Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So what are making Warframe bad currently?

(PSN)songojames

15 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

So wait... what exactly is Warframe supposed to be as a game?? 

Just now, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

Fun

as shallow and subjective as that answer is its the best I could think up, the stuff DE has been putting out has just not been fun.

warframe started to feel more like a second job to me and my friends so we all just took a break. Popped back in for liches/railjack that was/is garbage, popped back in for scarlet spear, more garbage. Game stinks with all the trash piling up, best for me option for me is wait and see if DE can air it out.

I've done more or less all there is to do in warframe; these new updates don't offer me anything fun to play with, they're exciting when announced and very disappointing to experience.

• Like 12

1 minute ago, FoxyKabam said:

as shallow and subjective as that answer is its the best I could think up, the stuff DE has been putting out has just not been fun.

warframe started to feel more like a second job to me and my friends so we all just took a break. Popped back in for liches/railjack that was/is garbage, popped back in for scarlet spear, more garbage. Game stinks with all the trash piling up, best for me option for me is wait and see if DE can air it out.

I've done more or less all there is to do in warframe; these new updates don't offer me anything fun to play with, they're exciting when announced and very disappointing to experience.

& this is exactly what I think too

The last three updates weren't fun, just grind, more grind, on top of the already grindy gameplay

Well, Railjack can be fun, but we grinded for what purpose?

I still don't like liches 'cause they aren't at all what was promised

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

& this is exactly what I think too

The last three updates weren't fun, just grind, more grind, on top of the already grindy gameplay

Well, Railjack can be fun, but we grinded for what purpose?

I still don't like liches 'cause they aren't at all what was promised

So what was fun for you in Warframe? When was Warframe any more than what it is now. This is what I'm not understanding. 

I was still very much enjoying this game when all we had to do was grind the void and use static mods without much variation. Today, we just have MORE things to do to get power. How is PoE any less fun than doing defense missions over and over? How is SS any more tedious than other events? How is the liche worse than farming Vor or any other boss for parts? How is railjack worse than the liset? 

What super engaging Warframe gameplay have you guys been experiencing? 

Or may...just maybe... You've been playing too much Warframe, got bored and instead of taking a break, blame the game. It's like blaming pizza for not tasting better (or becoming a hamburger) because youre sick of it after eating it every day for 5 years.  

Edited by Hypernaut1
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Dark_Lugia said:

They are fighting symptoms rather than the cause of their problems...

• Limbo is making the boring event more bearable -> get nerfed instead of a proper event
  • Healing abilities are healing -> get removed/nerfed instead of a proper rework
  • Everyone is complaining about the Murmur grind -> grind gets increased first and needed a ton of complains to get decreased again instead of a proper lich system (i still thing the murmur should be a bit more like the game master mind, and not just grind till you have all 3 and just test the three and slkip the rest)
  • Leaving old content behind -> old buggy content (Eidolons, Jordas) instead of fixing it
  • But on the same hand they are adding more and more content islands...
  • And then just removing it like raids, index map, dark sector, leaderboards, instead of reworking them
  • Nerfing to much, old Tonkor, Catchmoon, Redeemer, Zenistar, (soon Bramma?), many changes to make things line of sight, killing of endless melee scaling, killing combos for repetitive e key spam, corrosive (and cp) nerf insteads of a proper mod/dmg/health rework (look at everything and not just a small part (btw. we are still missing the "ragebar" which was teaser/announced for melee 3.0))
  • Promise stuff that looks awsome and then it is a buggy/broken mess on release --> Railjack, Liches, Eidolons, serveral events (nstead of saying this is just a small test they act like it*s content for weeks or months
  • Old bugs ain't getting fixed -> waiypoint system and lighting is broken since years  and especially the waypoint system is getting worse and worse.... instead of adressing the issue it gets ignored
  • Everything is made for newbies and casual accessability, like Eidolons on Earth for Mr0 Newbies, Railjack for all, reducing railjack costs, instead "Endgame" or "Vet" content or something "challenging" for those who are playing for a while (design council challenges were nice, but got drop cause to many cried...)
  • Making previous farming looking like a joke, thumper -> no more fishing needed, exploiter orb -> skip fortuna farm, eidolons -> skip trials, scarlet spear -> skip eidolons instead of adressing the grind/time needed
  • They don't vaule time spend and rewards -> blazing step ephemera with it'S 1.01% is a joke, time speed grinding is a joke and needed to be changes in multiple events, event the in latest with sparlet spear
  • Riven system is broken mess -> instead of a proper stat, damage, cc rework, but people are willing to spend huge amounts of plat for that stuff
  • Broken promises -> like ephemera as "challenge reward", so far that's only kinda true for the bleeding body one which can eb bought for vitus essence and the new one which can be bought for anormaly shards, the rest are pure RNG with ridiculous low drop chances aka an huge grind or pay to get...
  • Removing reactions on the forums, now we only have the like button.... i want my dislike and hahaha button back...

