Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Impact and Mercy kills.

4thBro

How much do we really know about this?

So the Wiki says that an Impact proc "increases Mercy window chance" by 10%, which by default simply has some unknown chance to happen when an enemy reaches 5% HP.

Is this a flat +10%, or is it 10% of whatever the unknown chance already is?

It also states that subsequent Impact procs increase that chance stackingly. Is that +10% per Impact proc?

Additionally, and most importantly... Does the target have to be CURRENTLY Impact statused WHILE at 5% HP??? Or does Impacting them at ANY point in their life span permanently increase these Mercy window chances (capping at 10 Impact procs)?

Extra credit:

This seems very hard to feasibly do. An enemy surviving with 5% HP seems inconsistent to accomplish EVEN WITH playing the same level over and over. Calculate the inconsistency of enemies when you play many different levels, and I feel lost as to how I might be able to consistently go for Mercy kills. We have a lot of Mercy kill Parazons, and that's what I'm trying to go for.

How would you suggest I go for reliable Mercy kills? (And don't say Thrall hunting.)

• Like 3

Yeah, seems pretty derpy to me. At first, I thought (and I guess I skimmed to believe this) that Impact procs simply gave a chance for the target to be Mercyable right then & there.

And frankly, I'd see nothing wrong with that. It's not like being able to auto-kill trash mobs just by Impacting them would enable some super fast map clearing of any difficulty enemies. The execute takes so long, there's basically no way this would be a problem at any point in the game. (Even if the game had "super elite hard & difficult" content that seems to be the current complaint. It's just so slow, lol.)

(Also, Ash does this already anyway, doesn't he?)

Anyway, it indeed seems like it may be unknown, this particular question:

Additionally, and most importantly... Does the target have to be CURRENTLY Impact statused WHILE at 5% HP??? Or does Impacting them at ANY point in their life span permanently increase these Mercy window chances (capping at 10 Impact procs)?

Edited by 4thBro

4 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

The question is does everyone do mercy kill on normal enemy a lot more?🤔

Well, I've seen the prompt come up a lot more often. The problem is that, if you run heat+viral+slash, then the enemy is always dead in the next tick, so the prompt coming up doesn't matter.

14 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

Well, I've seen the prompt come up a lot more often. The problem is that, if you run heat+viral+slash, then the enemy is always dead in the next tick, so the prompt coming up doesn't matter.

it is really sad really that everyone skip it and only use that on either the kuva's thrall or only the lich...we need some sort of corpus copy that.

40 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

it is really sad really that everyone skip it and only use that on either the kuva's thrall or only the lich...we need some sort of corpus copy that.

I use it when it pops up 👍 I tend to level the playing field in my fights though, so I don’t wipe everything out in one shot. I like them, to me they’re a thing that’s there to add a little more flavour to my fights

I had the exact same question and ended up finding a video about it by Xandypants. Basically at 10 stacks there's a 100% chance that the mercy kill icon will show up above the enemies head. It only seems to change how often the mercy kill actually shows up on enemies at low health.

Basically it's nearly worthless as it's currently implemented. Our weapons kill enemies too quickly for it to have any meaningful impact on the game.

Spoiler

Edited by zakaryx
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, zakaryx said:

I had the exact same question and ended up finding a video about it by Xandypants. Basically at 10 stacks there's a 100% chance that the mercy kill icon will show up above the enemies head. It only seems to change how often the mercy kill actually shows up on enemies at low health.

Basically it's worthless as it's currently implemented. Our weapons kill enemies too quickly for it to have any meaningful impact on the game.

so impact increase mercy kill?  Now that is just cruel for it remind me of that time being that moment old history about a club called "Good Day club spear".

Spoiler

Well I wasn't even planning on using Mercy kills for the purpose of... clearing content, or anything. But more so, so that I could play a Frame that runs buffs, and not use Zenurik (or Arcane Energize).

My hope was to Impact the S#&$ outta someone and then Mercy them, and go for the Parazon energy orb proc (50% chance). Just for some nice tidy-ups on my energy if it gets low.

But it's just totally implausible as it is right now.

I'll just wait patiently for it to be addressed. DE does a LOT for this game, and I do not have complaints. They've been a highly regarded company for me. (Probably from the scarring New Blizzard gave me.)

26 minutes ago, 4thBro said:

Well I wasn't even planning on using Mercy kills for the purpose of... clearing content, or anything. But more so, so that I could play a Frame that runs buffs, and not use Zenurik (or Arcane Energize).

My hope was to Impact the S#&$ outta someone and then Mercy them, and go for the Parazon energy orb proc (50% chance). Just for some nice tidy-ups on my energy if it gets low.

But it's just totally implausible as it is right now.

I'll just wait patiently for it to be addressed. DE does a LOT for this game, and I do not have complaints. They've been a highly regarded company for me. (Probably from the scarring New Blizzard gave me.)

Lets hope DE doesn't join with Blizzard then all the warframe communities is screwed as in screwed "No Freedom of Speech".  Just having flash back about "Bethesda Studio" the level tryant level rise so high it reached tryant level "I rule the forum and no fans or players cannot out rule me" type.  Just hope they don't join the pure dark side of the force.