Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corinth Prime is a straight downgrade

Prexades

You sound like a real noop. The Weapon is more technical, which means it has a skill ceiling, which means how you use the weapon determines how good it will be, which means you don't have the trigger fingers to handle such a beautiful weapon go back to the regular Corinth if you have a problem.

• Like 28

Corinth Prime is like Aksomati Prime: disappointing because it is barely an upgrade, but gets away with it because the base weapon is good. I honestly don't think Corinth Prime is a downgrade, and it isn't nearly as disappointing as Zhuge Prime, but it is certainly lackluster as a Prime and barely feels different from the vanilla counterpart.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 13

This sounds like more like a you problem.

I am having a good time with Corinth Prime because my experience from previous FPS games allowed me to made this weapon my new main primary. Also who doesn't love that good reload sounds.

I actually prefer the manual detonation because it makes the airburst more practical in close quarters combat and with self damage gone I don't have to worry about killing myself.

And yeah, Corinth Prime isn't Corinth 2.0. It's more like Corinth 1.1. The normal corinth is already a meta shotgun, so it doesn't need any more buffs or we will have to face crybabies that will only lead to the weapon's nerf.

Edited by DrivaMain
  • Like 21

I havent really gotten it yet so my views are theoretical and not practical,

But i dont see how its a downgrade?

stat wise the only difference is the magazine and reload (hello tactical reload my old friend , sobek is not your only good shotgun now) on the primary,

The Alt i dont want to comment on  directly -it seems more powerful , but the utilization needs to be properly observed so a theoretical view wont work. but we have similar weapons as the penta and they work well enough ... kinda.

Feels more in line with the changes between the opticor and the vandal variant? a side grade ?

I am actually happy it isnt stupidly powerful now to be nerfed later , maybe DE is finally reigning in the power creep.

1 minute ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I havent really gotten it yet so my views are theoretical and not practical,

But i dont see how its a downgrade?

stat wise the only difference is the magazine and reload (hello tactical reload my old friend , sobek is not your only good shotgun now) on the primary,

The Alt i dont want to comment on  directly -it seems more powerful , but the utilization needs to be properly observed so a theoretical view wont work. but we have similar weapons as the penta and they work well enough ... kinda.

Feels more in line with the changes between the opticor and the vandal variant? a side grade ?

I am actually happy it isnt stupidly powerful now to be nerfed later , maybe DE is finally reigning in the power creep.

Spam buckshot mentality vs precision burst weapon it seems like.

Seems like a playstyle, skill, ammo economy, tactical value per tileset set of variables.

On left is Corith and on right Corinth Prime, tell me how exactly how the falloff make it a downgrade ?
fddsfqsdffqsdqfsdqfds.png

About the manual detonation, as other people said here, it's just a higher skill cap that bring more possibility if you are skillful enough.
This is a bit like a normal rifle VS a auto-aim in the torso : The auto-aim in the torso make sure you always hit your target, but the normal rifle let you headshot as much as it let you miss. The normal rifle is weaker if you miss shots but is stronger if you can constantly land headshots.

Edited by lukinu_u
  • Like 16

4 hours ago, _Behemot said:

You sound like a real noop. The Weapon is more technical, which means it has a skill ceiling, which means how you use the weapon determines how good it will be, which means you don't have the trigger fingers to handle such a beautiful weapon go back to the regular Corinth if you have a problem.

Yeah, no. Shotguns are dead, and Corinth Prime is flaming trash.

• Like 3

I like the Corinth Prime.

The airburst hits pretty hard.

With Silent Battery, it's been constant 500% affinity stealth kills.

Also for some reason the buckshot grouping is fairly tight, to the point I can even snipe with it.

More hilarious with Narrow Barrel mod.

Corinth Prime is a pretty good shotgun, but lacks the charm of the original.

• Like 2

vor 5 Stunden schrieb _Behemot:

Okay, then have fun with this failure of a weapon noobie.

