Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Random Slowness In Fps?

low1991

is it me or when playing some "SOLO" missions, you would experiences some random drops in fps?

happens 4 times so far.

1) in sth. prime in noob map, sudden drop in fps near extraction point.

and when my tenno is boarding the ship.

2) random drop in fps in OD ext 2 times near starting of session before i abort it...

FPS is mainly affected by what you are rendering, as well as the processing. I'd assume at those points there is a spike in the processing power used.

Either that or it is due to other stuff happening on your PC, like it running a diagnostic or something.

I've been having pretty consistent FPS drops in later versions, task manager and GPU utility shows no real spike in resources used by either WF or other applications, and I've had a number of crashes to desktop as well, others in my clan have had even worse issues including frequent crashes.

FPS is mainly affected by what you are rendering, as well as the processing. I'd assume at those points there is a spike in the processing power used.

Either that or it is due to other stuff happening on your PC, like it running a diagnostic or something.

yes, on my first encounter with this sudden drop, i pause on the spot and check why. wait around running around. and on extracting, i encounter it again. cant find what's the cause of it.

atm my desktop is running 1 Mozilla firefox and 1 Chrome, and some anti virus problem which isn't scanning.

i only encounter this drop right after the latest version. constant through previous session except for some maps which i knows that could kills my RAM.

Edit: in-game setting on display are on the lowest/off

I've been having pretty consistent FPS drops in later versions, task manager and GPU utility shows no real spike in resources used by either WF or other applications, and I've had a number of crashes to desktop as well, others in my clan have had even worse issues including frequent crashes.

glad i didnt crash to desktop yet... 

Edited by low1991

yes, on my first encounter with this sudden drop, i pause on the spot and check why. wait around running around. and on extracting, i encounter it again. cant find what's the cause of it.

atm my desktop is running 1 Mozilla firefox and 1 Chrome, and some anti virus problem which isn't scanning.

i only encounter this drop right after the latest version. constant through previous session except for some maps which i knows that could kills my RAM.

Its kinda stupid. I can stay connected to a host in the void with a fairly large video uploading to youtube, whilst others disconnect, but I crash frequently in the derelicts. 

I just don't bother asking why, I just deal with it.

Figuring out why it happens is the first step DE has to take towards actually fixing it.

I got horrendous FPS drops in derelicts as well.

my fps in OD is lower than the rest.

but now i can totally experience the sudden drop in fps randomly... it's like everything or movement are in matrix-mode.