Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Renewal energy changes with Healing Workshop?

Koed

The ability:

Renewal drains 2 energy per second to remain activated. When allied targets are below their maximum health, Renewal will drain an additional 3 energy per second for every allied player and 1 energy per second for every allied summoned unit affected by its healing; Renewal will end if Oberon runs out of energy, it is dispelled, or if deactivated manually by pressing the ability key again.

First off, with the Healing Workshop changes coming - I wonder if defense objects will count as 3 energy/s or 1 energy/s. Time will tell. But I would imagine in a game without defense bubbles or heavy CC, that the defense object will take some damage regurlarly. Assuming healing it will cost 3 energy/s, and we have 4 tenno taking damage = 17 energy/s for 40 hp/s + 125 armor. Worth it?
I just find the energy cost to be way too high, when we look at what we get, and what other frames can do.
Wisp: 25 energy = 30 hp/s + 300 Max HP for 30 seconds, BUT, can be refreshed without any further cost, because pods last indefinitely. 25 energy one time vs 17 energy/s? AND Wisp is confirmed to work on defense objects, so infinite healing for yourself, team and defense object for 25 energy? Oberon drains 25 energy in less than 2 seconds!

Other factors: Oberon cannot use Zenurik Energizing Dash, Exodia Brave etc. Literally the only way to replenish your energy is to use Arcane Energize and pick up energy orbs. Also, in above examples I didn't include summons, pets, clones etc. I'm not entirely sure how it works either, but I think you can heal them, and that it costs energy, adding to the already crazy 17 energy/s.

Balancing has always lacked consistency in Warframe, and I think the introduction of Wisp left a bit of a sour taste in most Oberon players mouths. I don't have access to frame usage, but I meet a Wisp players ALL the time, and I NEVER meet Oberon players. An anecdote yes, but I think it represents the state as it is: Players play Wisp and they don't play Oberon. There might be several reasons for this, but I think insane energy cost vs very low energy cost is one of them. 

So TLDR - I think Oberon need a tweak to help him compete with Wisp and other healer frames, and with the upcoming changes to healing in general, I think it's the perfect time.

• Like 3

based on wiki, Oberon still can use Energizing Shot, the new arbitration mod for energy generation that increases up to +110% the energy gained by shotting the blue orb, if equipped in your pistols (for AoE, since most pistols are locked, try Sonicor or kuva Seer)... but yeah, Oberon has some issues at healing department, since his renewal can't be reapplied passively if someone who got the buff get dispelled, even if he goes back to the place which oberon did casted renewal previously

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Zeyez said:

based on wiki, Oberon still can use Energizing Shot, the new arbitration mod for energy generation that increases up to +110% the energy gained by shotting the blue orb, if equipped in your pistols (for AoE, since most pistols are locked, try Sonicor or kuva Seer)... but yeah, Oberon has some issues at healing department, since his renewal can't be reapplied passively if someone who got the buff get dispelled, even if he goes back to the place which oberon did casted renewal previously

You do realize that this crutch doesn't change anything on any frame? You just waste a slot on pistols and deprive yourself of the vacuum just to get extra energy, which will still run out quickly at high levels due to poor energy orbs falling out at high levels.

So far, the best option is an equilibrium with Sentinel mods or rage, but this also does not change the situation, because other frames get much more for less energy.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Zeyez said:

....Oberon has some issues at healing department, since his renewal can't be reapplied passively if someone who got the buff get dispelled, even if he goes back to the place which oberon did casted renewal previously

I think this is definitely worth mentioning too. Like why doesn't it reapply? You're laying down a buff to cover an area - anyone who has not been buffed before, who walks into this area, gets the buff. But like you said - have you been dispelled, and walk into the area again - the buff doesn't work, and Oberon has to recast. Logic?? This is extremely inconvenient too when trying to make use of Energy Conversion, Growing Power and Pax Bolt.

19 hours ago, PsiWarp said:

Honestly Renewal's drain per ally should just count players. Companions and AI allies, if deemed necessary, can have reduced healing rate but should not enforce additional energy drain on Oberon.

So you are suggesting just a flat energy drain, regardless of whether or not people are hurt, just a never changing constant drain? Just trying to understand.

• Like 1

On 2020-04-05 at 7:04 AM, Zeyez said:

based on wiki, Oberon still can use Energizing Shot, the new arbitration mod for energy generation that increases up to +110% the energy gained by shotting the blue orb, if equipped in your pistols (for AoE, since most pistols are locked, try Sonicor or kuva Seer)... but yeah, Oberon has some issues at healing department, since his renewal can't be reapplied passively if someone who got the buff get dispelled, even if he goes back to the place which oberon did casted renewal previously

ok i agree oberon need to be touched up. the other thing i agree with Zeyez he needs to be the center of the heal not a invisible node that goes away it should be healing anyone near oberon not the only one that picked it up on the other side of the map. i woud also up the health and armor to 80hp/s and 200 armor.

• 2 weeks later...

If you run hunters adrenaline and enemies are dangerous enough you have plenty of energy, even while having the whole squad under renewal. Just get shot once. Oberon with 1 and 3 augments is very helpful in most higher level missions where you want the buff up constantly. 

But I agree that it's troublesome to keep the squad buffed.

Edited by bulletsearl