Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Derelict Crashing, Terrible Fps Choke-Ups A.k.a. "lotus: Something Is Wrong..."

H0PE

Derelict is getting worse than ever for me. Today at least 3-4times now froze. Tried to tone down my vga and cpu speed, my drivers are uptodate (granted, beta drivers but latest, and if even bf4 working flawlessly then all game should, if they properly coded).

In the box rooms, the new corridors, and in general everything where are trees there is some huge fps lag/spike/choke.

As lotus would say:

"Something is wrong..."

I7@920, HD6990, 12GB 1800Mhz Ram, SSD, Full HD Max quality works all the way for me, every game, every time, no freezing... Except Derelict Maps.

2 more freezes.

I have hard time finding groups the chat is terrible (the time to take a whisper to a guy is crazy). Or you get squad full error message when they aren't.

And then derelict freezing at the end.

I can't play this anymore, but at least not until derelict is cleaned and fixed up a bit.

It's bad for me too. Since this most recent update, my FPS has gone down over all, the UI is more buggy, and i see weird things like the Orokin derelict ship, floating  in the lobby, looks like all it's tendrils are in a tornado, blowing everywhere... you know, Space Wind. The most frustrating thing seems to be when I host, players are auto-queueing randomly. So we can't organize our dragon keys. One of their clients queues itself and we have 60s, if that, to discuss tactics. Glad they fixed all those bugs. But. Now they have more bugs to fix...

It's bad for me too. Since this most recent update, my FPS has gone down over all, the UI is more buggy, and i see weird things like the Orokin derelict ship, floating  in the lobby, looks like all it's tendrils are in a tornado, blowing everywhere... you know, Space Wind.  -snip-

This, dude! Happened the first and last time I tried to play one of this crappylict missions. I'm bored of it so I'll wait 'till theres a fix. Not like I need something from them anyways, neither I was planning on playing those lousy vaults.

Edited by Muitopedrinho

I like the new vaults and the mods found inside and I want to farm mutagen samples, but as others said, the latest patch made the derelict much worse than it was before.

By enabling multi-threaded rendering and disabling DX11 it is playable, but far from enjoyable.

Well, maybe I give dx9 a try, but... shouldn't be related to different directx coding, more like tesselation issue and counting error. On some areas I hear my vga start getting more loud, and fps drops to a stuttery 5-15fps. That shoudln't happen with a dual gpu, and an 8threaded i7. I mean even bf4 can't max out the utilization on my vga nor on my cpu 99%. That only happens if some error occures in the code and memory leak or loop occures.

I'm really really frustrated about this, I was really trying to enjoy derelict all day and it was _barely_ enjoyable.

I swapped to dx9 and it does look worse no doubt. However at trees and more complex derelict locations there is no fps hit.

DE: There is some dx11 related (engine) issue in derelcit maps! Have to fix it!

Orokin void has been fine for me, decent framerate, no crashes in 8-9 runs.

I've been using dx11, and not using the multi-threaded renderer. Turns out they turned off the multi-threaded renderer with one of the recent patches.

Orokin void has been fine for me, decent framerate, no crashes in 8-9 runs.

I've been using dx11, and not using the multi-threaded renderer. Turns out they turned off the multi-threaded renderer with one of the recent patches.

Multi-thread is optional and was turned off with new patch for those who did have it on. 

On my personal expierence I did only like 15 runs in derelict after they were released to get Nekros an that was it. FPS drops and crashes were driving me crazy. But with this update I did around 13 runs yeterday and crashed only once with very rare fps drop. This option does help quite a lot.

Also Warframe is designed mainly for Nvidia because they do help DE. So if you have a different video card you are in disadvantage.