Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hard to find open squads for missions

ChackanKun

So, it has been kinda hard to find open squads for missions, which makes it also hard to progress on the star map.

I realize I am not supposed to go into every mission solo, so I always put the queue on hold to see if anyone joins, but nada.

Is it the Switch version has a low online population? Or is everyone mainly doing other higher level stuff?

pc/switch/xbox/ps4, doesnt matter which you use, the starmap is always dead beyond some random new players working their way through and everyone else just farming things in the handful of nodes that everyone uses, for new players your only real chance of grouping up a full group is when you hit saturn/helene.  we really should have more reasons to visit older nodes, the new player experience certainly looks boring beyond belief when the new co-op game they try ends up being mostly solo along the way.

5 hours ago, Methanoid said:

pc/switch/xbox/ps4, doesnt matter which you use, the starmap is always dead beyond some random new players working their way through and everyone else just farming things in the handful of nodes that everyone uses, for new players your only real chance of grouping up a full group is when you hit saturn/helene.  we really should have more reasons to visit older nodes, the new player experience certainly looks boring beyond belief when the new co-op game they try ends up being mostly solo along the way.

Well, I understand that in well established online games, low level stuff get’s left behind.

But the main issue is that either this is a hard game to solo or I am just plain bad at it and my Warframes are underdeveloped lol

27 minutes ago, (NSW)Chackan said:

But the main issue is that either this is a hard game to solo or I am just plain bad at it and my Warframes are underdeveloped lol

It's normal to stuck somewhere on the star map as a newbie, happens to everyone. Especially when you can't get through a type of mission specifically planned to be done in a squad (interception for example). 

Where are you stuck? What kind of weapons and warframes do you use? Which mods are you using (do you know how modding works)?

51 minutes ago, (NSW)Chackan said:

Don't let yourself believe that.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

It's normal to stuck somewhere on the star map as a newbie, happens to everyone. Especially when you can't get through a type of mission specifically planned to be done in a squad (interception for example). 

Where are you stuck? What kind of weapons and warframes do you use? Which mods are you using (do you know how modding works)?

Right now I’m using Ember Prime as my main. Maybe it’s not the easiest one to main lol

I looked up for some builds For it, but it seems I’m lacking a lot of mods. Trying to get them, but not much luck until now! 

Trying to do stuff like the Chains of Horrow questline, but I’m still missing some stuff until I reach The Mot in the Void.

Already polarized some slots on my Ember P, but I still die a lot solo. Maybe I need more defense or this Warframe is too “squishy” lol

6 hours ago, (NSW)Chackan said:

Right now I’m using Ember Prime as my main. Maybe it’s not the easiest one to main lol

I looked up for some builds For it, but it seems I’m lacking a lot of mods. Trying to get them, but not much luck until now! 

Trying to do stuff like the Chains of Horrow questline, but I’m still missing some stuff until I reach The Mot in the Void.

Already polarized some slots on my Ember P, but I still die a lot solo. Maybe I need more defense or this Warframe is too “squishy” lol

Ember is hard to play, in a way that she's indeed squishy. She has more shields than armour. Maybe you need a frame who can take a lot more beating? If you're already on Saturn, you could get Valkyr. She was my most user frame as a newbie - practically indestructible, at a cost of not being good at killing enemies with one click, like Ember does, and she isn't good at crows control. So I'd say try her or Rhino. As you progress, you'll use multiple frames anyway, for different tasks, why not begin now?

Btw if you understand modding, you'll be okay. Maybe you don't have all those others recommend, or don't have enough Endo to level them all the way up yet, but with time you will!

4 hours ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

Ember is hard to play, in a way that she's indeed squishy. She has more shields than armour. Maybe you need a frame who can take a lot more beating? If you're already on Saturn, you could get Valkyr. She was my most user frame as a newbie - practically indestructible, at a cost of not being good at killing enemies with one click, like Ember does, and she isn't good at crows control. So I'd say try her or Rhino. As you progress, you'll use multiple frames anyway, for different tasks, why not begin now?

Btw if you understand modding, you'll be okay. Maybe you don't have all those others recommend, or don't have enough Endo to level them all the way up yet, but with time you will!

Going to try and build Valkyr. Don’t really like Rhino, have a thing agains’t “hulk” type of characters lol

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

You won't regret it! Good luck 😊

Thanks! Already farmed the components (about four 5 minute run of Alad V in Jupiter lol) and bought the blueprint.

Building the components as I type this 🙂

Thanks again for all the tips! Let’s see if this helps me!

Also, in other more typical MMORPG we have things like high level dungeons, raids, etc.

What is the high level stuff in Warframe?

34 minutes ago, (NSW)Chackan said:

What is the high level stuff in Warframe?

There are Sorties (last mission is lvl 80-100). Arbitrations are accessible after completing all missions in the star chart - with great rewards, but it's hard, because you don't have any revives. There are also the open world bosses, the Eidolons on the Plains and the Orb Mothers in Orb Vallis.

