Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

YouTubers and streamers need to be more careful

(PSN)drollive96

I know it wont completely stop all the ridiculous nerfs we have been receiving, but it may help minimize it. Every time they make a video showcasing an op build, they should carefully consider that DE can see it and may nerf things based on those videos if they see things they dont like. I'm keeping all my powerful builds secret now unless its in a place where DE has limited access to, such as within my close circle of friends, or my clan. Everyone else should heed this warning, your actions and what you share can have consequences

• Like 40

Yea this game is weird. It's one of the most OP freedom inducing games I've ever seen, so as a result it seems no one really understood how OP it was. And now players and devs are all trying to "rein it in" like they made a mistake.

I worked hard to max out standing for both cetus and Vox Solaris and this is the thanks I get lol.

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, (PS4)drollive96 said:

I know it wont completely stop all the ridiculous nerfs we have been receiving, but it may help minimize it. Every time they make a video showcasing an op build, they should carefully consider that DE can see it and may nerf things based on those videos if they see things they dont like. I'm keeping all my powerful builds secret now unless its in a place where DE has limited access to, such as within my close circle of friends, or my clan. Everyone else should heed this warning, your actions and what you share can have consequences

if DE dont even read the forums then I would care to guess with almost near certainty that they wont be sitting around watching twitch or some livestreaming russian youtubers with their notebooks at the ready.

• Like 15

7 minutes ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

Yea this game is weird. It's one of the most OP freedom inducing games I've ever seen, so as a result it seems no one really understood how OP it was. And now players and devs are all trying to "rein it in" like they made a mistake.

I worked hard to max out standing for both cetus and Vox Solaris and this is the thanks I get lol.

Too much freedom can kill a game's design principles. Even Animal Crossing made sure to add in goals, obstacles and 'antagonists', as minor, non-threatening and even well-meaning as they may be and that's a game that's as free as it's possible to be. Warframe's an action game as much as it is an RPG. How is DE supposed to make engaging events, fun game modes and dramatic tension when the player is entirely free to 'switch off' any given gameplay encounter by virtue of their ludicrous power? 

• Like 26

Often when a thing gets nerfed (especially as in the way Limbo's Cataclysm was nerfed recently), it's been exploitable for a long time, but it was never changed because it wasn't to commonly used and so wasn't causing too much of an issue. It's typically when the feature gets a lot of attention and starts affecting the game large-scale through its common use that it reflects poorly enough for DE to make changes. WoF Ember was in the game for a long time before it began choking out every Defense mission, but once it did then players complained, and it was looked at. This shift is often caused by people with a media platform on which to share these features and how they skew the game. To reiterate, these features usually "break the game" for a long time, but they typically are not changed because even though they break things, very few people are using them to break things. But that can change when someone talks about it.

It was really swell of Tactical Potato to basically straight-up tell people to spam Limbo all up and down Scarlet Spear. Got Limbo used for his longstanding easymode so much that it was dialed back.

• Like 11

14 minutes ago, (PS4)drollive96 said:

Everyone else should heed this warning, your actions and what you share can have consequences

I didn't read the thread, but from the solemn gravity of this last sentence, it seems safe to assume it's about the transmission of Covid 19.

So yeah, I'm in total agreement.  Be careful out there, people.

• Like 16

I think it's hilarious that people watch other people play games, personally...I would rather watch paint dry, at least then, I got some painting done...the funny part is that what they say becomes the 'meta' or is perceived as 'best' even when they are obviously wrong...lemmings will be lemmings...

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

Often when a thing gets nerfed (especially as in the way Limbo's Cataclysm was nerfed recently), it's been exploitable for a long time, but it was never changed because it wasn't to commonly used and so wasn't causing too much of an issue. It's typically when the feature gets a lot of attention and starts affecting the game large-scale through its common use that it reflects poorly enough for DE to make changes. WoF Ember was in the game for a long time before it began choking out every Defense mission, but once it did then players complained, and it was looked at. This shift is often caused by people with a media platform on which to share these features and how they skew the game. To reiterate, these features usually "break the game" for a long time, but they typically are not changed because even though they break things, very few people are using them to break things. But that can change when someone talks about it.

