Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So what are making Warframe bad currently?

(PSN)songojames

13 hours ago, Gigaus said:

So, okay...I wouldn't say I'm a vet, but I was here when the game was beta and starting out, so I guess I am? I've been on and off over the years and....No, no the game has gotten worse. And it's not fantasy or nostalgia, it's gotten worse in a tangible way. Tangible enough that causally talking with friends who still do or used to play the game agree, so there's at least something there. 

Was the game buggy as hell, of course. Did it have major flaws, absolutely; Grineer were the biggest threat in any mission, and I still remember talk of every node getting taken over by them when Invasions became core, just because of how busted Armor was. And still is. And were there game breaking combos and mechanics? Yep, I still remember immortal builds using the Rage loop. But...It was cohesive and there was stuff worth doing. And I think the game has lost that. A lot. 

I say this after coming back from a break and more or less dealing with life, so it's not like I rage quit the game like some others, and it wasn't THAT long ago either. Plains were a thing, and I think Fortuna was getting teased but not out. Either way though, I'm not saying all of this as someone who's been playing 24 7 like some. More so as someone who's seen the before and after, and the after is....Worse.

There's more content, sure, there's been fixes and additions to deal with the problems or balance out the brokeness....But, the game...The game is a lot less fun than it was. Just is. There's a lot more grind and somehow, SOMEHOW they've managed to put in even more gating than when I last played, which literally made people quit because of how bad it was, and yes all that contributes to it, but....I think the best way to explain the bulk of why it feels less fun is, 'Why bother?' Why bother doing the new content? On the one hand, Plains and Orb added in a bunch of mini-games and mini missions effectively, but they're all totally irrelevant because you can just go murk a Thumper or walking Orb to get the resources from those games. Eids added a reason to play as Operators, until you quickly realized it was the only reason, and even Rolly isn't a good reason to grind out hours to be effective as an Op. K-Drives are outclassed by Archwings as movement units, and both are outclassed by Gauss. Archwing as a mission is...It's still a big shrug years later; Cute idea that loses it's luster after 5 missions, and it becomes apparent that it's just a separate warframe effectively, that needs to be ground for. Index and Rath add some spice to the missions and gameplay, but there's no particular reason to do them other than grinding for one specific thing. I can go on and on even further back, but.... Out of all of it, the Companion system is the only thing that really added anything, and in truth barely just. And on the other hand. so much has been removed-- whole tilesets, alerts, regular events, trials, so on...Some of which was considered end game, things that included bragging rights or extra hard content so you could feel challanged but without it being 'the enemies are just the same normal enemies with 99% damage reduction'.

So you're right, but also, 'why bother'? Yeah, they added more, but it's more or less the same old warframe. Except now there's nothing to aim upward for. End-game is gone; Void is no more, Endless missions are infinitely more cheeseable now, and even if they weren't, the difficulty has been stripped due to a key few frames/weapons, and there's no recognition anymore. No prize. Then you start running into the new problems. The crunched levels were bad before, but now with the new design philosophy from the devs...Level 20 Grinner are more tanky than level 100 Corpus, unless you're using specific frames and weapons. Armor went from being God to Super Kami as far as I can tell; since certain enemies got diminishing returns on debuffs even before the status effect changes, you couldn't fully remove their armor, and now it seems some enemies have an innate armor floor. Which would be fine, if armor and non-armor damage reductions didn't stack multiplicative. This on top of some enemies being 100% immune to status, and having 60% debuff reductions, along side enemies that already hand out different damage immunities to allies. Add in that weapons are getting nerfed and it's a dangerous combo.

You have little to look forward to other than grinding, with no discernible end game or 'goal' to work up towards, be it new content, loot, or even just bragging rights, while the game continually gets harder if you're not using dev favored gear. What reason is there to stick with the game if that's the outlook? 

Still was messy and even more broken in old days, I tried at 2014 in PS4 and didn't even like it just played for about a month and left it, I just also returned since last year, but yes as usual with looters that's the issue, you know there is a lot of grind so you need a motivation, some like PSO2 use story as an argument to motivate you, others like Destiny put on display shiny things to make you work for it, in my case I like the overall game aesthetics and enjoy the gameplay thats my motivation to play it, to not intoxicate myself I usually play something else & WF, one day one game the other day the other game, since have a job & married and not much free time.

