Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(PS4)Hopper_Orouk

Now that enemy scaling is fixed, viral and our unbelievable damage output need nerfing?

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

 

Ok so i'm a casual because i don't want the game to be extremely boring and am seeking for a solution to balance enemy level and our damage output?

Ok then...i guess you like busted Viral damage that kills a nerfed version of our already weak list of enemies in 0.5 seconds 

If anything you guys are what's ruining the game at the moment 

If you want the game to be "challenging" just use unmodded weapons, enemies will instantly become harder to kill, that will give you the experience that you seek, the rest of the playerbase doesn't have to pay because some players think that enemies are "too easy"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it would be so cool to be 'forced' to use the appropriate WEAPON against different types of enemies (and faction), but I guess we'll never get there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

Impact can finally be useful as an insta kill proc, that is also useful to proc parazon mods, but enemies right now die way too quickly

Add that Viral is too powerful in its current state

I used Viral extensively before the change because it was the best proc for every faction for indirectly deal double damage

but now it's too powerful 

There is no challenge currently in warframe...

 

I don't know how can DE solve this as they just buffed our melee, primary and secondary weapons within 3 years 

Nerfing them back wouldn't make sense

But currently the only challenge we have is time gated events and excessive grind

I agree with you. But honestly the overpowered viral procs are more like drops of water in the ocean of Power creep that is WF. Even if DE nerfs it, it wont change the state of the game that you described above. At this point the only solution is WF 2, with a completely new combat system designed from scratch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Wanting to be able to kill enemies is a bad thing? Last I checked the name of the game was Warframe, not dontkillthingsframe.

Also, is how anybody can say Viral is a problem as it is an easy to obtain damage type that can be applied to literally any weapon. It’s something that’s available to everyone, and some something that’s exclusive to one single frame or weapon.

The issue is balance here. and as someone who's the literal definition of a "hardcore player" i agree with op. Viral is wayy to strong in its current state. corrosive got a major nerf as in man situations if you can output more heat procs corrosive isnt needed and actually worse for fighting grineer or corrupted heavies. the other elements are still not needed and are "meh at best" gas is in a worse state then it was.calling someone a casual and tying to dismiss ones argument because you dont agree with their op isnt constructive. that like me saying you're bad at the game if there was an actual challenge presented. ( does it pertain to what were talking about ? no) @0_The_F00l had some great ideas ! and constructive feedback 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, --END--Rikutatis said:

I agree with you. But honestly the overpowered viral procs are more like drops of water in the ocean of Power creep that is WF. Even if DE nerfs it, it wont change the state of the game that you described above. At this point the only solution is WF 2, with a completely new combat system designed from scratch.

i wouldnt say wf 2 persay. but gutting alot of powercreep at this point is needed if they would like balance. 😄 i just need them to let me know so i can stop playing for good if they would like to go full on powercreep because seeing them take steps at balance is at least interesting to watch 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

“Let’s nerf our damage output and completely nullify the purpose of the enemy armor nerf”
 

You’re just actively seeking to ruin the game now. And I don’t appreciate it.

Good morning!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Diavoros said:

If you want the game to be "challenging" just use unmodded weapons, enemies will instantly become harder to kill, that will give you the experience that you seek, the rest of the playerbase doesn't have to pay because some players think that enemies are "too easy"

This is an asinine suggestion. Don't speak for me. Everyone and their grandma knows that a good difficulty curve must be part of sensible game design.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

You're more than welcome to stay in a mission for more than 15 minutes and you can also remove some of your mods instead of trying to ruin the game for such a small issue.

hi endurance player here staying past an hour dosent solve the difficulty curve as they've nerfed enemy accuracy! shield gating makes my frames stay alive longer than they already do and why should i have to remove mods to get a challenge? Why shouldn't De be able to give the players a challenge ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s hard for DE because nerfing or buffing the damage system will trigger a large sum of people (usually meta addicts) and they may threaten DE by leaving or expose them to some big media outlet to revert those changes. We can already see people’s frustations with Warframe Revised changes.

I’ve checked D2 forums, everytime bungie wants to butcher the meta the forums go full Nuclear Meltdown. Warframe community is no different. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

Impact can finally be useful as an insta kill proc, that is also useful to proc parazon mods, but enemies right now die way too quickly

Odd opening line, so impact is finally not useful since enemies die too fast?
 

11 hours ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

There is no challenge currently in warframe...

Is there supposed to be? Was there ever a challenge? Are the enemies meant to just be hordes to wipe as you painfully grind the 1% drop chance thing you want, or is the game meant to be difficult and thus reward you when you overcome difficulty?

There are rhetorical questions so don't feel the need to answer. I don't think even the devs know the answer, there is almost no consistency with the decisions made.

 

11 hours ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

But currently the only challenge we have is time gated events and excessive grind

You write currently, when was it different? It's always been like this. There's always been a meta, there's always been a time gate and grind.


