Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts On 10.3

Sixty5

Firstly I'd like to start off by saying that apart from the points I go into here I give this update two massive thumbs up. New layouts, amazing. New mods, diverse. Bug-Fixes, awesome!

But what I really want to talk about here is the one, single thing that I do not like about this game at the moment.

The data encryption that was added. 

Now there is already a topic about this, and I suggest you have a skim over it, the pros and cons are developed in much more detail there, have a look here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/118039-encrypted-drop-tables/

My problem with this is mainly due to the fact that the patch notes that we get are incomplete AND do not give values.

For instance

- Increased critical hit chance on the Grakata

This does not tell you anything, it could have gone up by 1% or 20%, you don't know. Sure there are the in-game stats, but these same stats say that the Glaive deal 75 base charge attack damage.

Also things like the uncapped fire rate of continuous weapons being fixed in 10.2 not being mentioned. 

I don't care about increased grind or RNG, hell I'll bet some people have all the new mods already. 90% of the negativity towards updates is peoples own feelings about change, myself included, we want the game to be like what we are used to, personally a part of me is still stuck pre-U8.

One of the best examples of how to do patch note is from the ME3 MP team, where the notes stated the exact changes, with values

Krysae Sniper Rifle
- Can no longer hold the fire button to zoom in the scope - now fires instantly
- This fixes an infinite Missile Launcher exploit

Widow Sniper Rifle
- Damage increased from [867-1083.8] to [997-1246.3]

Krysae Sniper Rifle
- Damage increased from [429-548] to [493.4-616.8]

Kishock Sniper Rifle
- Damage increased from [774.5-968.1] to [890.7-1113.4]
- Percentage of total damage that is done as bleed damage increased from 33% to 40%
- Bleed damage duration reduced from 10 to 5 seconds (the same damage is spread over a shorter duration)

That is just an extract from one of the balance changes. Stuff is just well explained, and nothing is missed out. 

Wheras the patch notes we got included stuff like 

• Balanced Nova’s Molecular Prime ability for Conclaves only.

This tells us nothing about how it was changed. Was it nerfed or buffed? How much was it changed?

And even still datamining was allowed, by a company owned by EA (need I say more?)

Like I said, I can live with any change as long as the game remains fun to play, but just having the ability to see what is really going on helps the player understand both why the changes were mad, and shows the magnitude of said change.

If DE said:

"Molecular Prime damage and radius reduced" 

can you imagine the outcry?

However if the notes instead read:

"Molecular Prime base damage reduced form 400 to 375, Radius reduced from 25m to 22m"

People would still be upset, but they'd be able to see that the nerf was extremely minor, and there would be less rage here.

I know that Warframe is DE's baby, and no parent wants to see their baby stripped naked for the world to see, but not giving your players (and customers) a proper account of what is happening is not a good operating strategy.

Honesty is the best policy, and by hiding things you just prove that you have something to hide.

So this is my plea, for either more comprehensive patch notes and/or the removal of data encryption.

You're a lot more understanding than I am.  DE refuses to document anything about their game, and now we the players can't document anything either. 

The datamined loot tables were one of the best things to happen to this game.  The fact that DE doesn't understand this makes me instantly lose all hope for where Warframe is headed.  Its truly hard to believe that they could be this clueless about their players.

I got my $100 worth out of this game, so I'm not bitter.  Just hoped for more.

I have a huge backlog of games to check out and play, and now I'll finally have the time for them.

Ey 65. Been awhile.

On topic : Make it shorter, no one(you know full well) likes to read long swindly stuff.

I don't know how much it will help when a nerf comes, since it's been Warframe's history to complain when something you dislike happens.

I would definitely prefer quicker results and some 'official' comprehensive/detailed notes as compared to waiting for dataminers to stick it on wikia.

(I can also see the charm of the more archaic gaming style of just 'playing by gut', too)

Edited by LadyScootaloo

You're a lot more understanding than I am.  DE refuses to document anything about their game, and now we the players can't document anything either. 

The datamined loot tables were one of the best things to happen to this game.  The fact that DE doesn't understand this makes me instantly lose all hope for where Warframe is headed.  Its truly hard to believe that they could be this clueless about their players.

I got my $100 worth out of this game, so I'm not bitter.  Just hoped for more.

I have a huge backlog of games to check out and play, and now I'll finally have the time for them.

It's not that I'm understanding (even though I am to a degree) it is more to do with the fact that I really just don't give a damn. If an game if fun I'll play it, simple as that. 

Of the two I'd definitely prefer the more comprehensive patch notes, makes things more accessible for all, and will reduce rage.

Ey 65. Been awhile.

On topic : Make it shorter, no one(you know full well, likes to read long swindly stuff)

I don't know how much it will help when a nerf comes, since it's been Warframe's history to complain when something you dislike happens.

I would definitely prefer quicker results and some 'official' comprehensive/detailed notes as compared to waiting for dataminers to stick it on wikia.

Trust me that is watered down. My update 10 thoughts post was 1.8k words long.

And I'll agree with the notes over mining ^. 

Also people will complain about anything, and really it's more the fact that if people understand why a nerf happened they'll be less mad (maybe?)

First off, thank you so much for this not being a vault topic again. Secondly, yes, they need to get rid of that lock or tell us everything. Anything from now is basically guess work, with no real definitive numbers.

Funny thing is the hardcore Dataminers will still crack it.

And no problem. I find the Vaults fun.