About end game, like it or not this game cant have a true endgame since its will mean you can somehow finish the game, what the devs may try its to(mostly failing at this point) create missions and game modes that can fell like an end game for a time to give true vets"the ones who actually have everything at 100%" something to do but they will keep changing it too try and keep players as long as possible clear examples, eidolon hunts, orb mother, railjack, now this scarlet spear event and so on. For us as player it may be grindy or not significant at all but if it bring player base to WF its a sucess in the eyes of a dev becuase thats what they want and need more players to consume plat.

About the devs themselves yes they are messy as hell and should try to put their SH8t together and stick to their ideas its like every week or so they change their vision a 180 hurting the game and players as well.

On 2020-04-07 at 3:20 PM, Dreadwire said:

It's not bad.

It's not what it's used to be.

And they need to stop promising something they cant delivers.

or throwing in half arsed rubbish that has no right to be in a supposed sci-fi, space ninja, horde looter-shooter.

I don't think there's a ton wrong with the game, besides the usual bugs. But there's something wrong with the developers.

I think, in their efforts to push boundaries, they're tripping over themselves.

They are, for example, losing track of what Warframe's about. I.e., Warframes. Railjack is a fine little side expansion, yet with Scarlet Spear, they're pushing it to the forefront. But the game's called Warframe, not Railjack. Same is going on with Archwings, which are literal overwrites of the player's Warframe. But the game's called Warframe, not Archwing.

On the other end, they made the OpLink system, which...doesn't really add anything to Scarlet Spear. It's a neat little technical feat that they're able to figure out how to do that at all, but in pushing that creation, I feel like they lost track of what it was meant to do: link two squads together.

Imagine if they kept that focus with OpLink so that it actually linked two squads. Imagine if the upcoming modular Archwings were modular Warframes (with rebalanced abilities) and Archwings just gave players a flight option akin to K-Drives (and K-Drives let people use guns). Imagine if Railjack ships were bigger and the player's job was to maintain the ship and stop boarding parties and hop on the outside of the ship to help shoot down enemies in a giant firefight (not like our guns can't already take out dropships). Maybe they could still pilot the ship, or take gunnery positions, but it would be an option rather than the main event. Imagine if they went along with the power fantasy lean and just relaxed, made the game more funny and more fun, and saved all the super serious stuff for the Sentient faction because they're the only ones remotely threatening.

I'm not saying that's exactly what DE should do. But doesn't it sound a little better if those sorts of things A: delivered on what was promised and B: focus on the Warframe part of Warframe?

• Like 1

On 2020-04-07 at 7:10 AM, (PS4)songojames said:

I’ve been hearing recently that Warframe has been getting worse to the point of it being bad now. Could someone list the things wrong with Warframe that are causing this? Thanks.

Nothing all of the people who are complaining are coming up with whatever they can to convince themselves and other people they are 'SMARTER' than DE. They are stuff like 'stop adding NEW CONTENT for the game and refine what's already there' or 'they need to add to the BASE GAME the RECENT UPDATES don't do this (somehow). Meanwhile they really don't give any worthwhile example as to what they're talking because they are making it up.

Secondly they are 'adding to the base game' and what's already there. Kuval Liches? Expanded the base gameplay by introducing randomly generated bosses that drop rewards so check. Railjack is taking the multiple game modes and is bringing them together which includes basic ground combat that they are referring to so check. Another complaint they have is that 'NONE OF THE CONTENT IS LINKED TOGETHER they are "ISLANDS"'. Meanwhile RAILJACK is literally putting different game modes together and they are currently refining the Oplink/Squad Link mechanic.

The only legit complaint they really have is that the recent updates are buggy compared to some previous updates. The thing is though they can't catch literally every single bug because the Devbuild environment IS DIFFERENT because of things like the 'MULTILPLE INSTANCING' mechanic that mmo games run off of. Even then DE said during their 'Home Devstream' they are trying to increase the size of the Bug Testing team in their 'Test Cluster'.

However it seems that these people are purposefully dismissing that these bugs are getting fixed to the point it seems like they literally living in the past.

They will also say stuff like 'De isn't listening to player feedback'. Meanwhile they have an established history of the doing the exact opposite they tweaked how Kuva Liches work and the tweaked how some of the changes to the status system works. 