It was really swell of Tactical Potato to basically straight-up tell people to spam Limbo all up and down Scarlet Spear. Got Limbo used for his longstanding easymode so much that it was dialed back.

Not sure if it really would have taken the Limbo vid for DE to pay attention to it, but heres another better example.

Scroll a bit down, you may even find my comment;

unknown.png

Pretty much exactly one week later the Rakta Dark Dagger nerf rolled in that nobody asked for.
unknown.png

• Like 19

42 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

DE isn't stupid this was obviously happening no youtube video was needed to show this.  They have the frame usage numbers they would have seen the limbo spike in the event and they do happen to know what his abilities do.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Vespilan said:

Not sure if it really would have taken the Limbo vid for DE to pay attention to it

EDIT: and also @(PS4)Eluminary...

My point is not:

A feature is strong --> a youtuber makes a video --> DE sees the video and nerfs a thing

My point is:

A feature is strong --> a youtuber makes a video --> a bunch of people copy the youtuber --> the feature, previously flying under the radar, is used very often --> its imbalance is actually cropping up enough to affect general gameplay --> DE sees the gameplay shift and nerfs a thing.

Edited by SenorClipClop
  • Like 14

hace 1 hora, (PS4)drollive96 dijo:

DE has data of everything we do ingame thats stupid i remember in a couple of streams they showed a graph showing % of players played X frame, do you think they dont have one for % weapon? % mod? damage? heals? shields? hell riven mods show how popular the weapon is, meaning they have to use your data to "see" that.

Streamers,youtubers make them popular meaning DE has to act faster than they intended to because the "%" of people wasnt a problem yet to take action before necessary.

32 minutes ago, Vespilan said:

Not sure if it really would have taken the Limbo vid for DE to pay attention to it, but heres another better example.

Scroll a bit down, you may even find my comment;

Pretty much exactly one week later the Rakta Dark Dagger nerf rolled in that nobody asked for.

Rakta has been used that way ever since melee range normalization and combo fluidity went live. It just took some people till the release of shield gate to realize it was a working tank combo with high dps. It was already insane in combination with Nezha, Gara, Ember and Hildryn prior to that. 

On Volt it is probably the least useful thing since he can already refill and sustain his shields easier than Rakta can for a little bit of energy. The reason it got changed is because it made everyone except nidus and inaros immortal with it. If there would have been a video behind the nerf it wouldnt have been one involving Volt, it would have been one where Banshee runs around and face tanks S#&$ better than Inaros.

According to several warframe partners, DE doesn't even listen to them on the partner feedback discord. From what we have been told recently, there are maybe 4 or 5 partners at most who actually use the warframe partner feedback discord, all the others basically just outright stopped because DE doesn't listen to them. Look at their videos, I haven't seen a positive one from almost any partner in a long long time.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Vespilan said:

Literally what I thought about when reading this thread.

I actually built this and played around with it and yeah it was fun and powerful but it wasn't better than spamming Volt's 4 and gobbling energy pizzas. It was nerfed because on paper in looked ridiculous, but in execution it wasn't any more effective than Target Acquired + Nikana Zaw. Less so really since the damage scaling and lack of arcane slot made the dagger so much weaker.

7 hours ago, (PS4)drollive96 said:

Everyone else should heed this warning, your actions and what you share can have consequences

except they won't, because youtubers and streamers care more about their own views and subscribers (and the revenue they bring in) than they actually do about the games they play, or the people that make them. they'll gladly use clickbait titles and talk trash if it attracts enough attention. AGGP and LifeofRio are prime examples of this.

I just stick to the memes, far more enjoyable that way.

• Like 4

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Zimzala:

I think it's hilarious that people watch other people play games, personally...I would rather watch paint dry, at least then, I got some painting done...

Have you ever heard of someone watch a soccer game? Baseball? What about esports live and streams?

There are many, many people interested in watching other people play games. The fact that you are not is totally cool, but many others are.

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Vespilan:

Nice!😄

----------------------

Oh, on topic: you really think you need OP builds in WF? You need a yt video to get JuCy ReD cRiTs? Most players don't even know how to put a key into the conduit in disruption. The youtubers just need the clicks and attention.

Edited by (XB1)OdinAsteroid
some on topic needed