Jump to content
(PS4)Papa_ApplePie

How long do you spend inside Captura. Honestly.

Recommended Posts

I'm kinda just curious.

I believe that I maybe the only weirdo that spends at least an hour setting scenes, setting colors, setting camera angles, telling people how to position their warframe. And that's not including the hours of editing and cleaning up the pictures on a computer program like gimp or photoshop.

So I'm just generally curious to see if there are others out that just go wild on preparations for probably just one picture?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

same, but i dont really edit it afterwards... Still trying to figure out the best display options for a clearer picture... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, I forget Captura is even in the game at all most of the time, unless I see a "XYZ Captura Scene" pop up somewhere which makes me go "Oh right that's a thing".

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very little. Tend make changes as needed and then see what they look like in mission.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Syrethyst said:

same, but i dont really edit it afterwards... Still trying to figure out the best display options for a clearer picture... 

There are a couple way to get a clear shot.

_

Every base captura shot has a bit of grain on start up. Take away the Grain.

You NEED good lighting. Cant stress that good lighting makes for solid crisp details. Dark shots run risks of losing detail.

Once you got your shot set up. Adjust Depth of Field. Everytime you move the camera the Depth settings will be off and you need to reset them every time. It's annoying but it's true.

Those are the three main things you need. Get rid of Grain, Good lighting, adjust Depth, Distance, and Field of View. 

_

You can also just set everything up and turn off Depth of Field. But then you will need an online program to put in blurs and sharpens.

Pros to this tactic. you have complete control over the amount of sharpening details, and blurs you like to adjust focus.

Cons, it's allot more work.

_

Example.

I used the Bleach setting in the background to bring out the second Kavats scales. So give a strong focus point, I had got close to the first Kavats face and blurred it to give  a depth feel.

Of course I used a sharpen tool on the scales to make the whites and grey stronger and blurred the background to keep the focus on the Kavat.

So you can use contrast, Bleach, Edge of Shadows and Negative to set background lighting or completely null something out to make focus points. But it's all on you to figure out your style. I can only provide suggestions to help. 

IDK.png

Hoped it help ❤️ Or tried.
 

 

 

Edited by (PS4)Papa_ApplePie
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A total of 15 seconds since its release.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Enough time to figure out how to escape the map and explore the undersides and innards of the map.

EDIT: Here's an example from one of the Red Veil captura maps (I take random screenshots!).

Spoiler

0opIj7n.jpg

 

Edited by nslay
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I gave it a first serious try about a month ago actually, and spent hours in there to figure out how to make the scene I wanted. Options for camera and lighting are decent, but I was very disappointed in how limiting it is when it comes to setting up a scene with enemies and stuff happening.

I eventually got what I wanted from it, but had to merge pieces from 6-7 screenshots together for the final result.

If I had more control over spawns, characters, and objects in there I could definitely spend a day messing around with it for that perfect shot. At least in times of no content to play. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 used to spend hours in captura to see slow motion of melee stance actions.

(sometimes from a pervy perspective for a femframe...)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried it once, about a month after it first appeared. I spent about ten minutes, made two screenshots, and that’s the only time I’ve ever used it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

i thought captura was just a place for streamers to easily get screenshots of frames for their thumbnails.

Edited by Methanoid
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Zeniistar said:

Over hours.

We just need more Scenes. Why isnt Dojo Captura a thing?

I feel you on the Dojo Captura 100%.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find it very useful when theorizing reworks to mechanics in game.

Been playing around with an idea to dramatically alter the status system in game (before the recent change) and spent a few hours there to get examples of in game functions. Most of which is based on re-purposing existing assets, so captura is perfect for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, (PS4)Papa_ApplePie said:

There are a couple way to get a clear shot.

_

Every base captura shot has a bit of grain on start up. Take away the Grain.

You NEED good lighting. Cant stress that good lighting makes for solid crisp details. Dark shots run risks of losing detail.

Once you got your shot set up. Adjust Depth of Field. Everytime you move the camera the Depth settings will be off and you need to reset them every time. It's annoying but it's true.

Those are the three main things you need. Get rid of Grain, Good lighting, adjust Depth, Distance, and Field of View. 

_

You can also just set everything up and turn off Depth of Field. But then you will need an online program to put in blurs and sharpens.

Pros to this tactic. you have complete control over the amount of sharpening details, and blurs you like to adjust focus.

Cons, it's allot more work.

_

Example.

I used the Bleach setting in the background to bring out the second Kavats scales. So give a strong focus point, I had got close to the first Kavats face and blurred it to give  a depth feel.

Of course I used a sharpen tool on the scales to make the whites and grey stronger and blurred the background to keep the focus on the Kavat.

So you can use contrast, Bleach, Edge of Shadows and Negative to set background lighting or completely null something out to make focus points. But it's all on you to figure out your style. I can only provide suggestions to help. 

IDK.png

Hoped it help ❤️ Or tried.
 

 

 

Show off! I will take your advice at heart though.

Here's my best:

Off with Clem's head (with War):

Spoiler

7X7YKzb.jpg

Killing the Operator (Not exactly Captura... to do this, use 'X' to pet your Kavat/Kubrow and your Warframe will now have melee equipped in Orbiter):

Spoiler

XU5rCJo.jpg

 

Edited by nslay
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I spent 10 minutes in Captura to take a picture of my Operator after I maxed out my very first Focus Tree..... Haven't touched it since.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too much. Way too much and it's ALWAYS with the female frames. *wink*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, nslay said:

Show off! I will take your advice at heart though.

Here's my best:

Off with Clem's head (with War):

  Reveal hidden contents

7X7YKzb.jpg

Killing the Operator (Not exactly Captura... to do this, use 'X' to pet your Kavat/Kubrow and your Warframe will now have melee equipped in Orbiter):

  Reveal hidden contents

XU5rCJo.jpg

 

I like the Killing Operator the most!

Thanks for sharing. Its nice to meet others that spend time in the captura lol.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Probably spent about... 5 hours total? The slow motion function is really good for spotting small details in animations you might not catch normally because they are too fast. For example, the zaar has 3 different projectiles. The studded cannon ball, the clusters, but more interestingly the projectiles the shotgun uses are the studds from the main cannon ball. It's weird, but the fact they tried to make it vaguely sensible how this cannon ball can also fire like a shotgun.

Or how extensively animated the corinth is.


I'm a chronic detail hound. 

Edited by Annnoth
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...