And much more...

And that's just the tip of the iceberg... Removing reactions was a low blow.

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Today, we just have MORE things to do to get power

By power, I'm guessing you mean stronger. But we already have everything, there's nothing that makes us stronger or have new fun stuff to do

23 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

How is PoE any less fun than doing defense missions over and over?

I never said anything about POE so don't ask me. The only times I play in the open worlds is when I want to relax & go hunting or fishing, & sometimes I take Gauss & run around for an hour, or Grendel & roll down a mountain, you know, because I find it fun

26 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

How is SS any more tedious than other events?

I already answered that question: They said they were making an event that would give us arcanes & other stuff while reducing the grind. What we got is more grind & two frames being nerfed because of one limited time event

29 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

How is the liche worse than farming Vor or any other boss for parts?

Farming bosses is, well, farming bosses, the lich system doesn't even revolve around liches for the most part, it revolves around thralls & murmur farm. Again, that's not what was planned, & they didn't even ask us before releasing it

31 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

How is railjack worse than the liset?

The liset is the little ship that you see in loading screens, I think you meant tileset

Railjack is its own game-mode that doesn't have anything to do with the core game, that's why it's worse. What's the point of doing Railjack right now?

33 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Or may...just maybe... You've been playing too much Warframe, got bored and instead of taking a break, blame the game.

I just came back for SS after an almost 5 month break, don't give me that

I played, Gmod, Dark Souls 3 & Dark Souls 1, Portal & Portal 2, a bit of Trove, Castlevania LOS, Starbound, Subnautica, FTL, Slime Rancher, Black Desert Online, Skyrim, some more Gmod, & DOOM Eternal, in that order. Don't say that I just "need a break", ffs

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

I already answered that question: They said they were making an event that would give us arcanes & other stuff while reducing the grind. What we got is more grind & two frames being nerfed because of one limited time event

Did you think they were just going to give us arcanes? Or develop an event that was somehow going to give you an entire adventure games worth of content to play through 

If you didn't think SS was going to be the same mission played over and over 100s of times, you must have forgotten what game you were playing.

• Like 2

"Bad" as in "less good" .. 

Bugs ..

How long will the current event continue running after they actually fix the kill code transmission bugs?  Any answer other than "the full intended duration" is disappointing. "A week" would be miserable. 

Host migration remains a cause of many issues. 

The QoL update was great though. I would probably rant about liches and railjack too if not for it. I like liches now though, and railjack is .. close .. ish. 

Still not a fan of nightwave, although it's been improving each iteration too. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Did you think they were just going to give us arcanes? Or develop an event that was somehow going to give you an entire adventure games worth of content to play through 

If you didn't think SS was going to be the same mission played over and over 100s of times, you must have forgotten what game you were playing.

That's not a lot of arguments compared to what I provided, you could at least say if you agree or not with what I said

EDIT: btw, that doesn't answer my point

Edited by Xenox_Ilz-ot
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

That's not a lot of arguments compared to what I provided, you could at least say if you agree or not with what I said

EDIT: btw, that doesn't answer my point

I guess I have no point. Your free to not be satisfied. Good luck with that

• Like 1

3 hours ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

People have a right to be upset that they're being used as a test server.

Bugs and Quality of Life fixes should always be complained about.

However, people whining about frame genders and not being able to get MR 29, or whining because a 7 year game made changes arent even close to being taken seriously. They're complete time wasters.

To be clear, PC has always been the QA test server. The problem is since October 2017 when DE got their name in coloured lights (Time Square) DE has been squandering the good will, and traded on the cooperative nature of their community. DE has the money to fix their game and make it right. Instead they do not listen to their community anymore, unless their is a massive uproar. (Has anyone heard about the $250K space ride that was to be announced back in December?)

PC never minded being the QA department, until DE stopped listening. Instead they act like the shunned AAA companies, deliberately promising some new feature, such as Liches or Rail jack, spend 3 and 2 years respectively to make it, deliberately teasing the community about how "Awesome" it will be (See Tenno Con) then release both in a half @$$ed and broken state. Then pikachu face when there is community backlash. People are leaving like rats off a sinking ship. Long time Vets, and content creators alike.

If DE listened more to their Veterans and certain content creators, delivered on their promises and fixed their game, there would not be nearly as much discontent in the community as we have now. DE is to blame. All of this uproar is on DE. Only DE can choose to fix it. It is not a matter of too little too late, but too much (Broken and half assed) too late.

