaptaion doesn't drop after that point and the rest of rewards i either already have or don't need. Good luck.

vor 4 Minuten schrieb kapn655321:

No need to qualify that to us, your experience is your own. There's a lot about the weapon and mod balance in this game that doesn't come close to doing the job we expect it to do post starchart.

Thank you for those words.

I do feel somewhat pathetic for being kinda weak compared what I see from others (and somewhat miserable that I ca't really talk about this more openly thanks to some less than stellar experiences).

14 minutes ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

Thanks. I think I still have some of those ancients in my gear wheel.

It's just that the mode looks so daunting and even with a PUB, I feel I will either hold them back or at best just get dragged along.

I know that sounds kinda pathetic, but past level 60, I get problems with enemies rather fast (I know what people will suggest in that case, but I really don't wanna talk about that topic).

But overall, thanks for the advice. I may not have asked for it, but I appreciate it.

Don't PUB then and play alone. It's better to play that way to learn your enemies and how to fight them. It's also less laggy and you can work with aggro.

If you lose, you lose. It's a part of the game, so don't be daunted by it. Good thing about Arbitrations is that even if you lose you still keep the rewards!

I used to have issues with level 60 enemies as well. ☺️

No shame in that.

As you get better, gather better gear, upgrade it and get more used to it, you will scoff at those very same enemies. It just takes time, like everything in Warframe. 😉

Edited by (PS4)Sentiel
  • Like 1

vor 4 Minuten schrieb 32768:

Arbitrations with randoms are alright. As any PUG sometimes it can be bad, you can just use "Ignore" function in chat or /i command, after accumulating long enough ignore list they tend to become better. Most of the time no one cares how you perform, it's a game with randoms, people go there prepared to solo and no one gives a S#&$ or expect anything from anyone. If you happen to match up with stinky - again, just use "Ignore" feature, works every time.

When you get used to arbitrations, they are actually very easy and boring. I don't even play them past 20 waves anymore because Adaptaion doesn't drop after that point and the rest of rewards i either already have or don't need. Good luck.

I've nevver needed ignore so far. Because I don't use VC and I most certainly won't see any of these people I played with ever again.

And yeah, PUGs can be quite a hit or miss, I've experienced this before. Yet, I still use matchmaking as a primary source for teamfinding. Because solo only takes me so far and recruit chat take forever to get me a response from someone who actually wants to play.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb (PS4)Sentiel:

Don't PUB then and play alone. It's better to play that way to learn your enemies and how to fight them. It's also less laggy and you can work with aggro.

If you lose, you lose. It's a part of the game, so don't be daunted by it.

I never solo any higher level endless missions (I don't even solo any of those past Jupiter or Europa).

And if I loose, I'd probably stay away from the mode or the node for quite a while. Because failing missions can get me quite bummed (I feel I'm somewhat allergic to the 'mission failed' screen). The higher the mission level, the higher the chance that it fails if I am solo.

I just recently dealt with my 2nd Lich and I can tell you, it took me quite a lot of attempts on those murmur farms because it was just as likely that I use up all my revives than to clear the mission. THat's why I almost only choose exterminate to farm those.

I gotta say that I main Rhino, but even with Ironclad Charge, my Iron Skin often melts faster than I can blink.

11 minutes ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

Yet, I still use matchmaking as a primary source for teamfinding.

Yeah, playing with other people is the way to go, but with randoms no one should expect or demand anything from anyone, there is premade for that. If it isn't so then you're just in a wrong PUG, don't take it too close to your heart.

• Like 1

I applaud your resolve. I don't know if I'd have that myself. (I'd probably fall off trying it for months)

thing is, these rounds were weeks apart. I'd get curb stomped, and quit for awhile. eventually I'd had enough time to mull it over, realize my mistakes, come up with solutions, and i'd try again. ive learned enough from it that every so often Ill solo 15 minutes/15 waves/etc. I could probably do more, but I find most endless missions so dreadfully boring.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Miser_able:

thing is, these rounds were weeks apart. I'd get curb stomped, and quit for awhile. eventually I'd had enough time to mull it over, realize my mistakes, come up with solutions, and i'd try again. ive learned enough from it that every so often Ill solo 15 minutes/15 waves/etc. I could probably do more, but I find most endless missions so dreadfully boring.

To me, it's not so much boring as I fear that I can't handle stuff alone, even Saturn. Hence why I never go solo to Helene (also because I get more affinity and it's easier to open relics with more people).

Amd I know there are some issues that I've already identified, but I can't really deal with all of them (there is a particular issue, I'm stuck for quite a long time).

To me, it's not so much boring as I fear that I can't handle stuff alone, even Saturn. Hence why I never go solo to Helene (also because I get more affinity and it's easier to open relics with more people).

Amd I know there are some issues that I've already identified, but I can't really deal with all of them (there is a particular issue, I'm stuck for quite a long time).

well, I'd suggest (if you want of course) you hop into a solo arbi with some gear you think might work, just to test how well they damage you, and you damage them, then adapt to what you learned, like changing a few mods or arcanes, then hop into region chat, and see if anyone is willing to help you through your first run.

Alternatively, use Limbo and cast banish on the defence target if you try that in arbies. That way the target is invincible and you can take your time killing the hordes without worrying about having to revive the target, and should  the need arise and the target get downed, limbo can revive him from the rift, the target as well as other players, keeping you safe while reviving someone.

Can be a good way to get to know Arbies.

Edited by Reican

vor 1 Minute schrieb Miser_able:

well, I'd suggest (if you want of course) you hop into a solo arbi with some gear you think might work, just to test how well they damage you, and you damage them, then adapt to what you learned, like changing a few mods or arcanes, then hop into region chat, and see if anyone is willing to help you through your first run.

I don't have that many arcanes, only the cheap ones from the Teralyst and what you get from Nightwave.

And with mods - i don't wanna talk about it here - at least not outside of DM.

At this point, I'm much too scared to just jump in.

vor 8 Minuten schrieb Reican:

Alternatively, use Limbo and cast banish on the defence target if you try that in arbies. That way the target is invincible and you can take your time killing the hordes without worrying about having to revive the target, and should  the need arise and the target get downed, limbo can revive him from the rift, the target as well as other players, keeping you safe while reviving someone.

Can be a good way to get to know Arbies.

I know Limbo is a good frame, but I usually go with tanky ones like Rhino because others feel too squishy on higher levels.

Just solo them with literally any stealth frame.

It's impossible to die as loki if nothing ever actually shoots at you. Grab your favorite melee weapon with a nice hybrid build and go try a survival mission.