Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Livestream Schedule: April 6 - 9

[DE]Helen

"There is no Working From Home Devstream planned this week because of the long weekend. More to come in a future week"

This sounds very much like "We took too long of a break, so we're taking a longer break"

Just admit that you don't want to face the criticism for your "Healing Defendable Targets" Dev Worshop already

15 hours ago, GreyDeath789 said:

Hehe...yes lets justify over 175 days of intermission 2 due to the pandemic crisis...that sounds great.

Setting up dev environments, streaming capability, team meetings, etc. remotely does take some effort...so delays/slowdown in nerfs...er..hotfixes can be expected to some degree. But to try to blame the excessively long delay to the pandemic is just silly.

"Glassmaker" isn't ready and people are 90/90 on nightwave due to the 175+ days of intermission 2...and the big issue it seems on the forums is the lack of Nitain purchases via nightwave. If DE is locking them behind nightwave then address the inability to use nightwave to grind out the creds to get them.

I was not trying to say the entire delay is due to recent events. As I said, it was rather delayed prior to the pandemic. I was just saying that I am sure switching things to a work at home situation is not helping any. It certainly didn't help Scarlet Spear. I mean updates usually have bugs, but in my memory I cannot think of one that was this bad. Some of that, as they have said and as I can imagine, is due to having to switch gears to working at home on less then optimal equipment.

I was not trying to make excuses, its still a very long delay that I hope they can prevent in the future. SS is still a very buggy mess that I also hope they can learn from and improve in the future. I'm just trying to say that the fixes are going to take longer then any of us would like.

I had to finally sign up just so I can comment here. So often I read through the responses to these posts/updates and I think to myself "Jeez... (insert username) is so entitled!"

Sigh...

First off I would like to say THANK YOU DE for making such a great game and clearly caring about your product to the level that you still support, fix, update and even involve your fan base in the process. It's rare now in this industry to have a developer give this much care and attention to their existing game opposed to just releasing it and abandoning it for the next product. The fact alone that we have 7 years and you still are committed says VOLUMES about you as a company. That's impressive and although I may come and go over the years the game is here to greet me like an old friend with so much for me to do when I come back each time. Again thank you.

Obviously I am an avid fan of the game and I'm not so deluded to say that it isn't without its flaws. However there has never been a flaw/bug that has ruined my experience. I have always been impressed by that level of commitment with the updates and hotfixes.

Now to the roundabout point of this specific thread post which I alluded to in the beginning. This really was about the fan base; not all because most are supportive, but the ones that constantly whine and complain about every little thing. Boo hoo you don't NEED a Kubrow egg or boo hoo this particular incentive doesn't appeal to you. Fantastic that you can make all these pieces already. This wasn't about YOU. Stop being so entitled that you think the Developer should alter or change what they are doing to further convenience you. Do I personally need these? No, but they are giving something for free when they don't need to. Don't complain about something you receive for literally doing nothing. This is DE's game. DE's story. So let them tell it and release it how they want to. Criticism is healthy and helpful, but be constructive. Don't cry because a specific event just happens to not coincide with YOUR schedule or complain because Nightwave is longer than you want. The fact that they are still working on the game during lockdown should be appreciated enough... Which it is clearly by the majority of us. So again thank you DE. Keep up the great work and the future services you do for the base. We look forward to whatever comes next. 👍

Archived