Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What to do first?

Splaetto

Question

Hey folks,

i am relatively new to this game. Means i've never done an Eidolon hunt, never killed a kuva lich, have no clan (so i started my own since thats one way to get Dragon Keys, but damn...its rough), etc. - to me Warframe feels really versatile.

So far this game looks very interesting in my opinion and im willing to put effort in it. But to be honest im quiet "overwhelmed" with the many tasks i have to do to reach the endgame (even tho ive heard alot that there is no real endgame). Well, not the tasks by itself, more the order i should follow.

I would like to ask wich Stuff i should prioritise.

Mod farming?

Killing my Kuva Lich (maybe more until i get a good weapon (what IS a good weapon))?

Looking for a Group so i can go on my first Eidolon Hunt?

Grinding my Mastery Rank (currently 7)?

Doing ALL the quests available to me for more Warframes/Mods/Blueprints?

I did following Quests:

Spoiler

- Vors Prize

- Howl of the Kubrow

- Once Awake

- The Archwing

- Stolen Dreams

- Limbo Theorem

- The New Strange

- Natah

- The Second Dream

- The War Within

- Hidden Messages

- Chains of Harrow

- Apostasy Prologue

- The Sacrifice

- The Silver Grove

Other stuff i dont even know yet?

For me, it makes sense if i grind my Mastery Rank up to (at least) 10-11 so i have access to more blueprints, can farm more reputation and so on.

I appreciate every Help you guys can give me.

Ps: I dont know if this is helpful for you to know whats my current situation is but: maining Nidus. With my Build so far im able to do Kuva Lich Missions (shoutout to the guys/girls ive traded with for the mods). Already started the Helminth procedure.

13 answers to this question

The first 2 things I want to say as fast as possible (and then i'll come back and edit)

1: Explore the star map. They've done a good job with the difficulty scale in the star map and it exposes you to a little bit of everything over time (plus it opens up access to things you might not have had earlier. 

2: do all the quests. some are just informational, some are good for getting frames, and others expand the world as a whole and opens your eyes to enlightenment (like second dream and war within)

• Like 3

The very first thing I would advise anyone to do who hasn't is to complete the starchart.

I'm surprised you've been able to do Kuva Liches, I think access to them is too low as many people end up with a lich and aren't at all ready for it.

Something you could do as well is grind faction for Cetus and Fortuna. But having such a low MR means you will only be able to get a small amount at any given time.

It's up to you really. But I would advise waiting a bit to dive into rougher stuff.

53 minutes ago, Splaetto said:

have no clan (so i started my own since thats one way to get Dragon Keys, but damn...its rough)

Unless you really like the dojo building process, I suggest just joining an existing clan. Almost any clan will do.

Word to the wise: Warframe clans are not like guilds in an MMO. In general, they boil down to a dojo, which boils down to the place you get weapon and gear item blueprints and access the trading console.

So if you build all that from scratch, you're duplicating a lot of completed work. Only worth it if that's your jam. Otherwise totally unnecessary.

• Like 1

I strongly suggest:

0.) Leave/destroy your clan for now

1.) Farm min. 2 millions credits in Index

2.) Join a clan

3.) Buy ALL Dojo blueprints you can get! (some of them could be MR locked)

4.) Build those weapons/warframes/gear and level your MR

5.) Buy the rest of Dojo blueprints (MR 10-14)

You will get access to great weapons - Arca plasmor, Tenora etc. And then when you are bored around ~MR20, you can build your own clan.

Edited by (PS4)shann_cz
  • Like 1

Is it any helpful to tell you to do what you like? 😀

I mean, for a new player, Warframe may seem like a giant grind wall. And if you begin climbing that wall for the long time promise of being able to do high level stuff and be op, not because you enjoy the climb, all this will begin to feel like some lengthy homework real soon. I remember having a very impractical approach when I started playing, progressed very slowly, did stuff that seemed interesting. And I'm still enjoying this game, 4 (or 5? OMG) years later. So just take it easy!

Now, to also say something specific. I think the others pointed you to a good direction - gain Mastery ranks, join a dojo instead of building your own (it's not meant to be done by new players alone, too overwhelming). While you're at the MR farming, should keep the best accessible versions of the weapons you like, don't delete them just because they reached lvl 30 (the best platinum investments are slots). Try getting as much mods as possible, and level them up!

Open world bounties give you good exclusive stuff, but I think you shouldn't bother with Eidolons (or Orb Mothers) yet. Empyrean is a lot of fun, you should try that, but don't bother building your own railjack yet - just hitch a ride with other Tenno. I'd say don't bother with kuva liches either, but if you already have one, maybe try killing it, don't let them steal your hard earned resources!

Edited by (PS4)Viveeeh

Thank you all for the response and the helpful comments. ❤️

Most of you recommend to clear the star chart and getting MR/Reputation with specific Factions.

So my to do list looks like this now:

- Farming 2 mio. Credits (Seimeni on Ceres looks good to me if u have a booster. ~45k Credits every 4-5 min.) . Maybe Index runs?