This post is nothing new so no, there is no need for damage nerfing. We would need some actual rewarding content, or some new form of AI which actually asks you to play smart instead of play AoE. Once we have player skill as a trade for reward, it makes sense to balance the frames and damage output. For now It's a mindless grind of you vs RNG, not a challenging game at its core.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Enemy scaling is not completely fixed, you can still get instantly killed, it now takes 2 shots instead of 1, not sure how the accuracy split has been made because I can get sniped through cracks while taking cover, in fact most enemy weapons seem to have spread removed when their level is high enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

The issue is balance here. and as someone who's the literal definition of a "hardcore player" i agree with op. Viral is wayy to strong in its current state. corrosive got a major nerf as in man situations if you can output more heat procs corrosive isnt needed and actually worse for fighting grineer or corrupted heavies. the other elements are still not needed and are "meh at best" gas is in a worse state then it was.calling someone a casual and tying to dismiss ones argument because you dont agree with their op isnt constructive. that like me saying you're bad at the game if there was an actual challenge presented. ( does it pertain to what were talking about ? no) @0_The_F00l had some great ideas ! and constructive feedback 

Ok seriously how the actual f*** is Viral over powered? It’s not like I can just throw it on the Stug and suddenly it can one shot level 20 bajillions. It’s an incredibly well balanced stacking balance increase. And honestly, it’s how DE should’ve handled CO instead of making it worthless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Ok seriously how the actual f*** is Viral over powered? It’s not like I can just throw it on the Stug and suddenly it can one shot level 20 bajillions. It’s an incredibly well balanced stacking balance increase. And honestly, it’s how DE should’ve handled CO instead of making it worthless.

Before patch viral was strong a prime example is my daikyu build. beforehand yes viral halfed enemy health and slash would tick into it. but along with status changes and the new way viral works along with slash it performs way better then it ever was. considering i now have 103 status and 170 something crit on my daikyu up until late late late in survival thats all i need.... for anything in the game. there is no need to re purpose my build. being a daikyu fanatic ive tried it with other weapons primary slash based weapons and some impact based weapons and it still over performed above all other status procs when it came down to endurance.no i didnt go into the simulacrum i spent all of day before yesterday testing my findings among

Daikyu Hate Dread Broken war Shedu Bramma Tiberon prime soma prime Cornith (not prime) Tigris prime santic Tigris Lanka Rubico Tiberon Nikana Skiajiti Anku ( and much more you get the point) and amongst each other combination Viral ouperformed them unless its a really niche situation. (ie bringing ash to any mission where an enemy has armor you can just mod for more flat out dmg and be fine or crit as they have no armor really after SS or Frames with heavy heavy heavy armor strip as Then status dosent matter because they have weak resistance to everything at that point.) outside of Niche combinations with frames again Viral was the most optimized for all Factions Short of Sentients. even in Rj its true to that. Enemies with inate Resistance to Viral are taking more of an effect towards it than their damage types they are weak against. Also heat shouldnt be as strong as corrsosive. esp since Corrupted heavies are resistant to it ( if im wrong please correct me) and even heat in many tested situations well past 120 now are doing better then corrosive. so yess for the sake of balance viral is way to strong as it can be used to bypass the point of building any other damage type to fight other factions. Why build what their weak against?? when you can build viral ??? That  defeats the purpose of having factions elemental resistances. Thats the point of viral being too strong . why would heat being more effective than in more situations than corrsive the more expensive and the stronger at armor stripping supposdely against heavy gunners? why build magnetic or rad when you can just build viral and slash? the objective is to make it so every element is viable (yes not every element is broken but useable for their content) not so that only one or two elements can dominate the meta  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Before patch viral was strong a prime example is my daikyu build. beforehand yes viral halfed enemy health and slash would tick into it. but along with status changes and the new way viral works along with slash it performs way better then it ever was. considering i now have 103 status and 170 something crit on my daikyu up until late late late in survival thats all i need.... for anything in the game. there is no need to re purpose my build. being a daikyu fanatic ive tried it with other weapons primary slash based weapons and some impact based weapons and it still over performed above all other status procs when it came down to endurance.no i didnt go into the simulacrum i spent all of day before yesterday testing my findings among

