Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primed Vigor or Primed Shred?

4thBro

I have to make this decision before I can continue playing, and all of a sudden I'm having a midlife crisis!

Vigor seems like the "obvious" choice, but Shred could be a pretty nice QoL over Vile Accel (for applicable guns), only losing a little bit of speed.

Admittedly, I don't think I use many guns where punch is useful. In fact, I tend to lean towards melee anyway.

However, Vigor's also not entirely useful, mostly just serves as "even more" of the one thing you're trying to stack. Hmmmmmm...

I'm thinking Vigor, honestly?

I'm gonna gooooo wiiiiiiiiiiith SHRED!

The difference between Vigor and Primed Vigor is 100% of HP/shield, which isn't actually that much of a difference. While Shred gets a whole 1.0 more punch, and 25% speed, seems more drastic.

10 minutes ago, 4thBro said:

I have to make this decision before I can continue playing, and all of a sudden I'm having a midlife crisis!

Vigor seems like the "obvious" choice, but Shred could be a pretty nice QoL over Vile Accel (for applicable guns), only losing a little bit of speed.

Admittedly, I don't think I use many guns where punch is useful. In fact, I tend to lean towards melee anyway.

However, Vigor's also not entirely useful, mostly just serves as "even more" of the one thing you're trying to stack. Hmmmmmm...

I'm thinking Vigor, honestly?

Only 3 frames use vigor in their builds - Hildryn, Mesa, and Gara.

Shred is far more flexible, between a variety of rifles and bow builds.

2 минуты назад, GrazeZeroLow сказал:

Only 3 frames use vigor in their builds - Hildryn, Mesa, and Gara.

Shred is far more flexible, between a variety of rifles and bow builds.

Well, vigor can be used on equal-split frames now that shields aren't worthless. And on Inaros meme build.

• Like 3

yeah you'll definitely use Shred more, generally.

8 minutes ago, GrazeZeroLow said:

Only 3 frames use vigor in their builds

far more than three could, but hypersituational and all.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

At least you're not the idiot that got Primed Fury.

even though Primed Fury is one of the best Primed Mods in the game?

Edited by taiiat
  • Like 6

Primed Fury seems useless to me, as well. After Berserk, the only attack speed worth a slot for melee slots seems to be any you may get on a Riven that already has crit damage, and... maybe something else, like an element (or range).

Plus you can get some nice IAS from Arcane Strike, which weakens that multiplier further, from what you'd get via Primed Fury at that point.

Primed Shred is almost a universal primary mod for me, punchthrough is really strong and shred does it pretty much just as efficiently as the dedicated counterpart on top of the very strong speed boost, which is a great DPS increase for most weapons, the only weapons that don't scale well with shred are the dedicated launchers nowadays. (before I used shred as a sort of 'safety net' for teammates stepping in front of me or what have you and aimed at the floor with the boom type weapons. Not so critical with the rework.)

But Vigor? it's super expensive and fairly niche, I don't see a lot of frames where I'm thinking. 'Yes, clearly more, inefficient bulk is the answer.'

I think you’ll get more use out of Vigor, especially now that shield gating is a thing.

I took shred first and haven’t used it once. I just never can find room for punch through on my builds, and if I want fire rate I just go speed trigger or vile acceleration. Primed Shred is just too much of an investment for not enough reward, imo.

1 hour ago, 4thBro said:

Primed Fury seems useless to me, as well. After Berserk, the only attack speed worth a slot for melee slots seems to be any you may get on a Riven that already has crit damage, and... maybe something else, like an element (or range).

Plus you can get some nice IAS from Arcane Strike, which weakens that multiplier further, from what you'd get via Primed Fury at that point.

one advantage to having prime Fury over berserk is finisher speed,  berserk speed increase doesn't count for that.  though I'm only building for that in certain Niche cases and leveling weapons.

• Like 1

I would say primed shred.

Its more versatile ,

Primed vigor .... i have on none of my frames at the moment.

shields are only good for their shield gating even with the changes, if it granted shield recharge bonus instead then it would be a competition.

7 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

shields are only good for their shield gating even with the changes, if it granted shield recharge bonus instead then it would be a competition.

Don’t forget slash status no longer bypasses shields, and those bleeds can get pretty nasty at high levels.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)sister-hawk said:

Don’t forget slash status no longer bypasses shields, and those bleeds can get pretty nasty at high levels.

Yes they can , in which case shields will still be gone in a single tick and you are saved by shield gating.

Dont get me wrong ,shields are better than before, they (capacity) are just not worth sacrificing dedicated health for.

55 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Yes they can , in which case shields will still be gone in a single tick and you are saved by shield gating.

Dont get me wrong ,shields are better than before, they (capacity) are just not worth sacrificing dedicated health for.

Not really. Before the changes a frame like Mag was near impossible to play in high levels because one slash proc and she exploded. Now I can take a few ticks and have time to actually notice before all my shields are gone. Shields also now have an inherent 25% DR, which is enough to slow those slashes down a bit.

On any frame that has low armor, higher base shields than health, and no DR ability, more shields will equate to more eHP than more health, unless you are relying heavily on Arcane Guardian.

Was Primed Sure Footed in that list of choices? Cause it both fixes Titanias flight issue (because DE thought it would be cute to have her spin out if she brushes against a surface) and allows you to ignore all self knockdown from weapons. 

Right now I'm using Primed Sure Footed on three frames which is more action than either Primed Shred and Vigor get if I lump them together.