Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Drops Master Thief Now?

Kinderghast

Hi DE

I am Mastery Rank 11, I have hundreds of hours in game, and aside from the new corrupted mods, I literally have all the mods I want or need.

Except one.

Master Thief

Up until this latest patch, I have been farming Hyena and Grineer Scorpions (Apolondoderous, first 5 mins has lots of spawns)

I knew the drop chance was pretty low, even spamming desecrate, but hey, it gave me a goal, otherwise, i have done most of everything and have all the weapons modded and forma'd how i like.

But i had a clear knowledge, from datamined info, that if i just stuck with it, I would eventually get it. Persitence! Something all loot based games reward!

Now though, I am hearing reports some drop tables have changed, people are getting different mods from different places.

Why should I waste my time trying to farm for this Master Thief mod, when there is now a chance I am farming for something that could literally never ever drop from these mobs.

DE can you confirm this for me: Are Hyena and Grineer Scorpions still the only mobs to drop Master Thief

I hope this example might spur others to post and request confirmation of which mob drops mods they are looking for, as we can no longer trust the previously datamined info, and it is now impossible to extract new info.

I am sure many other people will not want to waste hours farming the wrong mob hoping for something that is impossible to get. That is how you anger players and lose them for good.

So since there is no other way to determine where I should be farming to get this one, last and only mod I am still chasing after all this time, I have created this thread requesting the information direct from you, the developers.

Thanks for your assistance in this matter.

Hyena Boss drops Master Thief.

Scorpion mobs drop them, I got one from running Varro on Ceres.

My preference to get master thief is to farm for it by running Mars - Olympus wave 15+ has greater chances of dropping master thief than other defense missions.

If you start Despina,T3 Corpus defense, wave 5 2%(T3 reward), wave 10 2%(T3), wave 15 4%(T3), wave 20 7%(T3) wave 25 12%(T3) chance to drop.. roughly.

If you start Olympus, T2 corpus defense wave 5 0%(T2 reward), wave 10 0%(T2), wave 15 8%(T3), wave 20 16%(T3) wave 25 33%(T3) chance to drop.. roughly

These numbers are not always the same while running the defense missions, each reward you are shown, branches out into a different tree at which your next rewards may be.

Hi DE

I am Mastery Rank 11, I have hundreds of hours in game, and aside from the new corrupted mods, I literally have all the mods I want or need.

Except one.

Master Thief

I just started a couple of weeks ago and I have one. :( I have no idea where I got it though.