Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So what are making Warframe bad currently?

(PSN)songojames

18 minutes ago, (PS4)songojames said:

I’ve been hearing recently that Warframe has been getting worse to the point of it being bad now. Could someone list the things wrong with Warframe that are causing this? Thanks.

To me it's the practically the same exact game with just a ton more things to do and grind. I'm not sure what people are expecting.

All I know is that this game went from logging on and playing void defense over and over to logging on, being able to fly a ship, spawn a custom mini-boss, create craaazy dojos, fighting Sentients, mess around on huge maps, craft custom weapons, two new endless challenge modes, and much more. 

It boggles my mind that anyone that's played Warframe for 1000+ hrs could possibly think the game is getting worse. 

Not saying the game is perfect by any stretch, but Warframe has pretty much been consistently Warframe. The newest things has always been where the grind was heaviest. In comparison, there are tons of older things that are easy as heck to max now than it was years ago. 

• Like 29

26 minutes ago, (PS4)songojames said:

I’ve been hearing recently that Warframe has been getting worse to the point of it being bad now. Could someone list the things wrong with Warframe that are causing this? Thanks.

Its not bad, the thing its that most veterans have this romantic fantasy about the warframe of old and always say it was better this wasn't like that and so on, but if you look at it from an outside perspective warframe have actually became better with the pass of time. In old days you had to pay for revive, every new warframe weapon or event was bugged as hell, there was no orbiter, you had stamina for parkour, there was no bullet hump but you had to glitch the game to copter around, it was even messier than now but since nowadays vets weren't vets at that time and everything was new to them ti felt better to them than now 7 years later there its nothing really new since they are high tier players since long and since they ahve about everything they rush new content way too fast not allowing dev to patch it before they burn themselves again and dont want to play it after it gets somehow fixed since they already have all the rewards.

In resume they are like that old family member that have no one of their age so complains about everything and have lot of nostalgia and awe for the days of old even if it weren't as good as they think.

• Like 10

The game is just overextended due to a patchwork of ideas that have come and gone...I get the feeling the gears are coming undone under the hood considering all the bugs of late between the first round not progressing to the second so you lose all rewards after the fact to just random maps glitching ontop of each other that isn't even Onslaught. 

I hope DE Thanos snaps the star map using the New War to do so..This game really needs to simplify and cut all the slivers of unplayed content from the pie chart they put up in order to free itself. 

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, (PS4)songojames said:

What made it not what it used to be outside promises? 

It's the common problem with games really. The devs first set a high standart for themselves (think the Second Dream, Specters of the Rail, Sacrifice), and then when something goes wrong they inevitably begin to fail high ecpectations the playerbase has. They become overconfident from their previous success, but not always manage to keep their quality high.

When you see people saying Warframe is not what it used to be, they usually refer to pre-PoE time when the strategy of the devs was more to rely on small content packs, rather than huge expansions. The latter is more risky, if an expansion fails (which it was for the three previous updates), it impacts the game much more begatively than a smaller content pack.

• Like 7

We're sick of half-assed updates with no clear goal in mind

They added Liches as a personal, randomised nemesis. We got a murmur farm mini-game which leads to Liches being killed in two hours

They made Railjack as an big expansion. We got a game-mode that has nothing to do with the core game with always the same thing to do: Kill big grineer ships, disable the kill-ship platform, & kill 70 smaller ships

Now Scarlet Spear, they said themselves that they wanted to lesser the grind & just have a fun event to get arcanes. We got even more grind than Eidolons & got Khora & Limbo being nerfed because of one temporary event

We just want DE to listen, if they continue this way, it's not gonna be a break of a few months, we're gonna leave the game for good this time

• Like 21

24 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

To me it's the practically the same exact game with just a ton more things to do and grind. I'm not sure what people are expecting.

All I know is that this game went from logging on and playing void defense over and over to logging on, being able to fly a ship, spawn a custom mini-boss, create craaazy dojos, fighting Sentients, mess around on huge maps, craft custom weapons, two new endless challenge modes, and much more. 

It boggles my mind that anyone that's played Warframe for 1000+ hrs could possibly think the game is getting worse. 

Not saying the game is perfect by any stretch, but Warframe has pretty much been consistently Warframe. The newest things has always been where the grind was heaviest. In comparison, there are tons of older things that are easy as heck to max now than it was years ago. 

I just hit 1000 hrs and I'm only getting started lol.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Thando said:

Bugs, inconsistent UI and design choices and disconnected content islands. 

But it's not "bad", just not as good as it once was. 

What exactly was Warframe?? 

Was it not a game of doing the same exact thing over and over for few rewards? The game is better by virtue of we grind just as much, but have more things to grind for. 

• Like 5

They are fighting symptoms rather than the cause of their problems...