- Joining a Clan wich has access to Dragon Keys (requirement for Eris Junction) + buying all blueprints -> building them

- Do ALL(!) the Quests

- Grinding my MR

Any further suggestions? And again, Thank you all 😃

5 hours ago, Splaetto said:

Farming 2 mio. Credits (Seimeni on Ceres looks good to me if u have a booster. ~45k Credits every 4-5 min.) . Maybe Index runs?

I strongly suggest Index runs instead of regular missions. Dark Sectors seem to yield a nice amount of credits at first sight, but Index is just so much faster, the two can't even really be compared. And you don't have to be that op to beat the first round even on the highest investment difficulty, you just need a durable warframe.

5 hours ago, Splaetto said:

Any further suggestions? And again, Thank you all

I don't have any, you have a good plan. You're welcome 😊

Edited by (PS4)Viveeeh

14 hours ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

Is it any helpful to tell you to do what you like? 😀

I mean, for a new player, Warframe may seem like a giant grind wall. And if you begin climbing that wall for the long time promise of being able to do high level stuff and be op, not because you enjoy the climb, all this will begin to feel like some lengthy homework real soon. I remember having a very impractical approach when I started playing, progressed very slowly, did stuff that seemed interesting. And I'm still enjoying this game, 4 (or 5? OMG) years later. So just take it easy!

Now, to also say something specific. I think the others pointed you to a good direction - gain Mastery ranks, join a dojo instead of building your own (it's not meant to be done by new players alone, too overwhelming). While you're at the MR farming, should keep the best accessible versions of the weapons you like, don't delete them just because they reached lvl 30 (the best platinum investments are slots). Try getting as much mods as possible, and level them up!

Open world bounties give you good exclusive stuff, but I think you shouldn't bother with Eidolons (or Orb Mothers) yet. Empyrean is a lot of fun, you should try that, but don't bother building your own railjack yet - just hitch a ride with other Tenno. I'd say don't bother with kuva liches either, but if you already have one, maybe try killing it, don't let them steal your hard earned resources!

All very sound except I built my Dojo solo, even when I had a friend join as he plays once a year it feels. I'm now MR18, on the road to 19- Basically a solo Dojo is doable but it is hard work.

8 hours ago, (PS4)Claudija said:

All very sound except I built my Dojo solo, even when I had a friend join as he plays once a year it feels. I'm now MR18, on the road to 19- Basically a solo Dojo is doable but it is hard work.

I know what you mean, kind of inherited a friend's clan myself. The resources needed for the researches of a small clan are absolutely affordable now, but it would have been a huge task as a beginner. I totally agree with this:

On 2020-04-07 at 4:55 AM, FadeToNull said:

Unless you really like the dojo building process, I suggest just joining an existing clan. Almost any clan will do. [...] So if you build all that from scratch, you're duplicating a lot of completed work. Only worth it if that's your jam. Otherwise totally unnecessary.

10 hours ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

I know what you mean, kind of inherited a friend's clan myself. The resources needed for the researches of a small clan are absolutely affordable now, but it would have been a huge task as a beginner. I totally agree with this:

I'm with you and the poster you quoted with me, it is hard going but if our OP is going to make a Clan some point the grind is no different just easier if they have a setup to make it a little easier

//update: Got myself a Clan, bought ~15 Blueprints, currently building 10 of them. Mastery Rank 8.

Todays to do list:

- Identifying my Rifle Riven Mod

- Leveling Volt and Banshee + some weapons

- Building Archwing Startramp

/e: Got my Rifle Riven Mod! Tonkor Vexi-argiata. +187% Damage, 57.1% Damage to Grineer, +115,8% Electricity, -51,9% Ammo Maximum. Could someone rate this Riven Mod? For me it looks not that great because Damage to Grineer feels like a little waste. And i would assume you have to compare the -Ammo Maximum with another Mod.

Edited by Splaetto
  • Like 2

On 2020-04-06 at 6:38 PM, Splaetto said:

Means i've never done an Eidolon hunt, never killed a kuva lich

Both eidolons and liches are kind of pointless for a newer player.  The big appeal of eidolons is that is how you acquired arcanes but it takes a decent setup up to complete.  Your operator needs a lot of work in particular.  And then having arcanes is hardly necessary especially when playing newer player level content.  Pass on that for a long time.

Similarly liches give you nothing but a select set of weapons.  While those weapons are good they are still going to be limited by your access to catalysts and formas and the mods you own (and what rank they are).  It's a lot of effort for minimal return.

A new player should be focused on ranking up syndicates.  The base ones like Red Veil, etc.  Plus the open worlds ones: Cetus / Quills, Solaris united / Vox solaris.  These things are gated on a standing per day cap.  If you don't start them early there is no way to catch up because of the cap.

Farm endo like a maniac just the same as people are telling you to farm credits.  Having a mod means nothing if you can't rank it up.

Farm lots of void fissures.  You need formas, ducats and prime parts by the boat load.

Farm focus.  There is a lot of power in your operator but it all needs to be unlocked and that takes a MASSIVE amount of time.

• Like 2