Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corinth Prime is a straight downgrade

Prexades

6 hours ago, ShiruBiru said:

Corinth prime alt fire even have multishot, totally garbage. DE bamboolzed players that paid thousands of plat for corinth rivens.

Not DE fault that those players fell victim to the hype and could not resist buying a Corinth riven that was clearly overprized.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Voltage said:

it isn't nearly as disappointing as Zhuge Prime

Before the Revision, that's understandable due to self-damage and split damage. After the Revision, the Zhuge Prime is quite monstrous with the status changes. The stagger from the Zhuge Prime is also very minimal. The only issue right now is that cilents are unable to reload the gun twice as fast from an empty magazine.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, _Behemot said:

You sound like a real noop. The Weapon is more technical, which means it has a skill ceiling, which means how you use the weapon determines how good it will be, which means you don't have the trigger fingers to handle such a beautiful weapon go back to the regular Corinth if you have a problem.

Wow, what a snob.

Are we forgetting that emptying the magazine (ew) with alt-fire, the reload prevents manual detonation.  What a heaping pile of garbage.  DE, fix the corinth prime, you clown-shoes.

Imo it should get:

better falloff on the main fire

max ammo buffed to 160

alt fire only using 1 ammo, damage halved, falloff changed to 80%

10 hours ago, lukinu_u said:

fddsfqsdffqsdqfsdqfds.png

It prob shouldn't, but the way that's set up is really annoying me

That the air burst projectile and explosion being swapped around.

11 minutes ago, Madway7 said:

Imo it should get:

better falloff on the main fire

max ammo buffed to 160

alt fire only using 1 ammo, damage halved, falloff changed to 80%

It prob shouldn't, but the way that's set up is really annoying me

That the air burst projectile and explosion being swapped around.

no, reload on corinth p already huge, let alt fire as it is, just fix multishot and change the effect

whats your build?  i have pretty much identical builds on my normal corinth and corinth prime.  and the prime outperforms the original in every way.  higher crit chance means better opportunities for hunter munitions.  so make it a crit build and boom. what takes me a full mag with normal corinth, takes me only 2 shots with its prime

Corinth Prime needs to be able to detonate the airburst after it smacks somebody in the face for a second or so, OR at least detonate automatically if it travels X amount of distance and it hits something. cant tell you the amount of times it bounced off someones forehead the nanosecond i try to detonate it. why does it magically disarm when hitting something? is it allergic to enemies?

Edited by Talinthis
  • Like 2

Just got my hands on it tonight, is it me mis-remembering or did they say on stream that the airburst would be detonated on impact with an enemy and/or manually?  Feels very hard to judge when to manually trigger the airburst, and its a very tight explosion with severe falloff.  Velocity is fast enough that in most areas a shotgun and tight burst would be useful, its already hit something and I fire two duds. I really liked the manual load pump actiony feel of the original....now its a mag.  Sound design is pretty awesome imo but the functionality suffers greatly atm.  

40 minutes ago, (PS4)Tradesman2 said:

Just got my hands on it tonight, is it me mis-remembering or did they say on stream that the airburst would be detonated on impact with an enemy and/or manually?  Feels very hard to judge when to manually trigger the airburst, and its a very tight explosion with severe falloff.  Velocity is fast enough that in most areas a shotgun and tight burst would be useful, its already hit something and I fire two duds. I really liked the manual load pump actiony feel of the original....now its a mag.  Sound design is pretty awesome imo but the functionality suffers greatly atm.  

i thought so too, just checked and sounds like nobody knows. rebecca says "it detonates when it hits something, oh no it doesnt!" and steve said "it might detonate on AI though" on devstream 140 at 00:41:23. just make a big enough fuss, hopefully they will change it.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Neon Lights9212 said:

whats your build?  i have pretty much identical builds on my normal corinth and corinth prime.  and the prime outperforms the original in every way.  higher crit chance means better opportunities for hunter munitions.  so make it a crit build and boom. what takes me a full mag with normal corinth, takes me only 2 shots with its prime

crit chance is unchanged between the two versions.

Edited by Talinthis

Prefer original Corinth.  I don't see what's so skillful about remote detonation.  If anything, it's easier because you just press a button rather than judging the correct airburst distance.  Besides, we have remote detonation weapons already like the Penta series.   I find the mechanic clunky.  I'd much rather bullet jump and airburst.

Yeah, ok, Corinth is still with us.  I usually replace the original with the prime version, but not this time.  