And just to show that I can also criticize them I will they NEED to fix CHROMA a lot quicker than they are currently. But at the end of the day its a business decision to hold off on reworking him and they have shown that they do get around to it its just they operate by scheduling periodic 'reviews' when it comes to reworking 'problem warframes'.

Other than that will just scream at random stuff like 'The game is bleeding players' no evidence of this and if they provide it they will specifically use the holiday season when most people are logged off to justify it. Or try to claim something near 80,000 STEAM players is somehow a low number without taking into account NON- STEAM players and players from other countries.

And it really shows that these people are just doing it for attention when scream stuff like 'DE doesn't play their own game/ They are incompetent etc etc etc' They are doing it on purpose because they need an ego boost. They recently tried to claim the Khora Venari nerf is evident they don't play the game but they fixed it when it was pointed out to them which means they do know what they're doing because they ARE LISTENING its just hard to keep track of all the little details they put into the game because they showed they understood how shotguns pre status changes and the like.

So if you see these kinds of comments if it doesn't make sense to you or it seems like over reacting its because it is. DE is like actively ignoring these people and its gotten to the point even DE Rebecca made a jab at these people in one of the devstreams by emphasizing 'CIVIL FEEDBACK' during a devstream. These people are actively and ignored and are just ticked that none of the 'false' complaints are being listened to.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Xkorpitron said:

times change, move on, i personally dont mind raids, but i dont think majority would want raids, and actually if you go around asking why people play warframe i think you get a good idea why, only a small % of people played raids...the "old" warframe is dead.

I agree on raids.  I’m talking more fundamental as in the little things that set it apart that make it engaging and at times, a great experience.

The only thing about this whole outcry i can agree upon, was the riven system, it destroyed the whole mechanic of a game, i see no point in it, but to "min/max" the damage output of ur weapon most times, that's all the rivens are for, no one cares about CC, no one cares about secondary stats on a riven, multishot, crit chance and crit damage and % dmg are kings in the preferred stats for a riven. The rest of the complaints are just needless outcries of people who want to argue for the sake of it.

On 2020-04-07 at 4:07 PM, Serafim_94 said:

This is meaningless hollow garbage. What are the roots of Warframe? What's there to go back to?

Is stamina and coptering roots of Warframe?

Are hours of semi-AFK void camping roots of Warframe?

Are Sergeant-style oneshottable bosses roots of Warframe? 

Are raids that nobody played, and that could be finished with a fishing spear, roots of Warframe?

Oh, I know! Plains of Eidolon times, right? With all its blatant overhyping, unplayable release state, and horrendously boring event happening on it? Oh, wait, nevermind. We're still there.

Anybody who remembers dark sector conflicts gets an upvote. Those whining about good old times never bring that up though.

Hey quick question to you and anyone else that can answer it, Is there really 100% no way for me to get this dark sector achievement? I am going for all the steam achievements and I want to make sure there is absolutely no way to get this last steam achievement I need.

1. nerf whatever players enjoy. This actually demotivate players to play anymore. What for grinding for the good gear/ weapon? They will eventually get nerfed.

2. contents drought: when a new update is finally here after lots of DElays, it is still full of bugs

3. the grind is dry and boring like hell. For players who like Warframe, we don't mind grinding but when the grind is as dry as the desert, even the most veteran can't bear with it. An iconic example is the grind of murmurs when the patch first dropped and Warframe now got a bad habit of making a new update very grindy at first and fix it later after players complain. It is like they never play their own game and expect the players to test the crap and tell them what it tastes. I might as well play barbie doll frames and put a ribbon on my kavat. Honestly, I think many are willing to pay lots of plat to customize our companions. It is time to fashionpets!

• Like 1

and most importantly, if the new BIG update is just another copy paste of open world like plain of eidolon (fortuna is the clone of POE) which takes up a longggg time to develop. I would rather we got no big update but fun and memorable events like the Dog days which give unique rewards. e.g. special syandana/ toys/ armors/ emblems. And these events can be recurring so that new players are given a chance to get the special rewards and it adds spice to Warframe instead of waiting for 2 years for railjack update. 

I don't think if it is so much "what is wrong with the game" but rather "We are super hyping this big update. Look at all the visuals, new content, features, upgrades".

When players get the update there's about 30% what had been shown and talked about. I don't know how clear they were during Lich and Railjack introduction that only 20-30% of the actual stuff is released and adding the rest will take +1 year. That is disapointing.