Daikyu Hate Dread Broken war Shedu Bramma Tiberon prime soma prime Cornith (not prime) Tigris prime santic Tigris Lanka Rubico Tiberon Nikana Skiajiti Anku ( and much more you get the point) and amongst each other combination Viral ouperformed them unless its a really niche situation. (ie bringing ash to any mission where an enemy has armor you can just mod for more flat out dmg and be fine or crit as they have no armor really after SS or Frames with heavy heavy heavy armor strip as Then status dosent matter because they have weak resistance to everything at that point.) outside of Niche combinations with frames again Viral was the most optimized for all Factions Short of Sentients. even in Rj its true to that. Enemies with inate Resistance to Viral are taking more of an effect towards it than their damage types they are weak against. Also heat shouldnt be as strong as corrsosive. esp since Corrupted heavies are resistant to it ( if im wrong please correct me) and even heat in many tested situations well past 120 now are doing better then corrosive. so yess for the sake of balance viral is way to strong as it can be used to bypass the point of building any other damage type to fight other factions. Why build what their weak against?? when you can build viral ??? That  defeats the purpose of having factions elemental resistances. Thats the point of viral being too strong . why would heat being more effective than in more situations than corrsive the more expensive and the stronger at armor stripping supposdely against heavy gunners? why build magnetic or rad when you can just build viral and slash? the objective is to make it so every element is viable (yes not every element is broken but useable for their content) not so that only one or two elements can dominate the meta  

If you expect me to register any form of information from that wall of text, you’re expecting far too much from me.

Viral is fine, and nerfing it because a couple people think being strong means it’s OP and needs to be nerfed into the ground is dumb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

If you expect me to register any form of information from that wall of text, you’re expecting far too much from me.

Viral is fine, and nerfing it because a couple people think being strong means it’s OP and needs to be nerfed into the ground is dumb.

if you'd read the text you'd see the explanation as to why people are disagreeing and why its too strong. 
 

but i guess a forum where you're reading topics makes no  true sense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd love difficulties added to the game. I don't care if the the rewards were the same but being able to have a harder mission if I want to would be nice. Once you have a "meta" build there's really no challenge left in the game anymore. Farming out arcanes when you don't actually need them for anything is just sad really.

 

Old weapons that were once good have been left forgotten while new weapons fit the current meta much better. Everything is mostly tied to kill speed or avoiding the enemies completely for maximum gains.

I guess I just miss ODD squads and synergy with other warframes besides pressing 4 to win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I was always a supporter of removing Damage enhancing mods (and making it innate to the weapons leveling)

And making elemental effects replace damage instead of add multiplicative damage.

Along with a few other unpopular suggestion about the mechanics of Multi shot and status effects.

.

Its good it’s not in the game. If you can’t read into why this is bad it’s eaay.

1 gun and only 1 can output top DPS in your game. 1 melee 1 secondary. 1 best elemental combo. Mods and rivens don’t do anything. A core Warframe feature is removed and we all use the same equipment.

game goes from a slight problem to a massive one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

i'm gonna answer each comment here respectively...

clearly you have no idea what balance is

It’s a PVE game. IDK how giving every player access to a good damage type to put on any weapon is grounds for nerfing things. It honestly just sounds like you want to turn Warframe into Ultra Nightmare Doom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Redfeather75 said:

Digital Extremes developers could make it so heat status effect removes viral stacks over time? Cold status effect prolong viral duration? Gas status effect spreads viral stacks to new enemies?

So you’re basically suggesting that status effect cancel each other out. That honestly a worse idea that nerfing Viral.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

but now it's too powerful 

There is no challenge currently in warframe...

It's working as intended: the power creep is real, but it's contained.

New players aren't allowed to use meta weapons. Literally, they're mastery locked. And the enemies they mastery rank up are the old enemies, the standard Grineer, Corpus, and Infested.

Then the noobs rank up, unlock power creep weapons, unlock more mods, and unlock missions with stronger enemies like Sentients and Railjack

So no, you will have no challenge in older content, you unlocked the ability to bypass the challenge already

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

 

New players aren't allowed to use meta weapons.

My Mr8 nephew has a kuva bramma. Multiple newbros in my clan do as well. I wouldn't call MR 5 players "contained" at all. Anyone that plays for a few weeks could get kuva weapons which are extremely "meta".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

It's working as intended: the power creep is real, but it's contained.

New players aren't allowed to use meta weapons. Literally, they're mastery locked. And the enemies they mastery rank up are the old enemies, the standard Grineer, Corpus, and Infested.

Then the noobs rank up, unlock power creep weapons, unlock more mods, and unlock missions with stronger enemies like Sentients and Railjack

So no, you will have no challenge in older content, you unlocked the ability to bypass the challenge already

alot of strong weapons are for lower to mid mrs as well. collecting mods and or trading isnt hard so a newer player can be just a deadly as a long time player. we didnt bypass the challenge cause there isnt any. its just gear checks and status or damage immunity 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

we didnt bypass the challenge cause there isnt any. its just gear checks and status or damage immunity 

Which I am well aware of, but that's another topic

 

7 minutes ago, zakaryx said:

My Mr8 nephew has a kuva bramma. Multiple newbros in my clan do as well. I wouldn't call MR 5 players "contained" at all. Anyone that plays for a few weeks could get kuva weapons which are extremely "meta".

Those things are MR 5?! Ok then, I stand corrected, DE just screwed up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...