Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How long do you spend inside Captura. Honestly.

Haven't opened Captura in months. Just like Happy Zephyr, Frame Fighter and Shazwin, I don't consider Captura to be part of the core game. Rather, I see it as a secondary downtime distraction or gimmick with no use or purpose with regards to game progression, and I don't engage with parts of the game that don't contribute towards any form of progression.

Edited by Jarriaga
  • Like 1

Under 30 mins, probably less than 15 if I'm being honest, since it was released. 

In all honesty, I feel this is another one of those things that DE didn't need to waste dev time for but it does give them an easily made set of scenes they can pull from for new 'rewards' etc.....

• Like 3

If I had a more powerful system to play it on, I would. The reason I migrated to Switch is because my Laptop has a potato Intel integrated GPU. I recently found out that I may as well have stuck to PC, since it still looks and runs better than on the Switch. Actually doesn't run that bad on my potato PC. Warframe is insanely well optimized. DE gets my props for having possibly the most well optimized videogame I've played (except for Nintendo IP, which will always benefit from Iwata's genius, RIP him, what a great man).

• Like 2

12 hours ago, (PS4)Papa_ApplePie said:

There are a couple way to get a clear shot.

_

Every base captura shot has a bit of grain on start up. Take away the Grain.

You NEED good lighting. Cant stress that good lighting makes for solid crisp details. Dark shots run risks of losing detail.

Once you got your shot set up. Adjust Depth of Field. Everytime you move the camera the Depth settings will be off and you need to reset them every time. It's annoying but it's true.

Those are the three main things you need. Get rid of Grain, Good lighting, adjust Depth, Distance, and Field of View. 

_

You can also just set everything up and turn off Depth of Field. But then you will need an online program to put in blurs and sharpens.

Pros to this tactic. you have complete control over the amount of sharpening details, and blurs you like to adjust focus.

Cons, it's allot more work.

_

Example.

I used the Bleach setting in the background to bring out the second Kavats scales. So give a strong focus point, I had got close to the first Kavats face and blurred it to give  a depth feel.

Of course I used a sharpen tool on the scales to make the whites and grey stronger and blurred the background to keep the focus on the Kavat.

So you can use contrast, Bleach, Edge of Shadows and Negative to set background lighting or completely null something out to make focus points. But it's all on you to figure out your style. I can only provide suggestions to help. 

IDK.png

Hoped it help ❤️ Or tried.

Oh I meant the normal game display options! (esc>options) Sometimes my frames look super clear when close up, but once I move further away, it gets spotty/glowy/not as smooth.. Not sure if shadow quality does that, or something else..

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, ty91 said:

I have spent zero time doing these things for that reason. It makes me mad that i have to fish and mine once in a while

I see where you're coming from, but I personally don't have a problem with mining and fishing because they at least contribute crafting materials. Granted, they could be enemy drops, but at least they give you something.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

I see where you're coming from, but I personally don't have a problem with mining and fishing because they at least contribute crafting materials. Granted, they could be enemy drops, but at least they give you something.

I kind of agree with the other guy, mining isn't really enjoyable but the annoying thing is it could be made 'better' by just removing the rng and having more colour 'rocks' so we can just mine the exact colour we want etc. 

Fishing is basically 'pick your fish type' at the end of the day and while I can't say it's enjoyable (it was a good xp farm originally though) it's mechanic for getting individual fish types is overall better (if not a bit costly now) than the rng that is mining. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

I kind of agree with the other guy, mining isn't really enjoyable but the annoying thing is it could be made 'better' by just removing the rng and having more colour 'rocks' so we can just mine the exact colour we want etc. 

That would certainly be an improvement. 

• 2 weeks later...