I thought also thought Lich would be more like Nemesis who hunts us but it's we who always hunt Lich. No Lich + Railjack together in same mission and no new challenged with Lich system. They could have added some new rules and tricks for Lich system but instead all missions play EXATCLY the same excpt it's always Grineer as the enemy.

Why hacking spy data doesn't give Murmur? Add some new challenges on the way to the data room and it would give at least little new. Ephemeras are also behind RNG while I would sometimes prefer achievement type of rewarding: kill 2/ 5/ 10/ 20/ 30/ 55 Lich to earn each Ephemera.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2020-04-08 at 9:18 AM, ikkabotz said:

Sooner or later it's time to accept DE isn't "fixing" Warframe *shrug*. Has it been anything close to complete or stabilized in its lifespan? So many things get either implemented and destabilized state of game or implemented and abandoned...or removes w promises of fixing never being fulfilled. I don't know what people are expecting, their track record is not good. It's been a sh*t show since like late 2015.

I think DE is near a burn out. Better if they leave or sell the game franchise to another more capable company. I think they must leave Warframe behind or take a really long break with it and do something else. DE is fumbling too much creating these waves of apathy, angst and disdain. When I read the forums, the only thing I see are these debates of 'you are right' 'you are wrong' in a daily basis. I don't see that enthusiasm anymore. And you don't want to know how toxic the drama between Partners is becoming. Warframe is an idea that right now seems to be running out of gas. I see more people being apathetic and sarcastic than joyful. Warframe seems to be on their last legs. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

1.Bugs, there's lots and lots of bugs, many get fixed after a while, but many game breaking and very annoying bugs take months or even years to be fixed.

2.Too much grind. It's just too much, on top on the long waiting times to build weapons and warframes (1-4 days) the grind is too long for often not so rewarding rewards, like resources, no one wants to farm poly or nano, and for good reason, it's not fun, and the drops are too low. Forma is one of the slowest farms in the game, and one of the most needed ones, to mention a few examples.

3.Repetition. The game feels repetitive too fast, every game is repetitive, games have gameplay loops that we can do over and over, but the success is in making them somewhat complex or challenging so they don't feel repetitive. Warframe's game modes and grind on the other hand tend to feel too repetitive too fast, because the missions are more often than not too simple and short, and we need to repeat them too many times to get the good rewards. Try having a full time job and being a Warframe veteran, the developers can clearly not achieve this, why should everyone else be demanded as much?

4.No endgame. This has been a problem for years, before we had Raids, which were Warframe's endgame, but now we only have a couple boss fights, which are not good enough. We have all these amazing weapons and characters to play and level up, but we don't have an endgame to use them once you've farmed for them. We have a bunch of half baked small missions that the developers claim to be endgame like eidolons, kuva liches, ESO, railjack, etc, but there's no replayability to them, once you've farmed the good weapons and rewards from them there's no incentive to go again to use said weapons and keep playing the game.

5.Slow/stale development-content release. If you have been playing Warframe for years I think you'll know what I mean. Warframe was released in 2013, it's a game 7 years old and it's still in open beta. It has no endgame or main gamemodes, other than small niche missions like sorties, ESO, Kuva, or fissures, players have been asking for endgame and fixes countless times, many of which took years to release or to this day have still not been released, such as The Sacrifice, which was a good quest, but it was fairly short and took 3 years in development. The pet stasis rework which was much needed took them 2 years to release, the armor rebalance which took place recently, also much needed, also took years, and things such as rivens, rivens are badly designed, around 80-96% of every single riven roll you could possibly obtain is worse than a normal mod, but you are not getting every one of those rolls, because the way rivens currently are, the only way to obtain a good riven roll is most often than not to buy it from other player for thousands of platinum, I'm not even exaggerating (https://old.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/gvbz6h/the_crippling_issues_with_the_riven_system_melee/?) (https://semlar.com/rivenprices/) but despite countless times players have asked DE to fix problems such as these, which are not even hard to fix, DE has refused for years.

In the whole year of 2019 we got 3 mayor updates: 

Update 25: The Jovian Concord: Which brought one new niche, short, repetitive gamemode with mediocre rewards. A pretty badly and simple designed boss. And a visual redesign to a tileset which looks great, but it didn't even look bad to begin with. 