The existence of real endgame is... questionable, as far as most veterans see it. But there will probably be a long time before you'll be so op you'll complete the highest level stuff with ease.

Edited by (PS4)Viveeeh

16 hours ago, (NSW)Chackan said:

Well, I understand that in well established online games, low level stuff get’s left behind.

those handful of nodes i mentioned, including saturn/helene qualify as low level, but people still go there due to farming a specific thing they need, its not hard to fix the starmap so that even low level nodes are visited more if anything not for the mobs/mods/kills but for resources.

So far I'm missing the Ember Inferno skill 😛 

But I get killed much more harder and already completed a few nodes I wasn't being able to.

I'm still at the polarizing phase lol already maxed out 2 times and polarized two mod slots. 

Also had to purchase a different helmet, the base one isn't good looking 😛

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, (NSW)Chackan said:

But I get killed much more harder and already completed a few nodes I wasn't being able to.

I'm still at the polarizing phase lol already maxed out 2 times and polarized two mod slots. 

And this... this is how it all started for everyone.

Start getting a little power, finding a toon you like and buying cosmetics. Then you see another WF and WTH...? He... turns dead bodies into loot and raises them to fight for him!?!? Gotta have it! 

(needle gets a lil deeper)

Runnin around and see a guy murdering With some crazy gun so you watch him and... omg, is that a Shotgun that also shoots grenades...? Must... have. 

Crap I gotta be MR8 to have it? No problem if I pull 4 all nighters in a row I can get there.

2 years later.

WF is dead...

(lol)

Edited by (XB1)YouBitePi11ows
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, (NSW)Chackan said:

Sounds like you're doing good, nice! Keep going 😊

And you're even doing fashion frame now, that's highly important, fashion is the real endgame 😄

Edited by (PS4)Viveeeh

I found squadding to be quite easy in the early planets but later on around Jupiter it was harder to get a coop going.

I like to look at the list of Invasions and Relic missions, those are guaranteed to get a squad instantly. 
I just have one gripe sometimes the squad forms with 1 very high level player and the rest of us noobs do nothing and watch the mission get completed in two minutes flat. 

Matchmaking should at least try to keep the players of similar power.

so my friend. yes really low user base on switch.. on pc yeah.. everybody is doing "endgame" stuff. 

the best way to go through the star chart is having a beginner friend with you! I remember these days with joy. we helped each other, synergized our builds. really the most fun i had with warframe ever. 

but even on latter levels we started to open up the squad and try to get more people. game is hard specially if you don't "toss a coin to your witcher". basic things like slots (for warframes and weapons) and orokin reactor and catalyst (these basically double your "mod capacity" making it less necessary or gringy the process of forma). so this is pretty much the worse aspect of the game. it is him telling you not to play. but if you enjoy it anyway, I recommend you put some little money in just to get you started. and spend only on really necessary things. you can farm primes latter to sell and self sustain economically in game nad get your cosmetics that way.

anyway it's fun how opinions and taste vary. I didn't fare well with Valkyr. got rid of her pretty early. the "best" frames you can get easily are the ones from clan. just get in a clan.. any clan.. if you get a random invite ever.. just accept it. Wukong and Nezha are not only good but also really fun and different to play. for a long time Wukong was my main and that was before rework or prime. actual imortality but no twin. and my friend could only get a harrow because I had wukong to farm that kuva fortress spy. it would be a pain without a stealth frame. since you saind you are doing that quest.

about builds and mods, don't worry.. don't go farm for specific mods.. jist relax play the game and they will come. to start, with few mods and orokin catalyst the warframe makes the most difference. 

you don't like bulky guys? Nezha is thin and tanky with his kit! fast, fun, cc and survivability to rival the top ones at it. what else can you possibly want? When wukong was reworked and I didn't got the prime yet (deleted the normal one for slot space) Nezha became my main.

long story short. enjoy the ride.. these are the best days.. endgame is lackluster.

Edited by (PS4)CoronelXupomoses
misspelling

Am 5.4.2020 um 12:43 schrieb (NSW)Chackan:

So, it has been kinda hard to find open squads for missions, which makes it also hard to progress on the star map.

I realize I am not supposed to go into every mission solo, so I always put the queue on hold to see if anyone joins, but nada.

Is it the Switch version has a low online population? Or is everyone mainly doing other higher level stuff?

ask in chat. i help new players very often

Biggest tip for new players - GET IN A CLAN.

Go to the recruiting tab in chat, you will see postings from people looking for people to join their clan.  Send them a message and ask to join.   The bigger the clan the better so once you're in there are more people to help you.   Many vets spend a lot of time helping new players with missions.   

Other than that, just stick with it.  Everything will come in time.  If you get stuck, go back and re run nodes you've already done for the xp, resources and practice.  Only level the important mods to start with.   Be patient.  This game is a never ending marathon, not a hundred meter sprint to the finishing line.