• Like 4

Clickbait title, the Prime is not worse than the original.

I'm a little disappointed that the stats aren't much better, excepting the alt fire. Same damage, same Crit stats, slightly buffed Status on a primary fire that doesn't reward Status.

That said, I'm liking that the secondary fire got a HUUUGE buff: bigger blast, 50% base status and over 5x the damage, and it's no longer locked to a 20m flat range. You can pop this thing right in front of you or across the map.Just finished building it, still gotta level it, but it seems promising.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SenorClipClop said:

For the hundredth time, if you have a shred of game knowledge and continue to purchase Rivens for thousands of plat, you're only bamboozling yourself.

While true enough, having multishot work on Corinth airburst, spawn on Corinth rivens, but not work on the prime is beyond the norm.

Hopefully that gets fixed, although I'm really curious whether they're now thinking it will too powerful.  In which case: Rock, meet Hard Place.

22 hours ago, Talinthis said:

i thought so too, just checked and sounds like nobody knows. rebecca says "it detonates when it hits something, oh no it doesnt!" and steve said "it might detonate on AI though" on devstream 140 at 00:41:23. just make a big enough fuss, hopefully they will change it.

crit chance is unchanged between the two versions.

ah ok, well. it doesnt change the fact that a good crit build with viral on the thing makes it capable of killing a lvl 140 corrupt heavy gunner in 1-2 shots.  originalwickedfun recently uploaded a vid showcasing his build needing 2 shots to kill a lvl 20... and im over here like... what... how?!   

i can post a video tomorrow to showcase that the corinth prime isnt as bad as some ppl seem to think it is.  its higher magazine+ higher fire rate makes it able to have a higher damage potential then the original

• 4 weeks later...

Corinth Prime is a boss gun. Ran with the Basic Corinth then got the prime.

best gun I ever paid plat for.

the alt fire is amazing to clear a room before entering, and is a must in open spaces to crowd control

Mod it right and you can do massive damage.

IMO a far superior gun over the basic Corinth.

Edited by Nova6336
  • Like 1

Personally, my only real issue with the alt-fire is trying to track the projectile, it barely leaves a tracer so you have to time it instead, having it automatically detonate when hitting enemies after a minimum distance wouldn't hurt though because you'd still atleast be rewarded for good aim.

Also giving it back the original reload mechanic would be boss, just buff it by allowing the corinth prime to load 2 shells per cycle. and bam, perfect shotgun.

Edited by (XB1)calvina
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

As much as I would like to disagree, the title is half-true. The much beloved shell-by-shell reload was one of the key points I picked up playing Corinth and Strun.

Air burst just needs practice, not an issue. The biggest letdown of all to me is still the 3.0 sec mag-type reload, in comparison of Boar Prime's 2.8 sec mag reload but has a full-auto fire rate of 4.67 compared to Corinth's pump action 1.42.

IMO just bring back the old Corinth reload style and it would be perfect. I suppose most people who are unhappy of what it has become is because of the reload mechanics.

• Like 2

i dont like the prime version at all, as others mentioned lot of things already why on the forums.

but...

1 thing i dont understand why the game cant give us option to atleast have better alt firing method for any gun, especially for a gun like corinth.

pressing mouse 3 is not a good option (key binding to other, not a solution), never was and its a pain to use on all manual detonation weapons. it has to be on mouse 1 or 2.

since mouse 2 is bound to zooming, the only option left is to make alt fire a switch, like it is on Hystrix and fire on mouse 1. this way it will stay compatible for controller users too.

also regular corinth was strange at first for me, but quickly became fun to use that i have to position my frame to land shots. i also saw i could also land some cheese shots this way since it doesnt explode on impact,which otherwise would be impossible to reach. so i was like: alright it works and its fun.

On 2020-04-04 at 1:31 PM, Voltage said:

Corinth Prime is like Aksomati Prime: disappointing because it is barely an upgrade, but gets away with it because the base weapon is good. I honestly don't think Corinth Prime is a downgrade, and it isn't nearly as disappointing as Zhuge Prime, but it is certainly lackluster as a Prime and barely feels different from the vanilla counterpart.

Why did they make the Zhuge prime so different from the base weapon, it doesnt even feel like it's the same family if weapon.

I would have been far happier with a slight upgrade to the normal Zhuge honestly. Having an explosive crossbow that is no longer silent really takes away from the appeal of the original gauge imo