Update 26: The Old Blood: Yet another simple repetitive gamemode with too many layers of grind, and not so rewarding rewards, the Kuva weapons, which require 5 goddamn forma each to max out god damn, that's 80 forma.

Update 27: Empyrean: Which released Railjack. Railjack was first announced at Tennocon 2018, it was announced as a big new update which would hook up to the lich system and regular missions throughout the whole star chart. Fast forward about 1 and a half years, and Railjack was finally released in the Empyrean update on December 2019. It was a buggy mess, it was literally unplayable on release, all missions were the same, it did not interact with the lich system, or with any other mission in the game in any way. The grind was incredibly long, and the balance was very bad. Railjack got better with time, but to this day it still has only one mission type, does not interact with liches or any other mission in the game, and has no replayability value. Railjack can be fun. but it is not a good game mode.

At current, Warframe is a game that keeps players interested by releasing small chunks of content that you can clear in 1 or 2 weeks, every 4 months or so, Warframe has too many small niche repetitive game modes, too much grind and too little reward for such amounts of farm. Warframe development is too slow to keep players interested, leading to players hitting a wall where they have cleared the game and have 'nothing to do' in it, not because we really have nothing to do, there's lots of small niche missions to do, but most are not rewarding or fun enough for us players to keep coming back to play after clearing every mission a couple times, and DE teasing "big updates" to players for years and then not being able to deliver what they promised, instead releasing half baked, simple and short chunks of content that turn out very disappointing in contrast with the big updates they promised for years. 

We don't need 'more' content, we need better, fun, replayable content.

Edited by D_Caedus
  • Like 4

On 2020-04-07 at 6:52 PM, Gigaus said:

Couple that with the fact that, for some reason, they've dropped off on the story front and focus more on single, large updates rather than small, regular ones like they used to, and the game is less engaging. I remember when we'd have an event every season, with possibly two or three major updates a year adding a new mode or mechanic. Now, much less so. Small bits of what's going on in the system, less lore upfront, and big gaps between meaningful content. 

On 2020-04-08 at 4:44 AM, Elyann said:

5. The lack of story , content and lore

DE isn't a small studio anymore ; Warframe's been around since 2013 , millions of people play it and yet it still lacks a well written , solid story ; it lacks in story quests number ( Vor's Prize > Once Awake > Natah > The Second Dream > The War Within > The Sacrifice > Apostasy Prologue ) and it lacks in lore ( a lot of what we know , which is not much , also happens to be hidden within old events which haven't been released again since their first appearance ) .
While Leverian and other minor events have contributed to improve this situation the issue still persists as of now.

😔

The last time we got actual story 

Now we have the Leverian where stories specific to frames are told to us, rather than shown to us through gameplay in the form of actual content. 

These stories were the reason I fell in love with Warframe and DE has strayed far away from that.

The New War is poorly handled. The excitement that came from the end of The Sacrifice has now been replaced with grind after grind after grind. 

On 2020-04-07 at 11:10 AM, Dark_Lugia said:

They are fighting symptoms rather than the cause of their problems...

• Limbo is making the boring event more bearable -> get nerfed instead of a proper event
  • Healing abilities are healing -> get removed/nerfed instead of a proper rework
  • Everyone is complaining about the Murmur grind -> grind gets increased first and needed a ton of complains to get decreased again instead of a proper lich system (i still thing the murmur should be a bit more like the game master mind, and not just grind till you have all 3 and just test the three and slkip the rest)
  • Leaving old content behind -> old buggy content (Eidolons, Jordas) instead of fixing it
  • But on the same hand they are adding more and more content islands...
  • And then just removing it like raids, index map, dark sector, leaderboards, instead of reworking them
  • Nerfing to much, old Tonkor, Catchmoon, Redeemer, Zenistar, (soon Bramma?), many changes to make things line of sight, killing of endless melee scaling, killing combos for repetitive e key spam, corrosive (and cp) nerf insteads of a proper mod/dmg/health rework (look at everything and not just a small part (btw. we are still missing the "rage bar" which was teaser/announced for melee 3.0))
  • Promise stuff that looks awsome and then it is a buggy/broken mess on release --> Railjack, Liches, Eidolons, serveral events (nstead of saying this is just a small test they act like it*s content for weeks or months
  • Old bugs ain't getting fixed -> way point system and lighting is broken since years  and especially the waypoint system is getting worse and worse.... instead of adressing the issue it gets ignored
  • Everything is made for newbies and casual accessibility, like Eidolons on Earth for Mr0 Newbies, Railjack for all, reducing railjack costs, instead "Endgame" or "Vet" content or something "challenging" for those who are playing for a while (design council challenges were nice, but got drop cause to many cried...)
  • Making previous farming looking like a joke, thumper -> no more fishing needed, exploiter orb -> skip fortuna farm, eidolons -> skip trials, scarlet spear -> skip eidolons instead of adressing the grind/time needed
  • They don't vaule time spend and rewards -> blazing step ephemera with it'S 1.01% is a joke, time speed grinding is a joke and needed to be changes in multiple events, event the in latest with sparlet spear
  • Riven system is broken mess -> instead of a proper stat, damage, cc rework, but people are willing to spend huge amounts of plat for that stuff
  • Broken promises -> like ephemera as "challenge reward", so far that's only kinda true for the bleeding body one which can eb bought for vitus essence and the new one which can be bought for anomaly shards, the rest are pure RNG with ridiculous low drop chances aka an huge grind or pay to get...
  • Removing reactions on the forums, now we only have the like button.... i want my dislike and hahaha button back...

