Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corinth Prime Compromise

(XBOX)KayAitch

I understand the Prime reload changes. It's a compromise between some real balance issues:

Secondary fire is basically a more effective Ogris, using more ammo per shot vs buckshot and having a higher ammo count is a real nice way around that.

However, if the new Corinth Prime reloaded a mag of 20 the way the original did it would take over 9s to fill a clip, which is crazy.

But it's also painful for a lot of us who used the Corinth a lot and had the firing rhythm as muscle memory. It feels broken to us, and it feels like the weapon has lost some personality.

Yeah, even though a clip of 20 on a one-shot-one-kill crit shotgun is objectively better.

So, a change that might keep old fans happy:

- Run out of ammo, try to fire and the current reload happens

- Tap reload and the current reload happens

- Press and hold reload and you put one shell in at a time as long as you hold it.

- On this press and hold mode keep the reload timing from the base Corinth, so 2.3s would load 5 shells, full reload in 9.2s.

This would keep the personality of the Corinth, keep the sustained fire for the old players who syncopated with it, but also keep the improved utility without creating an overpowered launcher.

• Like 2

What i really miss in corinth prime was the gas effect when hitting targets with secondary shot...the manual detonation to me is a downgrade.

The effect its now invisible bubble ....its sux!

Manual detonation is usefull for grenade launchers like penta....

Edited by Luciole77
  • Like 1