Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About these "new" Tonkor lancers...

Otakuwolf

I'm ok with the idea of having some Grineer unit using the Tonkor or any other weapon from their arsenal that so far has been an exclusive for players (even if I'm still waiting to can use the NoX goo rifle myself)...

...However, I do have a problem when they seem to impact my experience so much that success or failure in defending an objective depends on how many of them I encounter in a single mission.

I'm not kidding when I say the only times I failed a condrix ground mission was because the game decided to spawn a bit more of these sniping the OpLink out of nowhere, not because of the enemies getting tankier and dishing more damage to me or the other players, but because of this "new" Grineer unit alone demolishing the objective in a few shots .

I don't want to be offensive or anything, but I know there is a recurring theme about "developers not playing their own game", and whenever I think about these units firing cluster grenades in quick succession without ever reloading my thought is always "That is not how a Tonkor works or should work...". I know the Ogris used by enemy units is also kinda different from the one we have, but that's one homing missile with a reasonable timing between each shot, not a bunch of explosives every 2 or 3 seconds !

Again, I'm ok with a grineer unit using the tonkor, but I also belive this iteration has three issues that make it (indirectly) unfun to have around: 1) it fires multiple explosive projectiles with AOE damage at a time; 2) It fires said projectiles with too little time between each shot; 3) It spawns too frequently for a unit with so much damage potential.

Because of this, I believe some changes should be made to lessen it's impact on a mission: 1) Make it fire single grenades like the actual Tonkor does; 2) time it like is actually reloading a tonkor; 3) Split the shield lancer into Standard and tonkor, and reduce the latter spawn rate while making it a hybrid between the Bombard and the shield lancer (a tankier shield lancer with a spawn rate in between the bombard and the shield lancer).

Lemme know what you guys think.

• Like 1

There are also some things you didn't mention:

1. they are ridiculously accurate: i've been sniped by these guys from the other side of the room plenty of times now and i swear each of them where headshots.

2. projectile deals way too much damage: even when playing as nezha with warding halo up they one shot my shields with the projectile NOT the explosion

3. shield is broken: that big shield prevents any form of punch through from going through it, unlike the regular shielder (even with my paris prime with max shred i could't get through that shield yet i could shoot through walls), AND it blocks any melee weapon that has long range (staves, polearms, heavy blades, etc) regardless of whether they are facing you, you HAVE TO heavy ground slam and then hit them in the air with these weapons OR use a specific stance so you are not doing sweeping attacks but instead stabs and lunges and even then you need to get behind the guy who turns around surprisingly fast, might i add.

• Like 2

They deal insane damage and even if I see their body parts behind the shield I can't deal damage unless I knock them down or try to get behind them. Either they shouldn't have Tonkor or have their hitboxes slightly increased so that you can just barely hit them while their shield is up or they shouldn't fire a grenade every 0.5 seconds. They never reload Tonkor...

Edited by Tulipunahapero
  • Like 2

for me, they seem pretty weak. sure, they have a giant shield, but it's no use if I just bullet jump above and shot him in the head.

So far, throughout my experience regards to dealing with tonkor holders, I only die once to a lich with poison damage tonkor. i know that gun's damage scale is pretty fcking high.

I think they are like a moving glass cannon but carrys a cover at their front. no counting the shield, they have a defense of a tissue paper

Edited by Arkadia
  • Like 1

You just...jump. You just jump, get behind them, and either do a groundslam or just hit them.

Punchthrough doesn't work on them by design, that's very much intentional. Treat them like Grineer Bursas, except even weaker than Bursas once you're behind the shield.

Alternatively, hit them with either any form of CC, or any explosion weapon.

• Like 1

people are struggling with them? I find they barely get a shot off when I see them. usually I see them, they fire a grenade that lands near me (but not close enough to damage me), then I kill them. either by jumping over and shooting them in mid air, or using a power. they do also have an eye slot, just like regular Shield Lancers, but theirs is waaaay smaller, only a very well aimed shot gets through, assuming the enemy doesn't move. 

never seen them rapid fire or fire accurately. possibly a bug?

• Like 1

I was able to prove that Grineer Grenades (the ones that show up on your minimap now, the beeping plasma grenades) can NOT leak their splash damage through Volt's electric shields. So that might be something to try, see if Volt's electric shield blocks the splash damage from Elite Tonkor too