And much more...

Precisely. 

DE is turning Warframe into a portable phone game downgrading gaming standards. This will end up being a good portable phone game and a boring below average PC game. 

• Like 3

Full disclosure, I'm personally not of the opinion that Warframe is bad, nor that it's dying or the like, particularly as I suspect the latest wave of doomsayers mostly seems to stem from some people's jimmies getting rustled by DE's stance towards certain political events. I do, however, think there are some ongoing issues that worry me a bit, or rather a continuous pattern of behavior from DE that I think hasn't been helping their game's development:

• DE makes a mistake, which elicits negative player feedback.
  • DE ignores this feedback.
  • The feedback mounts to such an intensity that it erupts into a full-on PR debacle.
  • DE relents, implements some half-measures, and declares they've learned their lesson.
  • They don't learn their lesson, and repeat the exact same process sometimes mere weeks later.

This can happen due to active mistakes, e.g. releasing severely half-baked updates like Railjack, The Old Blood, Scarlet Spear, etc., or passive mistakes, e.g. ignoring player complaints regarding the design of certain bits of content, not addressing certain deep systemic issues with the game that players have pointed out have significantly hampered its development, or otherwise not focusing on issues the community considers urgent. Basically, DE seems to keep making the same mistakes and doesn't seem to learn consistently, and as a result the game sometimes feels like it's having new problems added to it rather than getting existing ones solved. This, in turn, leads to the occasional feeling that the game is lacking a clear direction or path to improvement, and in more extreme cases the perception that the game is getting worse. Overall, I'd say the game is continuing to improve, particularly as the Deadlock Protocol I think was a stellar update, it's just that this improvement isn't always consistent, and is being held back sometimes by problems the developers have created for themselves and allowed to worsen.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Teridax68 said:

• The feedback mounts to such an intensity that it erupts into a full-on PR debacle.
  • DE relents, implements some half-measures, and declares they've learned their lesson.
  • They don't learn their lesson, and repeat the exact same process sometimes mere weeks later.

100% of pure accuracy. 

I can't explain it better. Point four is one of the best critique I've read on the forums. 

This can happen due to active mistakes, e.g. releasing severely half-baked updates like Railjack, The Old Blood, Scarlet Spear, etc., or passive mistakes, e.g. ignoring player complaints regarding the design of certain bits of content, not addressing certain deep systemic issues with the game that players have pointed out have significantly hampered its development, or otherwise not focusing on issues the community considers urgent.

Basically, DE seems to keep making the same mistakes and doesn't seem to learn consistently, and as a result the game sometimes feels like it's having new problems added to it rather than getting existing ones solved. This, in turn, leads to the occasional feeling that the game is lacking a clear direction or path to improvement, and in more extreme cases the perception that the game is getting worse.

These are clean cut critiques. They are accurate with DE performance. 

...improvement isn't always consistent, and is being held back sometimes by problems the developers have created for themselves and allowed to worsen.

One of the main problems is DE consistency. 

In my opinion, I think DE is not happy with Warframe and the community. That's the impression I have. Protocol was a good comeback. I wish few of these follows. 

