Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nova Atomica color regions are way too bright

Vespilan

The coloring regions of the Nova Atomica skin are way too bright making it really hard to fashion her as everything that is not near completely black will get way over-brightened. I have shown only the primary channel in the video but this applies to everything non-metalic.
Also her metalics are not on accents but on secondary, which was probably an oversight but isn't as dramatic as the above.

• Like 3

This colouring issue also prevents combining other helmets, nor bodies with the head.

unknown.pngunknown.png 

In addition to this, the skin's neck, while looking way too thin for its own head, doesn't physically fit other skin heads either.

unknown.png?width=740&height=275

And that without even getting to what really bothers me about it

HTUWnR1z_400x400.jpg

I feel like the quality of DE's work has just gone down. It's kinda saddening to see really. 

While the concept of the skin looks great, it seems too plastic-y, one color channel dominates, the colors appear over-saturated and bright, and the lines seem really rough (especially near face of the helmet). 

I'm not sure why but over the past year a lot of assets being added into the game just have poor quality (not artistically, but grapically) in general. 

I hope they go back and polish her skin up along with basically everything else with these issues as well as improve their quality control. 

Won't be using this skin at all in the future.

7 hours ago, WarriorSoundwave said:

I feel like the quality of DE's work has just gone down. It's kinda saddening to see really. 

Let alone the fact we were initially shown something COMPLETELY different
Warframe Tennocon 2019 recap: Warframe content updates and ...

Buuuut thats really a discussion for another topic. The materials bug me and they should be changed to be usable. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Vespilan said:

Buuuut thats really a discussion for another topic. The materials bug me and they should be changed to be usable. 

Yes. Look at the concept with all of the little floating shards and deep details on her. She looks all fragmented with the only thing holding her together being energy. Now that I see what we were originally supposed to get, I want my plat back. 

Concept art always looks better than in-game models but this is just something else. This is what happens when you rush out deluxe bundles one after another. 

I don't even want to see how rushed and under pressure the art team is because I know they can do a lot better than this. Even Prime access has gone down in quality and it's driving me nuts.

Edited by WarriorSoundwave

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020-04-05 at 10:30 AM, Vespilan said:

And best part is that they don't really have an excuse for saying that floating stuff can't be done because Harrow Reliquary exist

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

On 2020-04-19 at 6:44 PM, TheArQu said:

And best part is that they don't really have an excuse for saying that floating stuff can't be done because Harrow Reliquary exist

Atlas Karst exists too. But I like Nova Atomica! Someone gifted me the collection for my Birthday on the 14th, and I made her look like she’s wearing a Hazmat Suit!