DE needs to get their thumb out, find someone that can actually organise their silly shenanigans, and get them doing their jobs. Yes @[DE]Rebecca I know, this is all hyperbole right?

Edited by CuChulainnWD
  • Like 6

I wrote a long post and then deleted it cause I just realized that DE is just following the trend of every "fallen" studio and no amount talking about it is actually gonna stop the trainwreck. They are going to follow whatever S#&$ direction they've taken and run it to the ground. We can just wait and see if that becomes a reality or not.Well, they've had a good 7 years and I guess that's a pretty good lifespan for a f2p. This crashes and burns like every other mmo, they'll get on with the next project. It just feels like they don't want to make warframe anymore. Been a good stay for what it's worth.

• Like 5

Warframe needs to get back to it’s roots and still find ways to make money within the F2P business model.

It needs to remain faithful to what made it a worldwide success and evolve into a bigger, better version and not something entirely different.

More then once, I’ve said to myself, “This isn’t Warframe.” when some new feature or resource-grind loop has hit.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73
  • Like 4

18 минут назад, (PS4)Silverback73 сказал:

Warframe needs to get back to it’s roots

This is meaningless hollow garbage. What are the roots of Warframe? What's there to go back to?

Is stamina and coptering roots of Warframe?

Are hours of semi-AFK void camping roots of Warframe?

Are Sergeant-style oneshottable bosses roots of Warframe? 

Are raids that nobody played, and that could be finished with a fishing spear, roots of Warframe?

Oh, I know! Plains of Eidolon times, right? With all its blatant overhyping, unplayable release state, and horrendously boring event happening on it? Oh, wait, nevermind. We're still there.

Anybody who remembers dark sector conflicts gets an upvote. Those whining about good old times never bring that up though.

Edited by Serafim_94
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, (PS4)songojames said:

I’ve been hearing recently that Warframe has been getting worse to the point of it being bad now. Could someone list the things wrong with Warframe that are causing this? Thanks.

Constant nerfs since 2018 in the name of “balancing”. Many players’ favorite builds and time investment got destroyed over night. This trend is destroying the long term relationship between many players and DE. I’d personally help to promote the game and invite players to join Warframe. Now? Many friends gone and I am not promoting a game that’s going downhill due to endless nerfs.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Its not "Bad".

its just getting ... tiresome.

It was never tiresome until DE started to nerf the hell out of just about every meta and all great builds. The last straw for me is Update 26. I also saw many veteran friends gone forever. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Serafim_94 said:

This is meaningless hollow garbage. What are the roots of Warframe? What's there to go back to?

Is stamina and coptering roots of Warframe?

Are hours of semi-AFK void camping roots of Warframe?

Are Sergeant-style oneshottable bosses roots of Warframe? 

Are raids that nobody played, and that could be finished with a fishing spear, roots of Warframe?

Oh, I know! Plains of Eidolon times, right? With all its blatant overhyping, unplayable release state, and horrendously boring event happening on it? Oh, wait, nevermind. We're still there.

Anybody who remembers dark sector conflicts gets an upvote. Those whining about good old times never bring that up though.

Are you here to act like expressing your anal glands makes you tough and more “right” or do you want to have a discussion?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Are you here to act like expressing your anal glands makes you tough and more “right” or do you want to have a discussion?

He has a point. There's nothing to go back to. The core gameplay has been improved from what it was in the old days, but there's still a lot of legacy content that needs to be brought up to date.

8 minutes ago, Blexander said:

He has a point. There's nothing to go back to. The core gameplay has been improved from what it was in the old days, but there's still a lot of legacy content that needs to be brought up to date.

He does.  And so do I.

Bringing Legacy content up to date is a good point that actually supports my viewpoint.

You say “nothing to go back to” and then finish with the term legacy...do you see what just happened?

• Like 1

For me it didn't get any worse.

When I started playing, the game had many flaws, but also a huge potential, the devs made me believe in that potential. After years I got over all the naiive expectations and accepted the game for what it is, taking breaks and coming back whenever something interesting came up, ignoring all the hype the devs themselves feed with promises they can't fulfill. 

All that said, the last updates have been subpar even to my low expectations. An online game depends on evolving, if it stops, it won't suddenly become "bad", it will just lose interest and relevance. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

To me it's the practically the same exact game with just a ton more things to do and grind. I'm not sure what people are expecting.

All I know is that this game went from logging on and playing void defense over and over to logging on, being able to fly a ship, spawn a custom mini-boss, create craaazy dojos, fighting Sentients, mess around on huge maps, craft custom weapons, two new endless challenge modes, and much more. 

It boggles my mind that anyone that's played Warframe for 1000+ hrs could possibly think the game is getting worse. 