Edited by Felsagger
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Teridax68 said:

The problem with that are the people who only look at the 3 "shame" updates that fit in on those points (somewhat) and use them as the norm even though the game has 7 years of updates in the trunk. I mean, out of the 7 years of updates there have been 3 really questionable once (these latest 3) and one where the design kinda fell flat (SO/ESO). The rest have been pretty well made and most issues have been centered around smaller bugs and tiny balance problems early on. Should 3 releases really be seen as the norm when they are in reality the outliers? Especially now when DE have shown they do learn and listen with the release of Deadlock, which was a pretty much nearly flawless release aside from a few small bugs and some balancing needed for Protea which we recieved quickly.

The reason I used the "(somewhat)" above is because the measures taken for liches and RJ have been good and not really half-assed. The problem however with those measures was that in the case of liches there was imo an unprofessional approach towards the criticism at start, which more or less turned out as "nope we wont change liches cos we (read I) think it is good the way we (read I again) designed it" followed by only minor changes at start which were said to be final. Then a while later the bell was ringing with a completely different sound and the changes we asked for were released. They should have never been bullheaded to begin with or told us we were wrong in our opinion as a community, they should have bitten the sour apple of criticism back then and released the changes in the first change pass for liches.

Sure, people can have pride in their work but they should also have enough self distance to accept when criticism is just, fair and quite unanimous.

On 2020-04-08 at 1:57 AM, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

New content being more focused on wasting our time than creating a fun, rewarding experience.

It's not just to waist our time.  It's to push players  to buy boosters. Why you think they made its you have to forma those lich weapons 5 times. .  Forma sells. . Repair drones. . Lich hunter pack. . Mod boosters. . Trying to say loot frames were buged.. realising railjack on console without a single bug fix knowing it was broken just to get that Christmas money. .and leaving it like that for 2 months..

DE lost 5 million last year. .   So it's DE designing to get players to break... and spend money..  the days of DE been known as the good devs went out the window with their fake railjack demo,  and they no longer service the player base , but their Chinese overlords. ..

Edited by (PS4)SolarPhantom82
  • Like 1

В 07.04.2020 в 17:10, (PS4)songojames сказал:

Thanks.

the only part of content that kept me occupied for a very long time is actually PoE. Not only Tridolons, but PoE in general. At the same time Fortuna looks like rushed piece of something. Just compare Ghouls and Plague Star with Thermia. So i was really disappointed in Fortuna, well at least we can teleport to LD without triggering a dialogue after how long? 2 years? great. good qol improvement, DE.

For a half of decade DE didn't managed to come up with any type of content which would make high level players to login into the game eagerly or at very least on a positive note. Because for me game feels like a chore, which results in: "aight, where is my login reward? mhm. ktnxbye!"

New corpus tileset... Jesus H. Christ. They actually managed to remove most convenient defense map in the game and now we have a map with limited LoS, with mobs stuck in the corners and g-d forbid if you have Vauban or Khora on the team. New corpus tileset is also the worst tileset for survival as well. Too much useless space, travel time of mobs is too great. But hey! we still have Outer Terminus! Enjoy.

And some personal gripes, like Magnetize being broken for the last 3 months, it's gonna be 4 months on july 5th. After 6 years DE can't fix "skip animation" bug upon joining a mission...

Is the game became worse?  i don't think so. i see little changes in the game actually(aside from PoE which is imho the best piece of content DE came up with). Game is pretty much the same as it has been since open beta. And don't even begin with but DE did this or DE did that, look at these quests etc. etc. Game does not provide players with goals or challenges, WF as game is full of artificial goals which players set before themselfs, without these artificial goals WF is "i downloaded, i saw, i deleted" type of game. So until DE would somehow change that, game would remain the very same product that hit open beta 7 years ago.

Edited by Kel_Silonius
  • Like 4

39 minutes ago, Enialyx said:

Like...EA?

america dun GIF

LMAO. 

lolno... 

Maybe work in parallel with other developers in a partner contract. Maybe working with Sony world wide studio could be a good start or working with developers like Guerrilla Games among many other good developers. 

On 2020-04-07 at 11:10 AM, Dark_Lugia said:

Making previous farming looking like a joke, thumper -> no more fishing needed, exploiter orb -> skip fortuna farm, eidolons -> skip trials, scarlet spear -> skip eidolons instead of adressing the grind/time needed

I'm actually ok with this. I'm not playing warframe to fish or mine and I just hated having to do so at all for any reason.