• Like 2

Corinth isn't just its airburst. Frankly it was the lesser used part for me, merely a quick CC tool as damage didn't matter since scaling buckshot with crit meant not scaling the airburst. Meanwhile Corinth prime hosts like... 20% more fire rate on it's buckshot, a magazine that's 4x larger and doesn't have increased reload time when you increase the mag capacity, and a nice bit of extra status.

Outside of that it's primary fire has the exact same stats. 

I feel like our definitions of "straight" downgrade are wildly different...

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Prexades said:

Okay, then have fun with this failure of a weapon noobie.

12cd95d177.jpg

I sure as hell am having fun wbu fam, you got it rough? Sounding like the mans up top, who has an issue with a weapon that has no downsides.

• Like 3

I remember people complaining about how it was "impossible" to use the corinth alt fire when it released because it i didnt explode on impact and had a set travel distance. People seemed to manage it then, I'm sure they and you, will manage the changes with the prime with a little time. Or you could just use the regular one, it hasnt gone anywhere.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, lukinu_u said:

On left is Corith and on right Corinth Prime, tell me how exactly how the falloff make it a downgrade ?
fddsfqsdffqsdqfsdqfds.png

About the manual detonation, as other people said here, it's just a higher skill cap that bring more possibility if you are skillful enough.
This is a bit like a normal rifle VS a auto-aim in the torso : The auto-aim in the torso make sure you always hit your target, but the normal rifle let you headshot as much as it let you miss. The normal rifle is weaker if you miss shots but is stronger if you can constantly land headshots.

I think what Corinth Prime needs is the following.

#1 Alt-fire benefiting from multishot (currently it does not)

#2 Would reload 'individual' shells like the original, but in 'sets' of 4. So 4/8/12/16/20 and would 'full mag reload' at 0. That way those who like the reload get what they want, and those who like the old one get what they want (or a toggle, like when you want to show a weapon being holstered, that would work too).

Otherwise I like it, as my #2 most used weapon, the Corinth has a special place in my heart. While I do like the racking on the new reload, I miss the old reload. 

As player with close of 3 year gameplay I got regular Corinth  when was..around  think MR17-18 -before I think first PlagueStar.

Lot of people enjoyed playing with weapon, specially with alt-fire with no AOE reduction
Even without AOE reduction  it wasnt OP as other weapons.
In the meantime i got excellent riven with multishot, CC, CD and - puncture. and I enjoyed playing with shotgun

Slow fire-rate make it ... slow. Adding mod for faster fire-rate dont do much, because basic fire-rate is SOO slow... but Alt-fire fire-rate same as primary fire-rate.

Reloading animation is thing that I loved with regular Corinth. I can add Chilling reload for faster reload and Toxin mod that give me Viral and fast reload and I dont have to reload fully in some situation, unlike Primed version.

Good thing only is -a little faster fire-rate, 20 ammo .. and thats all.
BUT, what irritates me is new PRIMED version most is:

1. Reloading

2. ALT-Fire.. 0.677 fire-rate???

3. Fall-off

4.  Pressing button (for Alt-Fire) AGAIN for detonation which is with 90% damage redux , well, not usable with lvl 60-70 lvl enemy, no matter with increased Status Chance

5. Now riven  will be NERFED again, because DE decided to post-pone riven dispo rework- witch will definetly nerf riven because 80% of people will master /level weapon and add few mods, which will result with more use of weapon called CORINTH and they will nerf again riven,when comes riven rework and spoil fun.

6. Alt-Fire consume 4 ammo, which is SAME as regular corinth = total 5 shots 

Nerfing and going in wrong direction is what drove away most of veterans... so Good Luck DE and stay healty

Edited by gordianknot

20 magazine size and higher fire rate upgrade for a weapon that was already good, that's an upgrade in my book.

Guess you need to git gud with the alt fire, because well, is a shotgun, close quarter combat weapon. I don't know what op is smoking to say the weapon is bad in closed space.

• Like 1