The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframes need to have a universal energy regeneration rate.

Lucario

I've always felt Energy Siphon's regen rate should be a base regen value for every frame.

Something else I'd suggest is making magnetic proc stacks on enemies generate small amounts of energy when fired upon.. slightly more from melee, and more still from heavy attacks.

One of the weirdest part of warframes class design is how abilities are unlocked very early, but are practically locked behind having the right build, focus school, item economy and arcanes to make them work as part of the core gameplay of that frame. As some may remember, abilities were once mods, so the basic design was more in you chose only one or very few abilities and the amount of energy from orbs limits the use. Now we got 4 abilities and they are often not used or underused because of the energy economy and because a lot of them are just too underpowered to be used without a specific setup. A few newer frames got reworks where the abilities synergize a lot better, but using more abilities requires more energy, so the builds are even more dependent on pizzas, arcanes and focus school. Also some of these sources are limited in mobility. If you defend one place, a pizza is a ship-load of energy, so your group can aoe bomb the world through the walls, but running through a level throwing fireballs that are underpowered compared to a lot of guns is strongly limited by energy.

I understand though why they dont change that. This may break all builds we know right now and thus could be a severe hit to the current playerbase.

Edited by CortiWins
  • Like 1

With magnet procs and parasitic/energy leach eximus exist in this game, I'm all for energy regen being a passive thing. I think it would be more fun if you got energy from killing enemies with weapons rather than a flat energy regen though. It would keep the flow of the game more-or-less the same but make recouping lost energy absolutely consistent, rather than luck in a lot of cases. Which would make energy droughts far less of an issue.

Fun fact, the old zenurik had that before DE decided that operators were a good idea (this was even before we had an actual use for them). Before controlling your operator was a thing, your "focus bar" would slowly build up. Then when you held 5 it would do the old tenno firing a laser. If you had zenurik, after that was done, would would naturally regen energy for the rest of the mission. However once they started focusing heavily on operators, it wasn't long until they got rid of the passive energy regen gave us the "zenurik" bubble.

• Like 1

I believe you are not the first to bring this up nor it will be the last. Most other MMORPG we would have this as default.We are close to 43 Warframe now but the stat across them is rather similar with exception of Nidus because he is the only Warframe that have Passive HP regen. Here my take on this topic.

- Make [Energy Siphon] as normal Warframe Mod (Not Aura Mod) and replace it with an Aura Mod that increase Energy Pool like [Physique] for HP pool. I would like to see [Primed Energy Siphon] 😆
- Each Warframe had their own personalized Energy Regen. Example 1 Energy/s For Caster Frame like Saryn and 0.5 Energy/s For Melee Frame like Valkyr.
- Introduce Corrupted mod that +Energy Regen -Efficiency or +Energy Regen -Energy Pool. 
- Turn the Zenurik's Energizing Dash exclusively for Operator Energy Regen.

I do believe this will create more depth and diversifies build also create more personalized Stats for each Warframes

3 hours ago, m0b1us1 said:

Fun fact, the old zenurik had that before DE decided that operators were a good idea (this was even before we had an actual use for them). Before controlling your operator was a thing, your "focus bar" would slowly build up. Then when you held 5 it would do the old tenno firing a laser. If you had zenurik, after that was done, would would naturally regen energy for the rest of the mission. However once they started focusing heavily on operators, it wasn't long until they got rid of the passive energy regen gave us the "zenurik" bubble.

I remember this, didn't like it though because for me? The average mission completion time was around 2-3 minutes if it wasn't a defense type mission. Meaning for the majority of the mission it was useless.

16 hours ago, Lucario said:

I remember this, didn't like it though because for me? The average mission completion time was around 2-3 minutes if it wasn't a defense type mission. Meaning for the majority of the mission it was useless.

The majority, that is debatable. You could argue the majority of missions themselves and sure. The majority of actual game time? You would be wrong. You spend far less time in missions like capture or exterminate than you do for any endurance mission. So for the majority of time spent, it was far more beneficial. The most time spent in game were on endurance missions, not 2 minute runs of exterminate. Meaning for the majority of actual game play for people who used it, it was far more beneficial than anything else besides stealth on crit from naramon.

• Like 1