• Limbo is making the boring event more bearable -> get nerfed instead of a proper event
  • Healing abilities are healing -> get removed/nerfed instead of a proper rework
  • Everyone is complaining about the Murmur grind -> grind gets increased first and needed a ton of complains to get decreased again instead of a proper lich system (i still thing the murmur should be a bit more like the game master mind, and not just grind till you have all 3 and just test the three and slkip the rest)
  • Leaving old content behind -> old buggy content (Eidolons, Jordas) instead of fixing it
  • But on the same hand they are adding more and more content islands...
  • And then just removing it like raids, index map, dark sector, leaderboards, instead of reworking them
  • Nerfing to much, old Tonkor, Catchmoon, Redeemer, Zenistar, (soon Bramma?), many changes to make things line of sight, killing of endless melee scaling, killing combos for repetitive e key spam, corrosive (and cp) nerf insteads of a proper mod/dmg/health rework (look at everything and not just a small part (btw. we are still missing the "ragebar" which was teaser/announced for melee 3.0))
  • Promise stuff that looks awsome and then it is a buggy/broken mess on release --> Railjack, Liches, Eidolons, serveral events (nstead of saying this is just a small test they act like it*s content for weeks or months
  • Old bugs ain't getting fixed -> waiypoint system and lighting is broken since years  and especially the waypoint system is getting worse and worse.... instead of adressing the issue it gets ignored
  • Everything is made for newbies and casual accessability, like Eidolons on Earth for Mr0 Newbies, Railjack for all, reducing railjack costs, instead "Endgame" or "Vet" content or something "challenging" for those who are playing for a while (design council challenges were nice, but got drop cause to many cried...)
  • Making previous farming looking like a joke, thumper -> no more fishing needed, exploiter orb -> skip fortuna farm, eidolons -> skip trials, scarlet spear -> skip eidolons instead of adressing the grind/time needed
  • They don't vaule time spend and rewards -> blazing step ephemera with it'S 1.01% is a joke, time speed grinding is a joke and needed to be changes in multiple events, event the in latest with sparlet spear
  • Riven system is broken mess -> instead of a proper stat, damage, cc rework, but people are willing to spend huge amounts of plat for that stuff
  • Broken promises -> like ephemera as "challenge reward", so far that's only kinda true for the bleeding body one which can eb bought for vitus essence and the new one which can be bought for anormaly shards, the rest are pure RNG with ridiculous low drop chances aka an huge grind or pay to get...
  • Removing reactions on the forums, now we only have the like button.... i want my dislike and hahaha button back...

And much more...

Edited by Dark_Lugia
  • Like 25

People have a right to be upset that they're being used as a test server.

Bugs and Quality of Life fixes should always be complained about.

However, people whining about frame genders and not being able to get MR 29, or whining because a 7 year game made changes arent even close to being taken seriously. They're complete time wasters.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Its not Warframe content that is "Bad", what people are saying is DE keeps promesing this revolutionary update, hyping the shyte out of it, then releasing an isolated Grind Island with daily caps and mechanics that are meant to stretch out content,  Its not that people are saying warframe is a bad game its saying that DE's decision making is a little bit wierd last 2 years.

• Like 7

It's getting tiresome because the game has no distinct direction at all in terms of what it wants to be as a game and some changes make no sense.  Nerfing status on shotguns for example, they could have just made it so the total status chance was the chance per pellet to proc whether the status chance was 1% or 99.9% and not total number of pellets divided by total status chance/under old system you had 99% status chance and 11 pellets each pellet would have 9% status chance though if you got 100% status chance all your pellets procced no matter what.  The only good shotguns now are those that can get 100% per pellet like exergis and kohm for some reason is in some weird separate class where you can get over 300% status chance on it with the right riven.  Were status shotguns overpowered?  Not remotely, the game has been based on crit for years with the exception of condition overload melee's oh wait they nerfed that too.  Build diversity crumbled into nothing with status proc changes making you want to abuse viral + slash on every single weapon, all the other status effects can #*!% right off if you want the most DPS.  

Edited by (XB1)COA Altair
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

New content being more focused on wasting our time than creating a fun, rewarding experience.

The entire game is about wasting time to get more efficient at wasting time 

Edited by Hypernaut1
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Hypernaut1 said:

literally all of this

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, (XB1)COA Altair said:

It's getting tiresome because the game has no distinct direction at all in terms of what it wants to be as a game and some changes make no sense.  Nerfing status on shotguns for example, they could have just made it so the total status chance was the chance per pellet to proc whether the status chance was 1% or 99.9% and not total number of pellets divided by total status chance/under old system you had 99% status chance and 11 pellets each pellet would have 9% status chance though if you got 100% status chance all your pellets procced no matter what.  The only good shotguns now are those that can get 100% per pellet like exergis and kohm for some reason is in some weird separate class where you can get over 300% status chance on it with the right riven.  Were status shotguns overpowered?  Not remotely, the game has been based on crit for years with the exception of condition overload melee's oh wait they nerfed that too.  Build diversity crumbled into nothing with status proc changes making you want to abuse viral + slash on every single weapon, all the other status effects can #*!% right off if you want the most DPS.  

So wait... what exactly is Warframe supposed to be as a game?? 

• Like 3

i think its not that the game is getting worse,but the update is getting worse relative to player expectations,especially for people that keep up with the behind the scene DE share like the devstream,twitter post,etc like myself.at least i used to.For the last 5 update or so they always overpromise and underdeliver more than usual

and the timing is probably bad too,maybe theres a lot of people already getting burned out by the game after playing it for years and get fed up the overpromise and underdelivery of the update at the same time as these "bad" update get release with even more bug than usual(like people get bugged out of their event mission reward,which is the worst feeling in a game like WF)

as for me,this is the first time im not interested on going back playing more than just "login in and maybe buy new baro stuff that i dont have" even after 3+ month break like i usually do,and im glad im currently have another game i can invest my time into beside WF

• Like 1