Not saying the game is perfect by any stretch, but Warframe has pretty much been consistently Warframe. The newest things has always been where the grind was heaviest. In comparison, there are tons of older things that are easy as heck to max now than it was years ago. 

9 hours ago, prodi1600 said:

Its not bad, the thing its that most veterans have this romantic fantasy about the warframe of old and always say it was better this wasn't like that and so on, but if you look at it from an outside perspective warframe have actually became better with the pass of time. In old days you had to pay for revive, every new warframe weapon or event was bugged as hell, there was no orbiter, you had stamina for parkour, there was no bullet hump but you had to glitch the game to copter around, it was even messier than now but since nowadays vets weren't vets at that time and everything was new to them ti felt better to them than now 7 years later there its nothing really new since they are high tier players since long and since they ahve about everything they rush new content way too fast not allowing dev to patch it before they burn themselves again and dont want to play it after it gets somehow fixed since they already have all the rewards.

In resume they are like that old family member that have no one of their age so complains about everything and have lot of nostalgia and awe for the days of old even if it weren't as good as they think.

So, okay...I wouldn't say I'm a vet, but I was here when the game was beta and starting out, so I guess I am? I've been on and off over the years and....No, no the game has gotten worse. And it's not fantasy or nostalgia, it's gotten worse in a tangible way. Tangible enough that causally talking with friends who still do or used to play the game agree, so there's at least something there. 

Was the game buggy as hell, of course. Did it have major flaws, absolutely; Grineer were the biggest threat in any mission, and I still remember talk of every node getting taken over by them when Invasions became core, just because of how busted Armor was. And still is. And were there game breaking combos and mechanics? Yep, I still remember immortal builds using the Rage loop. But...It was cohesive and there was stuff worth doing. And I think the game has lost that. A lot. 

I say this after coming back from a break and more or less dealing with life, so it's not like I rage quit the game like some others, and it wasn't THAT long ago either. Plains were a thing, and I think Fortuna was getting teased but not out. Either way though, I'm not saying all of this as someone who's been playing 24 7 like some. More so as someone who's seen the before and after, and the after is....Worse.

There's more content, sure, there's been fixes and additions to deal with the problems or balance out the brokeness....But, the game...The game is a lot less fun than it was. Just is. There's a lot more grind and somehow, SOMEHOW they've managed to put in even more gating than when I last played, which literally made people quit because of how bad it was, and yes all that contributes to it, but....I think the best way to explain the bulk of why it feels less fun is, 'Why bother?' Why bother doing the new content? On the one hand, Plains and Orb added in a bunch of mini-games and mini missions effectively, but they're all totally irrelevant because you can just go murk a Thumper or walking Orb to get the resources from those games. Eids added a reason to play as Operators, until you quickly realized it was the only reason, and even Rolly isn't a good reason to grind out hours to be effective as an Op. K-Drives are outclassed by Archwings as movement units, and both are outclassed by Gauss. Archwing as a mission is...It's still a big shrug years later; Cute idea that loses it's luster after 5 missions, and it becomes apparent that it's just a separate warframe effectively, that needs to be ground for. Index and Rath add some spice to the missions and gameplay, but there's no particular reason to do them other than grinding for one specific thing. I can go on and on even further back, but.... Out of all of it, the Companion system is the only thing that really added anything, and in truth barely just. And on the other hand. so much has been removed-- whole tilesets, alerts, regular events, trials, so on...Some of which was considered end game, things that included bragging rights or extra hard content so you could feel challanged but without it being 'the enemies are just the same normal enemies with 99% damage reduction'.

So you're right, but also, 'why bother'? Yeah, they added more, but it's more or less the same old warframe. Except now there's nothing to aim upward for. End-game is gone; Void is no more, Endless missions are infinitely more cheeseable now, and even if they weren't, the difficulty has been stripped due to a key few frames/weapons, and there's no recognition anymore. No prize. Then you start running into the new problems. The crunched levels were bad before, but now with the new design philosophy from the devs...Level 20 Grinner are more tanky than level 100 Corpus, unless you're using specific frames and weapons. Armor went from being God to Super Kami as far as I can tell; since certain enemies got diminishing returns on debuffs even before the status effect changes, you couldn't fully remove their armor, and now it seems some enemies have an innate armor floor. Which would be fine, if armor and non-armor damage reductions didn't stack multiplicative. This on top of some enemies being 100% immune to status, and having 60% debuff reductions, along side enemies that already hand out different damage immunities to allies. Add in that weapons are getting nerfed and it's a dangerous combo.

You have little to look forward to other than grinding, with no discernible end game or 'goal' to work up towards, be it new content, loot, or even just bragging rights, while the game continually gets harder if you're not using dev favored gear. What reason is there to stick with the game if that's the outlook? 

Edited by Gigaus
  • Like 6