Passives Rework?? Concept

Was chatting with my clan about Titania passive rework and an idea came to me that received some positive reaction from them, what if each frame had 3 passive abilities that the player could choose a single active one. Providing a more adaptable kit for each frame to fit broader play styles while keeping the frames core kit untouched

• Like 1

I think having to come up with 3 different passives would be a bit much for all 30+ frames in this game, without some of them being straight up useless or redundant. Cool idea on paper, but I don't think it's practical. Don't even really think it's necessary. Most frames are pretty adaptable in how you mod them. 

• Like 2
On 2020-04-05 at 2:17 PM, (PS4)SpartanLegend_27 said:

I think having to come up with 3 different passives would be a bit much for all 30+ frames in this game, without some of them being straight up useless or redundant. Cool idea on paper, but I don't think it's practical. Don't even really think it's necessary. Most frames are pretty adaptable in how you mod them. 

I mean several frames have already had 3 thanks to reworks and I wouldn't think that coming up with over 80 new passives has to happen at once
Also 43 frames

It also wouldn't be the most complicated system to develop and with how satisfied the community is with the slow addition of Augments I'm sure releasing this system slowly overtime would suffice as well

Edited by (XB1)Sage Prinny
accidental repost so i changed to an intended reply

I think that would be freaking awesome. I want to see more playstyles for all frames.

I want Frames to not just be clothes in wardrobe. It needs to be a lifestyle that you love doing and choosing your own passive will probably help out on that idea.

• Like 2

I would like it, but Digital Extremes (justifiably) seems to be focusing on new content, more than the additions of passives. It would be a good thing to add once the playerbase is stable, but right now it appears that they're focused on bringing in some new blood.

On 2020-04-05 at 2:17 PM, (PS4)SpartanLegend_27 said:

Well I can promise you, I could easily think of 3 passives for all the frames. Believe it or not, I thought of the new ember 4th way, way before DE even announced the new replacement. But it was for a different frame. And the last 4 frames I’ve made posts or commented on other posts about abilities these last 4 have. Pretty big coincidence but either way, I could easily list ideas for all the frames. Maybe list like 5-10 different alternatives for each frame. But only if asked to do so. Cause I do get irritated listing ability ideas just for people brush off cause they don’t personally like it. And those are a lot of passives. Like 120. A lot to type all for nothing. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

Well I can promise you, I could easily think of 3 passives for all the frames. Believe it or not, I thought of the new ember 4th way, way before DE even announced the new replacement. But it was for a different frame. And the last 4 frames I’ve made posts or commented on other posts about abilities these last 4 have. Pretty big coincidence but either way, I could easily list ideas for all the frames. Maybe list like 5-10 different alternatives for each frame. But only if asked to do so. Cause I do get irritated listing ability ideas just for people brush off cause they don’t personally like it. And those are a lot of passives. Like 120. A lot to type all for nothing. 

Id start small, im like 50% interested so no promises that id look through them all lol

On 2020-04-05 at 2:20 PM, (XB1)Sage Prinny said:

Was chatting with my clan about Titania passive rework and an idea came to me that received some positive reaction from them, what if each frame had 3 passive abilities that the player could choose a single active one. Providing a more adaptable kit for each frame to fit broader play styles while keeping the frames core kit untouched

Id rather have just a replacement of the current passive abilities, or just add all 3 together as 1.

Not to say that 3 wouldnt be cool to play with. Could be entertaining for a little while

• 1 year later...